The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really enjoyed it.

I REALLY enjoyed Tresspasser - the rest I'm more lukewarm to, some high points and low points - doesn't help that the level of how interesting the banter and such is varies so much by companion - Iron Bull & Dorian are awesome for banter and story stuff, but then you've got others like Sera and Cassandra that are pretty dull.

Vorph

Anyone looking for a HD upgrade for their console, Amazon has the Seagate FireCuda 2TB on sale for $66. That's a great price on a drive which can almost match SSD speeds once the cache sets itself up for a particular game. (~5 loads, according to the Digital Foundry review)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I went ham and bought link between world's, bravely default, xenoblade chronicles, Pokemon omega Ruby (I think), and Majora's mask. Figure I'm good for the year.

I realized just now that this beloongs in the mobile forum

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I went ham and bought link between world's, bravely default, xenoblade chronicles, Pokemon omega Ruby (I think), and Majora's mask. Figure I'm good for the year.

I realized just now that this beloongs in the mobile forum

Noodle is Sean’s alt account.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
I got a PS4 a couple of years ago as a present from my ex fiance. I haven't played it for a couple of years out of sheer guilt but I'm now over it and looking for some recommends on what must have titles I should catch up on first.

I haven't ever really followed ps4 games so I'm pretty much a blank slate. I've played and finished:

GTA 5
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Fallout 4

RPGs are generally my thing but I'll enjoy pretty much any genre of game. I've got the Witcher 3 lined up and ready to go!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I got a PS4 a couple of years ago as a present from my ex fiance. I haven't played it for a couple of years out of sheer guilt but I'm now over it and looking for some recommends on what must have titles I should catch up on first.

I haven't ever really followed ps4 games so I'm pretty much a blank slate. I've played and finished:

GTA 5
Fallout 4

RPGs are generally my thing but I'll enjoy pretty much any genre of game. I've got the Witcher 3 lined up and ready to go!

Horizon Zero Dawn
Persona 5
Nier Automata
Bloodborne
Dark Souls 3

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Vaclav

No mention of Skyrim, yet? For shame, people he had Fallout 4 listed as something he had and enjoyed.

For "small" games I think you might enjoy with that list - Binding of Isaac, Hand of Fate and Rogue Legacy are all great $10-20 range games with fundamentally infinite replayability.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
Cheers for the recs dudes, that'll keep me going a while!

I finished Skyrim on the last gen, albeit years ago now. Is it worth picking up for a second crack at it?

Vorph

No, not at all. Only Skyrim VR is worth revisiting--mostly for the novelty of seeing a game of that scope in VR rather than actually trying to complete a 100+ hour playthrough--and of course that requires a PSVR. Skyrim SE on PS4 doesn't even support any mods worth a shit (like the Unofficial patches that fix the thousands of bugs Bethesda has never bothered to) due to Sony's restrictions on what the mods are allowed to do.

Hand of Fate
Good game, but the sequel just came out and is superior in every way, so there's little reason to play the first game now. There's not much to the story, and it gets summarized during HoF2's tutorial.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Good game, but the sequel just came out and is superior in every way, so there's little reason to play the first game now. There's not much to the story, and it gets summarized during HoF2's tutorial.

I meant the series in a general sense - I enjoy both for different ways, stuff like the Fates and Endless Mode being done already bring me to #1 a bit more than #2 now that I've completed the campaign in it. I'm sure post-Endless Mode for 2, I'll never look back though.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

GTA 5
Fallout 4

Bloodborne is the must play PS4 game.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Got an email from Sony saying I could try PSVR for 14 days but by the time I clicked to see the details all the units had been claimed. It's a shame as it was the Skyrim bundle that has the headset that allows HDR pass through and if I decided to keep it it was $150 off MSRP which I think is better than the black Friday deals.

• 1Picard

Vorph

Yeah, it was $50 less than Black Friday, but they only offered something like 1400 units and probably sent out 100x more emails than that.