The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Nija

<Silver Donator>
God dammit, I have a Yamaha receiver but I don't know what this means. How bad did I fuck myself?

I think you're fine. If you want to spend under (roughly) $400, Yamaha is the best receiver you can buy. They have owned that tier for a long time. Pioneer used to have some good things, but that hasn't been the case in a long time.

> $400 < $1,500 I'd say Marantz. That's where I always have been despite having TOO MUCH MONEY downstream from the receiver.

I'm NeverDenon kind of guy like there are people who are NeverTrumpers. Just say no to Denon. You can sometimes say yes to Onkyo, but you want to sell it as soon as the warranty expires.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah, my KS8000 will support HDR10+, at least on App, not sure about on inputs though. Need to see clarification. It won’t ever do Dolby Vision and I’m not in market for another TV for a while.
Yeah the 2017 models only have HDMI 2.0b, not 2.1. So no hdr10+ except for streaming

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm pretty sure it has the HDMI 2.2 stuff, atleast one connection. I'm just using the ARC feature though.

Is audio any better when you plug everythign through the receiver? I just have it all going to the TV then to the ARC.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty sure it has the HDMI 2.2 stuff, atleast one connection. I'm just using the ARC feature though.

Is audio any better when you plug everythign through the receiver? I just have it all going to the TV then to the ARC.

I use Arc for my Netflix/Amazon prime app from the TV because it supports dolby vision, and that will pass 5.1 dolby digital. However, with 4k movies, I run that through the receiver because it will pass DTS:X tracks or a pure lossless equivilent and those movies sound absolutely fucking amazing over traditional arc pass through from the Set itself. Also, Dolby Atmos through the player as well into the receiver.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

I think you are thinking of HDCP 2.2

• 1Like

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
btw if you wanna play around with HDR10, Dolby Vision, ATMOS, etc but don't wanna spend the $1500-2500 on a LG OLED or want a second TV for office/bedroom I highly recommend the TCL 55" 4k TV. Its $599 at best buy, may go cheaper for BF, The P607 is the same thing as the P605 model at best buy except the latter has a dumb remote vs the smart remote of the 607.
TCL P Series 2017 P607 4K HDR TV Review (55P607): One Fantastic TV For Its Price -
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-55...dynamic-range-roku-tv/5878705.p?skuId=5878705

Obviously its not gonna be as good as the LG or Samsung top of the line's but I plan on getting one to use in guest bedroom and to play around with video settings. The Samsung MU8000 is also gonna be $900 at best buy on BF and another great < $1k option, 2017 TV model of KS8000 I believe.

Have that TCL in my bedroom hooked up to my One X and it's amazing for the price. No regrets.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Picking up my ps pro soon! Can’t wait to try out 4K gaming in HDR. Just in time for the horizon dlc!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Picked up a Scorpio edition X, AC Origin and a digital copy of Forza 7 because I apparently no longer have any impulse control. System is a lot quieter than the S/PS4 even after a few hours of Forza/AC I still couldn't hear it at all.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Picked up a Scorpio edition X, AC Origin and a digital copy of Forza 7 because I apparently no longer have any impulse control. System is a lot quieter than the S/PS4 even after a few hours of Forza/AC I still couldn't hear it at all.

Yeah played the Forza 7 demo and it blew me away. Probably pick that up. Call of Duty still impressing me.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Horizon Zero Dawn and Uncharted Lost Legacy are currently 20 bucks each at best buy. like 15 with Gamers club.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Horizon Zero Dawn and Uncharted Lost Legacy are currently 20 bucks each at best buy. like 15 with Gamers club.

Those are the two best lookin games imo I’ve played with HDR on PS4.

Lost legacy is beautiful but I love ancient Indian ruins.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Just installed my new hdmi cable to connect receiver to tv. Didn’t have a 2.0 18gb cable! So it wasn’t passing hdr and it was upscaling 1080p. Holy shit!!!! Holy shit!!!!!!!!! Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy SHIT!!!!!!!!!! Make sure to use correct cabling!!!!! Oh my god!!!!!!

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf

Nester

Vyemm Raider
i have a ps4 pro. I need a new TV that is 4k for my game room. It has to be bigger than 75"

What things should i be looking out for on the new tech? So far i have had 2 samsungs and thought they worked well. what is top brand these days ?

spronk

FPS noob
If its mostly gaming a smaller TV honestly works better, its actually harder for your eyes to flick around catching details on a bigger TV unless you are sitting far back enough. I do like 4x better when I FPS on my smaller 27" computer monitor than on my 65" TV.

After having gamed a LOT on a Samsung KS8000 (mine), a Sony 900E (parents), a TCL P605 (sisters) and an LG OLED C7 (brothers) its literally no contest at all, the LG OLEDs blow every other TV far out of the water. Low input lag, amazing pop on colors, deep blacks, best HDR config, Dolby Vision support (for streaming) and pass through ATMOS make it head and shoulders better than everything under $3k for at least 2-3 years.

In 2-3 years we'll have VRR (variable refresh rate, like gSync/Freesync for PC) and HDR+ so that'll be the good gen to run towards, but right now a 55" ($1300-1500) or 65" LG OLED ($2300-2800) is the best, followed imo by either the Samsung MU8000 ($800-1100) or the TCL P607/605 ($600). For a mix of gaming and entertainment.

• 2Like

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Just installed my new hdmi cable to connect receiver to tv. Didn’t have a 2.0 18gb cable! So it wasn’t passing hdr and it was upscaling 1080p. Holy shit!!!! Holy shit!!!!!!!!! Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy SHIT!!!!!!!!!! Make sure to use correct cabling!!!!! Oh my god!!!!!!

• 1Solidarity