The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Fucking right on both! Fucking fuck you awesome fuckers!

(Went to see air supply last night and still nursing a hang over in the hotel. Fucking awesome fucking concert. They fucking rocked.)

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah usually Black Friday and holidays you will see year memberships around 35-40

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I assumed BF would be the answer, but I was hoping there was some decent grey market or cross-region source that people used. A BF sale is probably going to knock it down to $50 Canadian which is still more than I want to spend on it.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I assumed BF would be the answer, but I was hoping there was some decent grey market or cross-region source that people used. A BF sale is probably going to knock it down to $50 Canadian which is still more than I want to spend on it.

I've heard that some vendors do flash sales on them, but usually sold out pretty quickly. Black friday month is when my PS+ runs out, so it works out for me grab the codes the same month, and be done for a year..(if I grab 2 second one goes to my brother.)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Last November both Gamestop and Amazon had $40 deals. This was like the first week of the month, not BF. IIRC the BF deals were more like $50.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Last November both Gamestop and Amazon had $40 deals. This was like the first week of the month, not BF. IIRC the BF deals were more like $50.
ORDER PLACED November 26, 2017
TOTAL $39.99
1 Year PlayStation Plus Membership - PS3/ PS4/ PS Vita [Digital Code]
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
======
Maybe they opened the deal up early but it was definitely available for Black Friday.

spronk

FPS noob

i wouldn't buy PSN/xbox/steam credit or GWG/PS+ extensions from shady places, sometimes they are bought with stolen credit cards and when the chargebacks occur Sony/Microsoft/Valve will ban YOUR account since you are the "end point" of the fraud. Saving $10 to me isn't worth risking losing all your digital games.

Also should enable 2FA on your gaming accounts, and don't tie credit card/paypal to them but just buy wallet cards from amazon/gamestop/best buy/etc so in case your account is hacked you don't have to deal with a lot of extra headaches.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
May have been said but I had to force an update on my Xbox one X to download the latest software released on 10-11. Dolby vision is now supported through Netflix and will offer a much better HDR experience. Going to check it out now. :)

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok all set up. Looks fantastic. Note that with DV if you have it supported, it will most likely send you to another display set up so you may have to do some tweaking.

Also, try setting color bit to 12. Disable 4:2:2 and see if you still get a signal. You will need high bandwidth (18gb) hdmi cabling on all device pass throughs. If you do, use that as it will default to 4:4:4 chroma. Ycc 4:2:2 is an encoder which you can and will lose some color depth in compression loss. Reason why some people need that is their cabling might only support 10.2gb bandwidth. 4:4:4 at 4k30 12 bit pushes 13 or so gb so you will need the higher bandwidth cables. If your display goes funky, revert to 10 bit ycc 4:2:2.

(Above is for Xbox one X with a tv that supports DV and also if your receiver supports DV pass through).

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I’m partially colorblind and can’t tell the difference really between 1080 and 900 so while that’s huge for some I guess it’s not for me.

And there’s a bunch of pros for sale around me at local game stores for $275 so if I did it it would be that way.

Just on the fence about it for now I guess.
My PS4 Pro was a refurbed unit from Gamestop for $269. Managed to snag a white one because white power. But it works flawlessly, and whatever noise folks are talking about I've literally never noticed while I'm sensitive to fan noise from decades of mastering a silent PC experience. It's just fucking annoying I couldn't find a second official white DS4 controller. It looks amazing in 4K HDR. The only pain point I have is the 30-45m it takes to install a new game on the stock hard drive, and seems stupid I'd have to spend as much as I did for the console on a proper drive (though I did spend $400 on an m2 for my PC, but I use that shit 24/7).

Nola

Trakanon Raider
My backlog of PS4 games is getting out of control. I still have God of war, Dragon quest 11, Witcher 3, final fantasy 15 to beat with Horizon: Zero Dawn and Mass Effect Andromeda still unopened. I guess I'll finish up God of war cause Red Dead Redemption 2 is right around the corner and that's gonna suck up all my gaming playtime for a while.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well you can take mass effect andromeda and burn it and comfortably know that’s one less game in the back log. :)

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Well you can take mass effect andromeda and burn it and comfortably know that’s one less game in the back log. :)
Taking the words out of my mouth. I wish I could get those hours back. It looks and starts amazing, but then it's just meh all the way through.

• 1Like