The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
This kinda lines up with what people were saying about how the next gen consoles were going to have powerful specs. I guess a tower design is the most heat efficient design for Xbox to use.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Holy terrible name batman... Wii U taught you nothing?

X Box Series X not to be confused with Xbox One X.... what the hell? Love the design though... and hopefully they go back to the Brick power supply to further keep heat away. I absolutely hate that about my Pro and know that's a major reason why the damn thing runs so high all the time (Fans)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Holy terrible name batman... Wii U taught you nothing?

X Box Series X not to be confused with Xbox One X.... what the hell? Love the design though... and hopefully they go back to the Brick power supply to further keep heat away. I absolutely hate that about my Pro and know that's a major reason why the damn thing runs so high all the time (Fans)

I'm expecting a pc style power supply in the box

• 1Worf

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm expecting a pc style power supply in the box

Which in theory would be fine... and definitely this chassis is much better equipped to handle that than the classic console design for sure, but why take the chance? They have fought endlessly against overheating since the 360 gen. I know it's a big ass brick but make the cables long enough that it can be placed easily on the floor or lower area near the outlet and it should be good.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1576245111494.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well the (Direct)Xbox was always supposed to be a showcase of Microsoft PCs as a standardized gaming platform. This just seems to be bringing the two even closer together. Wouldn't it be nice if you had a suitably powerful PC and could just run the Xbox OS?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Which in theory would be fine... and definitely this chassis is much better equipped to handle that than the classic console design for sure, but why take the chance? They have fought endlessly against overheating since the 360 gen. I know it's a big ass brick but make the cables long enough that it can be placed easily on the floor or lower area near the outlet and it should be good.

Looking at the case closer, I see that they've skipped having venting on the sides of the case (unless there's some on the hidden side) which means they'll be relying on the cooling to be exclusively through the top (presumably there will be a 120mm or 140mm fan up there) which means a power supply at the top as the highest component would not contribute much heat at all to the rest of the components. If they have it at the bottom though, it certainly would.

I know a lot of people really hate external power bricks, and I won't be surprise if considerations for them don't win out in the design process.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Right and I'm a function over form. Like a lot of people on NeoGaf are bitching about the "boring" design. Look it's gonna suck air in the bottom and push it out the top, dragging the CPU/GPU heat with it. I think it's a brilliant design and since I'm a Sony guy, I hope Sony follows suit in a similar fashion as heat is a real issue with the modern consoles.

• 2Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah, I'm a fan of the design too. It's something you could put next to a TV and it would blend in like a subwoofer or one of those vertical smart-voice devices do.

I notice there's no visible I/O on the picture, so I'll bet the back of it has it there, potentially along with some extra venting or intake.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
That entire forum fucks Waifu pillows.

Since most of the faggots left for ResetEra it is much better now and I actually go there for gaming news since our gaming section moves at a snails pace outside of one or two threads and the fuck SJWs thread.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I like it's look alright, it's not ugly. It's height might be a downside for my main TV stand and need to be on it's side.

spronk

FPS noob
nice thing it'll be forwards and backwards compatible with accessories. Xbox one controllers will work fine with it, and the XSEX controllers will work with xbox one's.

• 12TF GPU
  • pushing to be "the most powerful console"
  • 4x CPU speed of X1X
  • Designed to be as quiet/quieter than X1X
  • Dedicated share button on controller
  • Can pause/resume multiple games simultaneously
  • Full backwards compatibility

Still a pretty boring ass way to announce a console. I guess they plan to overwhelm E3 this year with games games games, they have 15 studios working on games and have been for a while so I'd expect 10-20 games at least for the XSEX launch.

It is a dumb name but it probably won't be too confusing, they'll clear out inventory in summer and probably require retailers to only have two versions at launch: the low end digital console, equivalent to the current X, and the XSEX. Everything else will get clearanced out, they've already started with gamestop having X bundles today for $349 with 2-3 games plus a $50 GS gc.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So why would you buy a new Xbox if you already have a gaming pc? Any compelling reason? Can't I play all of the XBOX games on my pc?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
and hopefully they go back to the Brick power supply to further keep heat away. I absolutely hate that about my Pro and know that's a major reason why the damn thing runs so high all the time (Fans)
The brick power supply for the 360 is the loudest thing I've ever had in my gaming setup. (I know, there's something wrong with it, but that was an extremely common problem for both OG and Slim 360's.)

Personally I think the Series X looks retarded and wouldn't fit where I would want to put it if I ever did buy one. Thankfully there's no need to ever consider buying one when you have a top end PC. I also can't see Sony trying to make something weird that won't fit on a shelf that normal people have been using forever.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So why would you buy a new Xbox if you already have a gaming pc? Any compelling reason? Can't I play all of the XBOX games on my pc?
As someone who owns a XB1X and a high-end gaming PC, there is literally no reason to own the Xbox. Ok, I do watch 4k Blurays on it.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Sure if you already have a gaming PC then get the PC gamepass. I just like a mixture of PC and console. Many people I know that own a PC and play EQ can't even play 2016 single players on their PC.