The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I'm pretty happy with my Scorpio purchase and my only complaint isn't even gaming related. I wish it had Dolby Vision support for 4k Blu rays and streaming content. Fingers crossed that is something they can patch in and announce it at E3. Funny enough it does support Dolby Atmos but the only game off the top of my head that uses it is the latest Tomb Raider.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah pretty much nothing from media players support Dolby Vision it seems. And definitely not any console -- which sucks. I can completely tell the difference when I run Netflix on my LG OLED in DV over HDR10 on Xbox One. And more and more movies are supporting DV and it reverts to HDR10.

The issue I have is with ARC. It is not very reliable so sending back through to my receiver sometimes works well, and other times I just give up and move to another platform to stream shows. About the only thing I can think of at this point is cable bandwidth, but I just bought (Albeit, they were cheap) some high bandwidth cables but maybe they are crap.

And all those folks can support DV if they wanted too without a hardware revision - they just choose to not pay the licencing fee and HDR10 is free.

spronk

FPS noob
I'm pretty happy with my Scorpio purchase and my only complaint isn't even gaming related. I wish it had Dolby Vision support for 4k Blu rays and streaming content. Fingers crossed that is something they can patch in and announce it at E3. Funny enough it does support Dolby Atmos but the only game off the top of my head that uses it is the latest Tomb Raider.

AC Origins and Gears 4 supports ATMOS, a full list is here. Origins especially is a really great soundtrack and audio immersion.
Games in Dolby

I also bought the atmos processor app that enables it for headphones as well, played it for a bit with Sea of Thieves before I gave up on that game and it was nice.

Too bad most of the big games in the next few weeks are PS4 exclusive - God of War, Yakuza 6, Detroit Become Human, Pro doesn't even support ATMOS.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Is Dolby Atmos really noticable? Been thinking of buying a couple atmos speakers to sit on my center console firing up at the ceiling. Klipsche. Would really like to hear it though to see if I notice a difference.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Is Dolby Atmos really noticable? Been thinking of buying a couple atmos speakers to sit on my center console firing up at the ceiling. Klipsche. Would really like to hear it though to see if I notice a difference.

Can't really say for games but in Dredd, John Wick and especially Blade Runner 2049 it's incredible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Morrowind is now backwards compatible.
07F06015-C384-41D9-B770-EA4C5F087C33.png

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Waiting for my systems to test. Walking out with an Xbox one x for 200. Holy Hannah there are some goofy ass people that come into this place. Some guy here thinks some hobbit 12 piece set (whatever the hell that is) is being ordered and backordered on purpose by people who are part of some group of people who want to piss him off. .. wow the guy just shook the box and said it’s too light and wants a heavier box.

Jesus.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Waiting for my systems to test. Walking out with an Xbox one x for 200. Holy Hannah there are some goofy ass people that come into this place. Some guy here thinks some hobbit 12 piece set (whatever the hell that is) is being ordered and backordered on purpose by people who are part of some group of people who want to piss him off. .. wow the guy just shook the box and said it’s too light and wants a heavier box.

Jesus.
Must be GameStop..

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Must be GameStop..

Yep.

All good so far on the Xbox One X although my gamepass account got glitched so I am working through it with MS Support. I kept the service after the 14 day free trial, was billed for the month, and then it woulnd't recognize I had the service...

Installed RDR. Looks fricken epic. Going to try out some of the other games. Definitely will be the 3rd party machine from now - only problem is most all my friends migrated to PS4. I think I even have some of my old Xbox games - KOTOR, Morrowind, etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
A list of the games coming:

ORIGINAL XBOX GAMES RELEASING ON APRIL 17:
Blinx: The Time Sweeper
Breakdown
Conker: Live & Reloaded
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Hunter: The Reckoning
Jade Empire
Panzer Dragoon Orta
SSX 3​
ORIGINAL XBOX GAMES RELEASING ON APRIL 26:
Destroy All Humans!
Full Spectrum Warrior
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
MX Unleashed
Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory (Europe only)
Star Wars: Battlefront
Star Wars: Battlefront II
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
Star Wars: Republic Commando​

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yep.

All good so far on the Xbox One X although my gamepass account got glitched so I am working through it with MS Support. I kept the service after the 14 day free trial, was billed for the month, and then it woulnd't recognize I had the service...

Installed RDR. Looks fricken epic. Going to try out some of the other games. Definitely will be the 3rd party machine from now - only problem is most all my friends migrated to PS4. I think I even have some of my old Xbox games - KOTOR, Morrowind, etc.

A quite of bit of us on Xbox.

Anyways

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gamestop-increases-ps4-xbox-one-trade-in-values-fo/1100-6457862/

Going to trade in PS4 for pro. Thanks to the X there is no going back. I’m playing god of war in 4k.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ruhl

Boner Donor
If i am not playing in 4K, is trading into a Pro still worth it?

I think so. I still haven't taken the 4k TV plunge yet but it seems the Pro runs the games smoother than my Destiny 1 OG PS4. I'm trying to tell myself that I don't need to trade in my GoW4 2TB Xbox One to the X considering I haven't turned on the One for about 3-4 months :( But $210 is a great trade in deal so resolve is wavering lol

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yes you still get better performance.
And the new supersampling feature that works with all(?) games. Even 1800p checkerboard sampled down to 1080p is still far superior to any other form of antialiasing. Unfortunately I don't think games that use the automatic supersampling have any way to know to turn off their shittier internal AA modes to increase performance.

That said, you're still better off going with 1080p60 in games that offer that on the Pro instead.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
MS finally making AAA moves. They just hired Crystal Dynamics head.

View attachment 164886

If he were somehow able to bring the Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver IP with him to MS and give it the same love the Tomb Raider reboots got I'd be excited. Given the past few years though we will probably get Gex building go karts.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users