The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Good lineup.

It’s good to have heathy competition. I noticed PS+ has been utter dogshit until recently. Probably have Xbox to thank for their good deals lately.

I was going to hold out for a PS5 but may snag a Pro for Last of us 2.

spronk

FPS noob
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
PSNow feeling that gamepass heat, price has now dropped to $10/mo or $60/yr

still prefer gamepass on xbox and owning games on PS4 vs PSNow but competition is good

If you could download all those titles it would destroy Gamepass. Unfortunately you can only download a select few and literally "Stream" the others. (Still, 300 game downloads is pretty sick)

Decent deal though for a shit ton of games.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
And that's on console, PC is 100% streaming. The back catalog is nice, but that's all it really is. Will probably finally get to try God of War at some point with it though, if they start putting first party titles on there sooner than a year and a half after release it may compare better to Game Pass.

Maybe Stadia and xCloud may change some habits to be more conducive w/ a service like they're offering too.

IMO, like cross-buy and cross-play, PS Now is going to be another service Sony failed to capitalize on only to watch others come along and be much more successful with the concept / service.

In the end though, price is right, that's a great move in itself.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
so RE: PSNow

If I can't finish my playthrough of inFamous Second Son in time, it's just... gone?

Not sure if I like.

On the other hand, hundreds of games are available "forever"?

spronk

FPS noob
Forever is relative, if its Sony first party its forever but Ubisoft and a few other companies have pulled games from PSNow as they built competing services

in other news, PS5 and Xbox2 rumors
1. PS5 devkit is named Prospero. He provided images earlier this year before anyone had seen the now leaked images.
2. PS5 and Scarlett will both use different techniques and approaches to Ray Tracing. He left cryptic hints which the site refused to print.
3. Xbox Scarlet kit has a huge emphasis on Camera. The current camera is capable of 4K with a 2ms lag! There are demos of Snapchat like lighting changes. Meanwhile, PS5 uses older camera tech.
4. He says both consoles will have the largest compute jump of any generation.

Kinect, round 3!

Also Shawn Layden resigned from Sony this week, lot of rumors flying around that things aren't going well at Sony publishing with a lot of confusion on marketing and messaging and devs saying the PS5 stuff is going a lot rougher than PS4 around same time before release. I hope its just scuttlebutt and not true, Sony killed it this generation with PS4 and it would be weird if they shot themselves in the foot before its even out.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Cross-play is 'out of beta' and developers can now use it as they wish in their games on PS4.

Finally. Now I don't have to buy an xbox to play some of these shit games, with my shit tier friends who can't buy a computer like an adult (they are very much adults, by age at least..).

spronk

FPS noob
official Sony PS5 press release
Since we originally unveiled our next-generation console in April, we know that there’s been a lot of excitement and interest in hearing more about what the future of games will bring. Today I’m proud to share that our next-generation console will be called PlayStation 5, and we’ll be launching in time for Holiday 2020.

To that end, there are two key innovations with the PlayStation 5’s new controller. First, we’re adopting haptic feedback to replace the “rumble” technology found in controllers since the 5th generation of consoles. With haptics, you truly feel a broader range of feedback, so crashing into a wall in a race car feels much different than making a tackle on the football field. You can even get a sense for a variety of textures when running through fields of grass or plodding through mud.

The second innovation is something we call adaptive triggers, which have been incorporated into the trigger buttons (L2/R2). Developers can program the resistance of the triggers so that you feel the tactile sensation of drawing a bow and arrow or accelerating an off-road vehicle through rocky terrain. In combination with the haptics, this can produce a powerful experience that better simulates various actions. Game creators have started to receive early versions of the new controller, and we can’t wait to see where their imagination goes with these new features at their disposal.

Doom Eternal also pushed back from Nov 2019 to March 20, 2020

also a PSVR game sale later today

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure I'll just shut off "haptics" immediately same as I do rumble now. The only thing that shit is good at is draining the DS4's battery much faster than with it off.

The trigger thing sounds interesting, but probably will wind up just another gimmick.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Im happy it is not digital only. Dont care at all about the haptics either. I do like that they mentioned you can install or delete parts of games like multiplayer or campaigns and jump directly into those modes from home screen.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
Japanese magazine Famitsu confirmed on its official website that the PlayStation 5 CPU will be an x86-64-AMD Ryzen “Zen2”, 8 cores / 16 threads CPU. Sounds like R7 based too
  • Custom SSD for ultra-high speed access
  • AMD custom chip -CPU: x86-64-AMD Ryzen ™ “Zen2”, 8 cores / 16 threads
  • GPU: AMD Radeon ™ RDNA (Radeon DNA) -based graphics engine
  • 3D audio processing unit
  • Up to 8K resolution output for games
  • Designed for compatibility with PlayStation®4 titles
  • PlayStation®VR compatible
  • Ultra HD Blu-ray
  • Capacity as a game disc is 100GB
Also Sony patents new PSVR hardware design, looks wireless too?

EGb0pr0XYAELMp3.jpg:large

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
PS4's newest update added remote play for all Android devices instead of just Sony ones. Works pretty well on my Pixel 2 XL.

Surprised I found out about it myself by reading the patch notes, seems like it should be kind of a big deal to a lot of people?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
PS4's newest update added remote play for all Android devices instead of just Sony ones. Works pretty well on my Pixel 2 XL.

Surprised I found out about it myself by reading the patch notes, seems like it should be kind of a big deal to a lot of people?

Ah thank God, now I can really show my boss what "lack of productivity" looks like!

• 1Worf