The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Doesn't matter. Someone that wants to play ez mode on a console with a mouse is only doing it so they can shoot fish in a barrel

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That's some backward-ass logic right there. Mouse came first, it's the default mode. Gamepad is just retard mode with autoaim set to 11 to make up for it.

Play whichever one you want, but dont pretend like you're a badass because you can beat people who are playing with a significant disadvantage.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
I pre ordered a scuf vantage PS4 controller, and its a total piece of shit. do not buy, waste of $200. gonna probably return mine if I can. It won't turn my PS4 Pro on, I have to use my goddamn DS4 to turn it on, then login with the scuf. Great. It works for some people, but not for a lot of others. Almost everyone reports it loses the custom paddle reconfig, so every time you turn on you have to reset what you want the paddles to do. There can be extra input lag if you are using it over bluetooth (I keep mine wired and it seems fine). Headphones plugged into the controller jack only work over wired, not bluetooth. Lastly, there is currently no firmware update mechanism so even if they fix some of this stuff its unclear how it would get rolled out.

It also feels a bit cheap compared to the xbox elite controller, like everything is just plastic-y and cheap which is totally unacceptable for a $200 controller, $50 more than the xbox elite

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I complained about it having the stupid xbox layout when it was first announced, but hearing about how shoddy the whole thing is now I'm glad they went with retarded design since there's a good chance I would have bought one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for taking one for the team spronk spronk I was wanting one to give it a try but now don't have to. Hopefully you can return it.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i returned my scuf today no problem, one advantage of buying and trading in a lot at gamestop is they will be nicer than some rando internet website. $15 kontrolfreek caps on my DS4 are just as good

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thing looks like an xbox controller. I can't believe anyone would spend $200 on that
Why wouldn't a PS4 owner want an Xbox controller, they are clearly superior. Though it is cheaper to just buy a $35 adapter and use a normal Xbox controller.

• 2OK, Sure
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The normal Xbox One Controller sucks compared to a DS4 or the old 360 controller :)

• 1Solidarity

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The normal Xbox One Controller sucks compared to a DS4 or the old 360 controller :)
If you have small hands, I suppose. Comes down to personal preference. The DS4 just doesn't feel as good as the Xb1 controller, I even bought a Nacon Revolution for my PS4 (its nice, but triggers are super stiff) before I learned of the adapters you can get to allow the Xb1 to work on PS4.

spronk

FPS noob
interesting X vs PS4 Pro comparison for AC odyssey

tl;dr:

• Dynamic 4k
  • XB1X's lowest dynamic resolution is higher than the PS4 Pro's highest dynamic resolution.
  • PS4 Pro max: 2816x1584
  • PS4 Pro min: 2227x1242
  • PS4 Pro Average: 2560x1440
  • XB1X max: 3840x2160 (native 4k)
  • XB1X min: 2944x1656
  • XB1X average: 3072x1728
  • XB1X a 76% increase in output pixels vs PS4 Pro in opening battle, 44% on average.
  • XB1X has better draw distances and shadows.
  • XB1X has improved Ambient Occlusion
  • Framerate is a fairly solid 30fps on both Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, but can be inconsistent.
Xbox One X is basically the better version between the two, of course I'm sure PC is even better depending on your rig.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If you have small hands, I suppose. Comes down to personal preference. The DS4 just doesn't feel as good as the Xb1 controller, I even bought a Nacon Revolution for my PS4 (its nice, but triggers are super stiff) before I learned of the adapters you can get to allow the Xb1 to work on PS4.
What the fuck are you talking about? They're virtually the same size, coming within millimeters. The Xbox controller is just heavier and not natively rechargeable.

I like the triggers on the xbox controller more especially for games requiring subtle throttle, but I like the hand grip on the ds4 which allows for easier gaming and stick control. Buttons and sticks otherwise feel the same to me.

Screenshot_20181006-022849_Chrome.jpg

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
ps4 BC should be a no brainer, but its kinda weird they'd also shoot for PS1-PS3. rumblings are starting to come out about the PS5, sounds like it might get announced at either E3 2019 or PSX 2019 for a 2020 release date, and spec wise it should be pretty crazy.

Be interesting to see who wants to get out first, xbox or Sony

• 1Like