The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
FF 15 is a turd, too.
FF is its own thing. I can't comment for or against it, only that I didn't even bother buying it. Square seems technologically stuck in a rut that's 20 years old with new rendering engines. Personally, I haven't been able to take FF serious since I heard the line "mom's are tough".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Taxicab confession. I liked FF15 and it’s the only one I played to completion. :(

• 2Potato
  • 2Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean hell I even played FF13 to completion but never touched it again. 15 wasn't THAT bad.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
My PS4 Pro was a refurbed unit from Gamestop for $269. Managed to snag a white one because white power. But it works flawlessly, and whatever noise folks are talking about I've literally never noticed while I'm sensitive to fan noise from decades of mastering a silent PC experience. It's just fucking annoying I couldn't find a second official white DS4 controller. It looks amazing in 4K HDR. The only pain point I have is the 30-45m it takes to install a new game on the stock hard drive, and seems stupid I'd have to spend as much as I did for the console on a proper drive (though I did spend $400 on an m2 for my PC, but I use that shit 24/7).

used white DS4s on Amazon for $34 from affiliate sellers, $39 from Amazon. $48 for a brand new.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Final Fantasy IIIIIIIIIIIIIII derail!?!

ff8.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Fucking right on both! Fucking fuck you awesome fuckers!

(Went to see air supply last night and still nursing a hang over in the hotel. Fucking awesome fucking concert. They fucking rocked.)

Ut I love your unabashed love for 80s cheese. Salute.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Microsoft is Finally Testing Keyboard and Mouse Support for Xbox One - Thurrott.com

“Xbox One Preview Alpha Ring members will begin receiving the first 1811 Xbox One system update,”m Microsoft’s Bradley Rossetti announced. “We are bringing keyboard and mouse support to Xbox One! With this new input support at the platform level, developers can now build mouse and keyboard support in their games if and how they choose. It’s important to note that mouse and keyboard support for games is added on a title-by-title basis, entirely at developers’ discretion.”​
That 1811 bit—for November 2018—means that keyboard and mouse support will be coming to Xbox One quickly, and won’t be relegated to the next major update, scheduled for early 2019. So that’s good news. And we also know which title will be the first to get this support: Warframe.​

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I hate you guys, I’m spending money I shouldn’t be at all. Lol.

After three days of thinking I started looking at 4K TVs (shakes fist at all of you) to go along with the PS Pro I also had zero intention of buying b fire all this started too. (Glare)

I’m not getting any top of the line shit, prob a cheap 50inch for $300 from Walmart. But my question...is there a difference with 4K and UHD 4K?

And if so, coming from never watched anything on a 4K before whenever I buy this one...if one is more expensive than the other, do I really need it?

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

After three days of thinking I started looking at 4K TVs (shakes fist at all of you) to go along with the PS Pro I also had zero intention of buying b fire all this started too. (Glare)

I’m not getting any top of the line shit, prob a cheap 50inch for $300 from Walmart. But my question...is there a difference with 4K and UHD 4K?

And if so, coming from never watched anything on a 4K before whenever I buy this one...if one is more expensive than the other, do I really need it?
4K is UHD. I'd need model numbers to give you an honest comparison between two different models, but yes, generally speaking, a more expensive model is better. But how much better varies wildly.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

UHD is just another way of saying 4k

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Also, not to add onto the burden of spending more than you want, but you'll want to at least consider HDR in your purchasing decision or you'll likely find yourself kicking yourself in the butt for not having a TV that can handle it due to the good games that benefit from 4k also tend to have HDR features

• 1Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Also, not to add onto the burden of spending more than you want, but you'll want to at least consider HDR in your purchasing decision or you'll likely find yourself kicking yourself in the butt for not having a TV that can handle it due to the good games that benefit from 4k also tend to have HDR features

Explain

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Start here: HDR vs SDR: Is it worth upgrading to a new TV? to journey down the rabbit hole and then hit up google/youtube for more info.

Just note that it's something you can't appreciate without seeing it in-person (can't be duplicated on a normal screen. looking at pics/watching videos doesn't work) and that there are problems with lower end TV's saying they can do HDR, but really can't, and can only accept the signals. If you have the option to go visit a best-buy or something, ask them to show you what HDR is all about as I'm sure they must have some sort of demo setups available.

If I had to choose between good HDR and 4k, I'd take HDR without hesitation. And you really can't get HDR without it also being a 4K just due to convergence of tech/price brackets.

A PS4 pro isn't needed for HDR, just 4k, but as I said: Since you're aiming for a pro anyways for the 4k, you might as well go for HDR at the same time. I doubt you'll find decent HDR at the price you're aiming for with the TV though.

Really, the only definitive bit of advice I can give you is to not rush into this purchasing binge without doing some basic research first.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can attest to this Tarrant Tarrant !!

I have a full blown bad ass TV, but only a regular PS4. Kinda backwards, but whatever. Even on a regular Ps4, HDR kicks on for games like HZD, and it looks fucking GORGEOUS!! Like DAMN, how is this coming from a old school piece of junk Ps4. It's so amazing.

Bottom line, don't skip HDR!