The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I asked before about the Move controllers being necessary but I should have clarified that I moved my PS4 into my bedroom and the gap between the foot of the bed and the TV is just enough to walk through. Playing standing up in that area is definitely not an option. Moving shit around just for VR isn't happening either, I like everything exactly where it is for playing games and watching TV.

So revised question: ok, Moves are necessary since I do want to play Rush of Blood, but will I even be able to use them properly while sitting on the bed? Is the VR itself practical like that or am I just wasting my time considering it? I'm not clear on what the camera needs to work properly and I haven't used any motion controller since the original Wii and that wasn't even at my house.

Wish the games were reversed in those bundles too. I'd try GT Sport if it was 'free' but Skyrim requires 200ish mods to be playable imo.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You are going to want at least about five or six feet between the camera and the bed. Do you have that? Or can you make it that way? Or, you could sit cross legged in the middle of the bed.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Meh I hear the GT Sport implementation isn't all that great. I honestly wouldn't recommend setting up your psvr and trying to play from bed, you'd be missing out on some awesome games that are meant to be played standing up. You can play Skyrim with a DS4 though if you want. Anyways, mods or not Skyrim is going to be awesome in VR, check out some of the more recent gameplay footage.

If you insist on playing from bed though a game like Rush of Blood plays well from a seated position as your just firing guns at things and there are plenty of experiences that will work.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
One issue you're going to run into on a bed with move controllers is any time you have to go below the plane of your bed in VR, you just won't be able to and it'll cause issues in a lot of games. It'd be hard to hit any consoles in Star Trek Bridge Crew for example. You're really going to limit the # of games you can play. You CAN mount the camera on a boom mic stand and move it around though so you can use it from bed and perhaps in other places. The TV positioning is irrelevant for anything other than social games.

Vorph

You are going to want at least about five or six feet between the camera and the bed. Do you have that? Or can you make it that way? Or, you could sit cross legged in the middle of the bed.
Yeah, I generally play games sitting up against the headboard, so there's probably 7-8' between me and the TV. A bit less when I sit cross-legged in the middle sometimes.

You CAN mount the camera on a boom mic stand and move it around though so you can use it from bed and perhaps in other places. The TV positioning is irrelevant for anything other than social games.
Yeah, it occured to me after I asked the question that I was thinking in terms of the TV placement even though I'd be using the VR headset. If I can mount the camera to something else I could play alongside the bed; the room itself is rather large compared to the bed and other furniture in it.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah, it occured to me after I asked the question that I was thinking in terms of the TV placement even though I'd be using the VR headset. If I can mount the camera to something else I could play alongside the bed; the room itself is rather large compared to the bed and other furniture in it.

Yep, sometimes when I want more room I move my mic stand out to the side of my tv and change which way I'm facing. That's probably the biggest thing about mounting that thing, you need to be able to move it for different games to get the best tracking possible.

You're also going to want to cover up things that reflect and shit in view of the camera.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I think playing close by on your bed with move controls might actually be pretty sweet. My couch is like 7 feet from my camera (which is dogshit) and the camera loses track of me all the time. I can't even sit back on my couch fully without getting out of range. It's the worst part of the setup for me.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I think playing close by on your bed with move controls might actually be pretty sweet. My couch is like 7 feet from my camera (which is dogshit) and the camera loses track of me all the time. I can't even sit back on my couch fully without getting out of range. It's the worst part of the setup for me.
You likely have reflections or other issues that are contributing to the shit tracking. I stand much further than 7 feet when I want to play something like Superhot and have zero issues. You can hold the PS button at any time and bring up the option to check yourself in the camera. For Superhot say, you want to be able to make sure when you hold the move wands over your head (or near the ground) they're not getting out of frame of the camera.

Reflective surfaces (like even picture frames) and the lighting situation in the room have to be accounted for to get the best tracking possible.

Every game is different though, some games just have better tracking period like say Farpoint with the Aim controller.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The only thing in-between me and my camera is my living room table, which I guess is reflective... It's lacquered wood. I'll try covering it next time. There are some picture frames behind me above my head, too... I'm not gonna take those down or cover them when I play. Either way, the camera sucks dicks.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The only thing in-between me and my camera is my living room table, which I guess is reflective... It's lacquered wood. I'll try covering it next time. There are some picture frames behind me above my head, too... I'm not gonna take those down or cover them when I play. Either way, the camera sucks dicks.
It's a bad design for sure, but it can be massaged to work. I hear placing a light source like a lamp behind the camera actually helps too.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Whats going to be my best deal on a 3dxl? $200 seems excessive at this point

Just get drunk like the rest of us in this thread and buy shit off of Amazon the others recommend with zero regrets.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Whats going to be my best deal on a 3dxl? $200 seems excessive at this point
I'm still watching for deals and I haven't seen anything except the plain old 2DS anywhere. No 2DS XL (what I want) or 3DS XL (would not buy unless on sale for $150 and 100% guaranteed an IPS/IPS) at all.

At this point I think it's not happening unless Amazon puts the 2DS XL on sale Friday or Monday.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm still watching for deals and I haven't seen anything except the plain old 2DS anywhere. No 2DS XL (what I want) or 3DS XL (would not buy unless on sale for $150 and 100% guaranteed an IPS/IPS) at all.

At this point I think it's not happening unless Amazon puts the 2DS XL on sale Friday or Monday.
That's what I'm seeing too

spronk

FPS noob
Unless you are on the bus a lot or something I'm not sure why you'd buy a 3DS XL, is it for you or a gift? I don't see any black friday deals on them either sadly, just the new 2DS models. You might be better off buying a used 3DS XL since i'm not sure which firmware versions are hackable and which are not, if you hack yours (SUPER easy) you can load every single game ever made for free. Still, the diff between a 3DS and a switch (or even vita) is night and day, not sure I'll ever touch a game on my 3ds XL ever again.

Anyways if you also really want a project scorpio Xbox One X edition they are heavily in stock at newegg apparently
Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more - Newegg.com

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Unless you are on the bus a lot or something I'm not sure why you'd buy a 3DS XL, is it for you or a gift? I don't see any black friday deals on them either sadly, just the new 2DS models. You might be better off buying a used 3DS XL since i'm not sure which firmware versions are hackable and which are not, if you hack yours (SUPER easy) you can load every single game ever made for free. Still, the diff between a 3DS and a switch (or even vita) is night and day, not sure I'll ever touch a game on my 3ds XL ever again.

Anyways if you also really want a project scorpio Xbox One X edition they are heavily in stock at newegg apparently
Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more - Newegg.com

Got young kids. Tv is dominated. Also switch has 2 games

Also I'm not interesting in hacking it. I purchase my games. I torrented the entire Dreamcast library when the hacks came out and it cheapened the system for me

Last edited:
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Thats pretty funny

Microsoft gonna run a BF digital thing start Nov 17th (fri)
Black Friday | Xbox

Some prices have leaked elsewhere:
Forza 7 - 39.99
Forza Hor 3: 29.99
Gears 4: 19:99
Halo Wars 2: 19.99