The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If MS is actually going to have an exclusive worth giving a single fuck about buying a console for again, could we maybe also have a non-retarded controller?

I mean, sure, MS "exclusives" will all be on Windows anyway and I can just use my DS4, but someday I might be willing to pay $500 to continue never using the Windows App Store.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Guess that's what I'm doing tomorrow. Better start TV shopping too! My Samsung is like 10 years old.

spronk

FPS noob
the "deal" expired 4/22, the base trade value was $240 and you got $50 extra when buying the GOW PS4 Pro. The base trade values on everything dropped today at gamestop sadly, a PS4 Pro now is only $180 (no bonus), an xbox one dropped from $150 to $80, etc.

You can still see which stores have inventory of the console by clicking on View Stores and typing your zip code but again its nowhere near as lucrative as doing it on fri/sat, you got double pro points as well which added another $40 in points
https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-pro-1tb-god-of-war-limited-edition-system/159575

spronk

FPS noob
pretty decent humble bundle for Sony PSN games
Humble Capcom X SEGA PlayStation Bundle (pay what you want and help charity)

$1 - Dead Rising PS4, Dustforce Vita, Crazy Taxi PS3, Super Monkey Ball Vita, Sonic Generations PS3, Binary Domain PS3
$bta - Resident Evil PS4, Mega Man Legacy Collection, Resident Evil Code: Veronica X, Alien Isolation
$15 - Valkyria Chronicles Remastered & Dead Rising 2

Also includes 50% off PSN coupons for Yakuza 0, Dead Rising 4 and 40% off coupons for RE7 Gold and Valkyria Chronicles.

Note that no matter what tier you buy you only get one SINGLE key that covers all 8-12 games, if you already own some of them thats fine you just won't get gift copies or anything. I already had RE and Crazy Taxi but it redeemed the rest to my account. The coupons come up as individual codes.

Requires a US PSN account as well to redeem

spronk

FPS noob
not a big surprise release a david cage game free on PS+ before Detroit Becomes Human hits, i feel bummed now that i bought it and haven't even started it

May PS+ lineup:

PS4: Beyond Two Souls, Rayman Legends
PS3: Risen 3, Titan Lords, Eat Them
Vita: King Oddball, Furmins

Xbox Game Pass (not Gold) coming in May
State of Decay 2
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
Laser League
Overcooked
The Escapists
Homefront: The Revolution
Unmechanical: Extended
Sonic & Knuckles

Last edited:

Vorph

Wonder if we will start to see TVs with FreeSync
Still a couple years away last I heard, and when TVs finally do get adaptive sync they may skip Freesync and just use the one recently added to the HDMI spec. PC monitors that have both freesync and hdr10 are very limited too, so far the only one I've seen worth considering is a 21:9. And nothing bigger than 34" of course.

Vorph

Right, but it's an optional spec. We'll see stuff like eARC and dynamic HDR in a year or so hopefully, but there's no guarantee adaptive sync will ever happen. Basically Sony needs to make it happen, because they are the only ones who can put it in both the consoles and the TVs and make everyone else have to play along. I am not terribly optimistic.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i don't think I saw any HDMI 2.1 variable refresh rate TVs at CES this year (or they were not talked about much) so its still sadly 2-4+ years away from mass market. Even eARC and HDR+ only had a few TVs, I'd expect more out of that in 2020.

Some good deals on eBay today for consoles with coupon code PLAN2SAVE which takes 15% off. You must use the eBay phone app unfortunately not desktop browser. Coupon code ends in 4 hours at 4pm EST / 1pm PST.

PS4Pro with FC5 & GOW3 (not 2018 GOW) for $349
Playstation 4 Pro 1TB console + Far Cry 5 + God of War III Remastered 711719504023 | eBay

Xbox One X Scorpio edition (wat) for $449
Xbox One X 1TB Console - Project Scorpio Edition 889842208474 | eBay

Neon joycon switch for $246
Nintendo Switch with Neon Blue and Neon Red Joy-Con | eBay

Xbox one X with AC Origins for $399
Xbox One X 1TB Console + Assassin's Creed Origins 472000004706 | eBay

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
More BC titles today.

1524761253799.png

Xbox One Backward Compatibility

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I didn’t even know I had these saved up.

I just got like $50 straight credit and tons of shit like $10 world of tanks starter kits, fallout shelter boxes, Forza suit etc

Also spronk spronk is the drivatar based off of level in Forza7 because I’m always neck and neck with your AI for 1st