The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
spreadsheet of video game deals on black friday (to date). don't really see anything to get me out of the house. Kingdom Come for $20 at best buy is ok i guess, as is all the various AC Odyssey for $30. If you want a new console some good deals too

(unlinked cuz the forum tries to embed it)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XJZgxzp5LGxVyp0RrR60Gf0oNmoUWBjX59R0dSyv6QU/htmlview?sle=true#

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Original Crackdown (BC, One X Enhanced) is free on Live

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
another spreadsheet of video game deals on black friday
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e8sHo62S-hole7c4uMFq_TReuNhdsCK5vDfqCGGdZ_w/edit#gid=1024429262

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
gamepass is 50% off for six months, $30
Buy Xbox Game Pass - Microsoft Store

if you don't have gamepass at all the 1 month version (on same page, just click the button) seems to be $1. totally worth it for $1, you can just play forza horizon 4 for 2 weeks, be done with the game, and thats fantastic for $1

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Gonna try to get god of war on Black Friday I guess since my wife will be out. Not much else I even want to to get

Soygen Soygen my launch PS4 sounds like a. Airplane taking off

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm surprised they lasted this long due to being able to just google any info one might want. Sucks for those that likes to collect them though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
A lot of the websites were just using the Prima guide info and putting it on a wiki so it makes sense they'd be losing money, but also means it'll be harder to get good wikis early on.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's not like guides will cease to exist, Piggyback is just going to need to ramp up their ability to produce a lot more than they do now. One one hand that could be a good thing since Piggyback guides have always been far better quality than Prima but the downside is that Prima was finally starting to adapt to the e-book market and so far Piggyback seems to have very little interest in that at all.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Damn MS has 80% of Black Isle studio devs now and Chris looking friendly with Fargo on twitter.

Inexile and Obsidian belong to MS studios now.

Utnayan Utnayan they are finally making moves

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Doesn't really help them "now" though, that's like future planning which is odd because they even delayed the announcement.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
2018 - The year I gave up PC for console....

At least that's how it feels. The itch started with TLoU a few years back, and then it just went from there. Mind you I haven't given up PC, but without an MMO to keep bringing me back, I might as well play on console.

I do wonder if the LG OLED upgrade has anything to do with it. You get a screen upgrade like that and it's gonna be a pretty big draw to play console over PC.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The only thing I play on PC now are MMO like Guild Wars and FF14, and Overwatch which I still do on PC. Everything else I do on the PS4.

Nice comfortable recliner chair and 55" LG Oled beats comfortable computer chair and 27" monitor.

Chair and big tv aside, there's something I find more relaxing about being in the living room than in office at the computer. Might just be some psychological aspect that living room is more about rest and entertainment and office is more about work.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
My OLED is hooked up in my office to my PC (1080ti) and all my consoles but I still tend to prefer newer games on console, most PC games don't let you set the active monitor so flipping from my gSync to OLED isn't fun. Once I hit the holy grail of gSync, HDR, and 1440p/4k on a monitor thats under $2k though I may reconsider. You are definitely faster gaming on a PC. However, when I play stuff like black ops or destiny 2 I don't have to worry about cheaters on ps4.

Anyways Sony's black friday deals revealed, no real surprises. No PS4 Pro sale, just PSVR @ $199 and PS4 w/ spidey @ $199
PlayStation’s Black Friday Week 2018 Deals Revealed

Also the Taco Bell "win an xbox" thing is open to everyone now for like 10 days
https://winxbox.com/amoe

also sunset overdrive coming to PC, $20 with all DLC. not sure if its gonna be windows store, gamepass, or also on steam

Last edited:
  • 1Like