The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hah, I'd say the opposite - I loved the combat with humans, but the infected while still decent was of a lesser caliber.
I don't think I'd want to try playing it like Uncharted, but I thought all the combat was fine on hard difficulty and killing 99% of the enemies via stealth. One of these days I need to give grounded difficulty a shot on PS4.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Noodleface Noodleface heartgold/soulsilver are what i usually see considered to be the consensus best pokemon games. they're DS remakes of "pokemon 2" from the original gameboy. i will admit i have never personally played any pokemon games past gameboy advance, tho.

Vaclav

I don't think I'd want to try playing it like Uncharted, but I thought all the combat was fine on hard difficulty and killing 99% of the enemies via stealth. One of these days I need to give grounded difficulty a shot on PS4.

That's Greek to me, I never played Uncharted any substantial portion through... I need to rectify that sometime.

Vorph

In Uncharted if you're really careful you might get to kill a couple dudes per encounter with stealth but it's going to be guns blazing after that (aside from the spots here and there specifically designed to be fully stealthed). Even on Crushing difficulty you can still win without too much trouble. On the hardest TLoU settings, forget it. On hard you can shiv infected to get them out of your way and not worry about them pathing into you later, but from what I understand resources are so scarce on the two above hard that you have to avoid them entirely.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Started Rise of the Tomb Raider, looks great in 4k. Once I finish this I'll be past my backlog and can finally move on to Nier.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Noodleface Noodleface

The link between world's 3D Zelda is top notch and the first "try" they did with open world no 1,2 then 3 etc model- it was kinda do whatever level in whatever order-ish like both - but the game is great and the 3d is done well and is not harsh.

Zelda OOT 3D is a great looking version of OOT but to me the 3D was harsh
Nice. I think link between world's is gonna be my first buy

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
You seem to have missed his feelings on piracy...

I must have.

If Nintendo can't secure their shit well enough to prevent people from downloading whatever they want directly from their store, they kinda deserve it in my opinion.

Jailbreaking a 3ds is still useful even if you are against piracy, though that certainly is a big part of it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
fuck tons of deals everywhere, some good ones

PS4 Pro destiny white with D2 LE bundle, normally $449 now $349
https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Pro-1TB-Limited-Console-4/dp/B073RTKFY4

PS4 slim 1TB $199 with $50 gamestop GC, use code TY10 in checkout for ANOTHER 10% off so $180 + tax - $50. Code only works online though, if you go in store its $199+tax-$50
https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-1tb-system-with-50-gamestop-gift-card/156446

Fry's Electronics B2G1F on select switch games, in store or online (online is pretty grim website wise)
https://www.frys.com/search?query_s...72057&nearbyStoreName=false&site=160web112317

Target
Target : Expect More. Pay Less.

Best Buy
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/black-friday-video-game-virtual-reality-deals-1

Pretty much all the new games are in the $15-35 range from Shadow of War, AC Origins, Forza 7, some switch/3DS games, etc, etc. There were a few glitches last night but not a whole lot, and mostly sites not working.

Vorph

The new method that they figured out a few months after I did mine is really simple. If you're planning on doing it, I would suggest doing it soon as it does wipe the 3ds.
Unless he bought a used 3DS that hasn't been turned on in a long time and still has ancient (11.3.0-36 or lower) firmware on it, that's not happening. The only way to jailbreak an 11.4+ 3DS without buying a flashcart is to already own another 3DS that has B9S installed on it and do a system transfer.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Unless he bought a used 3DS that hasn't been turned on in a long time and still has ancient (11.3.0-36 or lower) firmware on it, that's not happening. The only way to jailbreak an 11.4+ 3DS without buying a flashcart is to already own another 3DS that has B9S installed on it and do a system transfer.

Damn, I had thought they had figured out 11.4 at least. It's been quite a while since I looked in to it, I need to check the guide and update stuff sometime.

Noodle, if you haven't given them a look, the 3ds Fire Emblem games are pretty good as well. Awakenings is a solid tactical waifu/eugenics simulator, Fates has probably the worst story/characters but good mechanics and Valentia is a really good remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden. I had never played a Fire Emblem game before other than Heroes (mobile) and enjoyed them.