The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The brick power supply for the 360 is the loudest thing I've ever had in my gaming setup. (I know, there's something wrong with it, but that was an extremely common problem for both OG and Slim 360's.)

Personally I think the Series X looks retarded and wouldn't fit where I would want to put it if I ever did buy one. Thankfully there's no need to ever consider buying one when you have a top end PC. I also can't see Sony trying to make something weird that won't fit on a shelf that normal people have been using forever.

Yeah I'm function over form and I love it. HDMI cables are long enough that you can run it somewhere else in the room. And honestly I get the high end PC but this thing will be all nice and neat and in a convenient and cheaper in comparison. I dunno I like it. Although I won't be buyiing it because I'll be getting a PS5 but I do hope they do something similar. Or in other words there is a reason why gaming PCs don't have this same form factor....

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The issue with that top is that dust is going to be a big issue when it's turned off. The fan can be kept at low RPM while active to keep it out.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Insane how the Kinect is still used for security and Santa 🎅 photos.

1576255820831.jpeg

Randin

Trakanon Raider
So why would you buy a new Xbox if you already have a gaming pc? Any compelling reason? Can't I play all of the XBOX games on my pc?
Yep. If you want the ability to play everything for the fewest number of machines, then the logical thing to do is buy everything *except* the Xbox, and play the Microsoft games on the PC.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
So why would you buy a new Xbox if you already have a gaming pc? Any compelling reason? Can't I play all of the XBOX games on my pc?

my kids are all grown up and out of the house now and my wife works, sometimes i'll play forza co-op by myself by running the game on my X on a second account (TV) and on PC on my main account and I can race myself. Its let me do a ton of exploits that require 2 people

thats pretty much the only reason to keep buying an xbox with a good gaming PC

more seriously for the first 2-3 years the games will run great on an X, better than what may be the equivalent PC gaming card since it gets optimized so well for consoles. Past year 2 or 3 the PC really starts getting much better. Gamepass still isn't at full parity either, with some games still on xbox only and not on PC. That should hopefully be a lot better by end of 2020.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
For me, it's for games that aren't on PC. Game Pass isn't the same on PC and Xbox, I have a digital library that I regularly tinker with, lately it's been NHL (via EA Access vault). The more things become (console)/PC though, the closer I'll be to not buying a console at all. Madden on PC has been the biggest defection pushing me to opt out of consoles.

I expect this habit will be leaned into a bit, the X will probably do some things to improve streaming both from the console and from xCloud.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I'm curious what this will do to PC gaming. If the series X is pushing 12 Tflops isn't that what current PCs are pushing? Will PC video cards be pushing 16 to 20 in the next year when this releases? Will this push Invidia to put out some crazy video card since the Series X will have AMD hardware?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
A 2080ti is 13ish Tflops. So AMD putting out a GPU doing 12 Tflops for consoles seems good? AMDs highest end PC GPU is like under 10 Tflops I think

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It won't do anything to pc gaming. I wouldn't rely on those numbers, as that's better than a 2080 which costs more than the entire console will

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My RX 5700 XT is about 10.2 tflops, that's amd's current top of the line. The thing is, 14 tflops on gcn (ps5/xsex) architecture is equal to about 9.2 on rdna (current) so it's not an apples to apples comparison when you talk next gen console vs today's pc. PS5 rumor is that 14 number, which equates to about a 2070 super once you account for arch. differences.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'm confused at the whole "put it next to the TV" angle. Like, this thing can't possibly fit in an entertainment center vertically. So you turn it on it's side and it's a big ugly box that still barely fits in your entertainment center while venting straight into the side panels of said entertainment center.

Next to the subwoofer? On the ground? Huh?

spronk

FPS noob

Pj8XyI4.png

you can never fully compare PC and consoles, consoles are using unified memory and have a lot less OS overhead blah blah blah but it gives you decent ways to compare gens. SEX is basically (at least) 2x the perf of X, which is decent but also kinda not that impressive in some ways. Time will tell.

we went from 240 gflops to 1.1 tflops from 360 to Xbox One to 6 tflops on X, so that was a 5-6x jump in power, twice, between the 360 and X. Going double after that is ... meh

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Doesn't matter if Microsoft just sells PC's as Xbox systems now, Playstation will always have better exclusives.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
big battlefront 2 patch dropped today. Its a pretty fun game to play in spurts and should be cheap if you don't own it. not sure what the new celebration DLC dlc is, i think it just pre buys some skins for you that you can earn (albeit takes forever)

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
big battlefront 2 patch dropped today. Its a pretty fun game to play in spurts and should be cheap if you don't own it. not sure what the new celebration DLC dlc is, i think it just pre buys some skins for you that you can earn (albeit takes forever)

the celebration pack gives you everything. You just have to level up your guys.

spronk

FPS noob
Sony announces a back button thing for PS4 dual shock controllers, this will probably be built into PS5 controllers and this is a way to get DS4's backwards compatible if you so choose

Also free Goose Game theme on PS4 (game is free with gamepass now)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users