The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
weekend PSN flash sale everything $10 or less
Flash Sale!

one good tip for the PSN webstore: just add everything you may ever want to your Wish list, then every time there is a sale go into your wish list and see if there is anything you may wanna play.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gator

Molten Core Raider
one good tip for the PSN webstore: just add everything you may ever want to your Wish list, then every time there is a sale go into your wish list and see if there is anything you may wanna play.
That's what I've been doing. Another tip would be to add the deluxe versions of the games also. I just bought FC:New Dawn last sale and found that the deluxe version was cheaper than the regular version.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Sony sees Microsoft as its main competitor in the next generation, with Google a potential threat in the mid- to long-term as internet technology advances, one company official said.Nintendo Co. isn’t perceived as a major rival, the person said, because its main users tend to be younger than PlayStation’s core demographic.

PlayStation has been one of the most successful mass-market products of the past quarter-century; the PlayStation 4 alone is expected to pass 100 million units this year. Sony’s latest thinking puts less stress on overall sales numbers and more on the most-profitable segment of the market: the devoted fans who buy big-budget titles, such as Bethesda Softworks LLC’s “Fallout” series and Take-Two Interactive Software Inc.’s “Red Dead Redemption.”

A second Sony official said the company believes people buy a videogame console to play graphics-heavy games.

Sony is concentrating its attention on large software publishers as it gets ready for the next PlayStation, according to executives at Sony and software makers. In general, publishers want their games on multiple platforms to maximize sales, while console makers look to make deals for exclusive content or an initial period of exclusive sales.

Some executives at smaller game makers say they have felt snubbed by Sony, in contrast to Nintendo. At the Tokyo Game Show in September, Nintendo is supporting events to showcase independent game developers. Sony used to do the same, but isn’t planning to this year, the first Sony official said.

Sony still welcomes games from independent studios, the first Sony official said, but the emphasis is on strengthening relationships with large publishers since resources are limited. The thinking is, the official said, that people buy a console to play high-quality games available only on that platform, not smaller games also available on smartphones.

interesting that sony feels from the PS4 the focus should be on AAA and ignore indies. I sorta agree, I don't really buy many indies on my PS4 and will buy the big ones on PC or switch. Microsoft's strategy seems to be a bit muddled, just sorta "hey mannnnn....we're whatever you want us to be....."

spronk

FPS noob
D-PNgdVUIAAeSKl.jpg

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
fucking PS+ sux what is this soccer shit

Pretty pissed about this year in general. It's my first year ever signing up for PS+, started with holiday sales in December. And almost all the games they've released via PS+ this year have been worthless.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I've been eyeing that Polymega for a long time, and Stadia is gonna just fall flat on it's face.

• 1Like

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
That looks sexy as fuck. I've been thinking of how to get my PS2, SNES, and maybe even Atari VCS 2600 hooked up to a modern flatscreen and while adapters are a thing, it might just straight up suck dick.

On a sidenote, moved the PS4 from the living room to my gaming room so it collects less dust.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
PS+ has been pretty much garbage for years now. I feel like PS3 era PS+ had way more triple A releases and just games people wanted. I used to at least make sure I "bought" each game on PS+ each month, but now I don't even bother getting the license for most of the games.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The only way PS+ would really be worth it if you don't need it for a lot of multiplayer, is if you kept the games. What I got out of the $50 I spent on it the one year was a playthrough of Stories: Path of whatever, as I wasn't interested in playing the other games at the time.

I could have bought 3 months of humble monthly, or 3-4 full humble bundles for the same price and always have access to the games.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Sony is updating the July PS+ offerings. Instead of PES 2019, they will be including Detroit: Become Human Digital Deluxe Edition (which also includes Heavy Rain)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Well that's nice I guess. I would have tried the soccer thing too, used to play a soccer game on Sega Mega Drive with a friend back in the days. Not going to complain though, Detroit: Become Human is a good game they say.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Detroit is a great game, will do a 2nd play through now that it’s free. See how bad I can make this run for the poor robits.

There has been great games in 2019

Hitman season 1
The surge
Call of duty modern warfare remastered
Boarderlands collection
Edith Fitch
The witness
And now Detroit

Not the best year but some very good games you should play if you paid for the service.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
With EA access can you play all the new sports games when they come out? Or do you get stuck with last years versions?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
With EA access can you play all the new sports games when they come out? Or do you get stuck with last years versions?

From my understanding, you get a 10 hour trial. Last season (And previous seasons) are all on there though.

Good for these sports games since nothing changes anyhow.