The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
DUZgju4XUAA1TXb.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
haha some big european retailer (Gameware) has decided to delist selling xbox one's because of the $10/mo gamepass thing

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I upgraded to a ps4 pro finally and did the system data transfer over from my old one. I am trying to set the old one up in another room for the kids but Sony's users/account system is a goddamn disaster. The way I had it set up when it was just one ps4 was my main account with PSplus etc, and then a player 2 user. It worked fine, although every now and then something stupid would come up like player 2 couldn't access dlc in games during co-op.

So my new pro has the same set up. I hook up the old ps4 in the other room and find out they cant both be on at the same time because it is the same user (my main account). Fine, I set up 2 new users on the kids old ps4 and tell them to use that. That doesn't work, they don't have access to any digital games I bought. I have to set up the OLD ps4 as the primary console now so they can access everything on their new accounts, and my ps pro as a secondary console will have to be online signed in to my account to be able to play on it. If I go offline I lose everything.

That will work though I guess, except now they have NO save data using the new user accounts on the old console. No way to transfer it or use the existing save data from my account. It is almost not even worth having a 2nd ps4 at this point.

To top it all off, sometimes when I turn the ps4 pro on the controller just turns unresponsive on the home screen after a couple of seconds with a light blue light instead of dark blue. Can't do anything until i hit the button on the console to put it in rest mode and then back on. Has yet to happen in a game though, only when it first turns on. I just rebuilt the database and hoping that fixes it.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
haha some big european retailer (Gameware) has decided to delist selling xbox one's because of the $10/mo gamepass thing

I'll go gamepass for the next Forza\halo\GoW4and so will you lol. $10 for a month holy shit.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
yimmien yimmien I had similar problems with two PS4s. I ended up selling the old one because I couldn't find a solution I was happy with.

It seems the only real option is to make the other system entirely standalone, which means double purchases. Making the other one your primary and then using the non-primary has a zillion edge cases that make it not work as well as you think it would.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
pretty sure not gonna happen but some polygon random writer puts out a rumor that Microsoft is thinking about buying EA
The Xbox One has a serious exclusive games problem

EA is currently worth $35b, Microsoft has $140b in cash. It would be insane if all the sports games, star wars games, Anthem, etc suddenly became xbox exclusive. It would also be like the Titanic crashing into the Hindenburg if the two companies merged, as they will each fuck things up in new and spectacular ways.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
pretty sure not gonna happen but some polygon random writer puts out a rumor that Microsoft is thinking about buying EA
The Xbox One has a serious exclusive games problem

EA is currently worth $35b, Microsoft has $140b in cash. It would be insane if all the sports games, star wars games, Anthem, etc suddenly became xbox exclusive. It would also be like the Titanic crashing into the Hindenburg if the two companies merged, as they will each fuck things up in new and spectacular ways.

No way the major sports leagues would be okay with dropping the PS4. Maybe they could spin that off into a separate company or something.

• 1Solidarity

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I don't see MS trying to buy something as big as EA. I think their best play is to push more of the play anywhere titles. Xbox and PC sharing the same games is huge.

• 1Solidarity

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So I let my ps+ run out since I wasn't playing any multiplayer games and well the freebies just wasn't worth it. I grabbed a PS4 pro(just waiting on the replacement drive) before i switch it all over from my PS4. Is ps+ tagged to me or the PS4? Wanting to play Monster Hunter World online

spronk

FPS noob
PS+ is tagged to your gamer ID, same on xbox. Be sure however to deactivate your PS4 before you swap systems, each PSN account can only have one PS4 as its primary system and while you can deactivate systems on the internet, you are only allowed to do it like 1 per year or something silly like that whereas just deactivating it before you re-format/whatever is easy

also when you attach your external drive to your existing ps4, you can just copy over all the games to it and when you stick it on the ps4 pro it should just run from the external drive, no need to move it back onto the internal, as long as you login with the same PSN account

• 1Solidarity

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I am replacing the internal drive in the ps4 pro then going to do a mind numbingly long full transfer from the ps4 to pro via ethernet cable. I have a dislike of external drives from back when I ran a music studio when SCSI was a thing.

Fadaar

That guy

spronk

FPS noob
apparently feb PS+ games will include Knack and Rime for PS4. finally, a chance to play the GOAT

f89.gif

edit:

February PS+ lineup:

PS4: Knack, Rime, Grand Kingdom
PSVR: Starblood Arena
PS3: Spelunker HD, Mugen Souls Z
Vita: Exiles End, Grand Kingdom

pretty damn good month, shoulda been Dec really

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I upgraded to a ps4 pro finally and did the system data transfer over from my old one. I am trying to set the old one up in another room for the kids but Sony's users/account system is a goddamn disaster. The way I had it set up when it was just one ps4 was my main account with PSplus etc, and then a player 2 user. It worked fine, although every now and then something stupid would come up like player 2 couldn't access dlc in games during co-op.

So my new pro has the same set up. I hook up the old ps4 in the other room and find out they cant both be on at the same time because it is the same user (my main account). Fine, I set up 2 new users on the kids old ps4 and tell them to use that. That doesn't work, they don't have access to any digital games I bought. I have to set up the OLD ps4 as the primary console now so they can access everything on their new accounts, and my ps pro as a secondary console will have to be online signed in to my account to be able to play on it. If I go offline I lose everything.

That will work though I guess, except now they have NO save data using the new user accounts on the old console. No way to transfer it or use the existing save data from my account. It is almost not even worth having a 2nd ps4 at this point.

To top it all off, sometimes when I turn the ps4 pro on the controller just turns unresponsive on the home screen after a couple of seconds with a light blue light instead of dark blue. Can't do anything until i hit the button on the console to put it in rest mode and then back on. Has yet to happen in a game though, only when it first turns on. I just rebuilt the database and hoping that fixes it.

I have two setup fine. The way I did it was set up kids PS4 as "primary", + created accounts for kids + mine on it. Then just have mine on the PS4 pro. While they can't see the games I've bought I can still log into that PS4 and download the games after which the kids then have access to them. The account holder always has access to the games as well as the primary ps4.

spronk

FPS noob

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Halo Wars 2, NBA 2K17, WWE 2K17, Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition, Rime, Riptide Renegade GP, and Letterquest: Grimm's Journey added to Xbox Game Pass.

Halo Wars 2 is a Play Anywhere title.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Still can't get over how fast a PS4 pro with an ssd is. Not as fast as my PC but easily twice as fast as my PS4 with a hybrid drive in it

• 1Like