The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So umm...the ps4 pro does NOT play 4k disks?!

pointing-and-laughing.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Been playing forza horizon 3 in hdr on the one S since it came with it. This game is addicting as hell haha :)

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah TLoU is one of my all time favorites for sure. I know some people aren’t fans of the combat, but I really enjoyed the suspense that came with the combat.

Everything about it was amazing, especially considering how good it looked for a ps3 game. Only knock was the insanely long load time when starting the game up.

The story and characters were obviously the best part. The opening of the game was just amazing and it doesn’t really let up.

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I know some people aren’t fans of the combat, but I really enjoyed the suspense that came with .

Same fanboys of the Souls series who think the lore and story is good lmao.

• 1Worf

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I can appreciate TLoU for it's story and overall the game was great. But come on, combat was shit
You’ve got bad taste in everything, it is known.

And I guess I have to caveat my statement. The combat against other humans kinda sucked. The combat against infected was fun.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I still have memories of that one room where I first met the clickers - and holy hannah "I NEED A SHIV DAMN IT WHERE IS A SHIV"

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So I bought a 3ds xl, no games though.

I'm looking for some recommendations.

Mostly bought it for exclusives and jrpgs. What I'm looking at getting is ocarina of Time and possibly a Pokemon game.

Never played a single Pokemon game. Ever. Which one would you guys say is the best of the best for the 3ds?

Which Zelda games are worth picking up?

Which Mario is essential? Which dragon quest game?

Any other essential games i should look for? Is b2g1 used games at GameStop going to be my best course here or is there a good Black Friday deal on a game?

I don't want to argue about TLoU because I feel combat wasn't the point of the game and I already said it was good.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah I still have memories of that one room where I first met the clickers - and holy hannah "I NEED A SHIV DAMN IT WHERE IS A SHIV"
Under the hotel when you start the generator...nearly shat myself

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You’ve got bad taste in everything, it is known.

And I guess I have to caveat my statement. The combat against other humans kinda sucked. The combat against infected was fun.

Hah, I'd say the opposite - I loved the combat with humans, but the infected while still decent was of a lesser caliber.

spronk

FPS noob
If you have a Fry's electronics you can apparently go in and pick up a 55" LG OLED B7A for $1200 and a 65" for $1800, starting today if you have the Fry's promo code for today. Its the price the TVs will be on black friday but I guess they set the price in the systems today
LG OLED 55B7A $1199 or 65B7A $1799 Fry's Black Friday, not "2016 model"

That is an insane steal at that price.

just got back from Fry's with a new LG OLED 55" B7A for $1200 out the door, Fry's covered the taxes as well so thats pretty sweet.

• 1Like

Szlia

So I bought a 3ds xl, no games though.

I'm looking for some recommendations.
[...]
Which Zelda games are worth picking up?

Which Mario is essential? Which dragon quest game?

Any other essential games i should look for?

Zelda: I think the GBA Minish Cap is available on 3DS. Never played it, supposedly very good.

Mario: not sure.

Dragon Quest: I found Dragon Quest IX a bit lame, but I would recommend the DS remakes of IV, V and VI, especially V, Hand of the Heavenly Bride (a masterpiece of efficient simplicity). A port of VII is also available on 3DS, but I have never played that entry. I believe it is not a fan favorite though because of some very grindy/lengthy parts.

Other: If you are interested in adventure games with a lot of reading, try the Ace Attorney serie. Some of the cases are brilliant thrillers with wtfs at every turn and they are all consistently funny. If you enjoy puzzles and riddles, the Professor Layton serie is very polished. The DS also has an armada of Castlevania games of the metroidvania/Symphony of night flavor. If you like music/rhythm games, the DS has the wonderful Elite Beat Agent and the 3DS has a sequel/remake/compilation of the brilliant Rhythm Heaven serie called Rhythm Heaven Megamix.

More DS games than 3DS games in my list because I never owned a 3DS!

Siliconemelons

Noodleface Noodleface

The link between world's 3D Zelda is top notch and the first "try" they did with open world no 1,2 then 3 etc model- it was kinda do whatever level in whatever order-ish like both - but the game is great and the 3d is done well and is not harsh.

Zelda OOT 3D is a great looking version of OOT but to me the 3D was harsh