The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm loving everything about Microsoft's lead in to the XBox SeX release. Sony just looks more and more like shit. I will get a PS5 but I am way more likely to buy the XBox SeX first at this point. Sony needs to step it up

joz123

Potato del Grande
I'm loving everything about Microsoft's lead in to the XBox SeX release. Sony just looks more and more like shit. I will get a PS5 but I am way more likely to buy the XBox SeX first at this point. Sony needs to step it up
What looks like shit exactly? You will be able to play your PS4 games on it and it will still have better exclusive games.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
If you are talking about what meStevo posted, that sounds an awful lot like marketing gimmicks. It’s not going to make 360 games not look like shit or xbone games look suddenly better

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I’ve never had luck preordering a new console online before preorders are sold out and have always had to resort to waiting a few months or going in store to try and snag one on release day. Is there an app or page to follow that would tell me the instant ps5 is available for preorder on Amazon?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You could try Stock Informer with push or Discord notifications set up for PS5/XSEX. They do emails too, but unless you're extremely obsessive about checking it that's probably way too slow.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Whenever they do their next big showcase just assume preorders are going live. I did that for PS4 and got it day 1 through amazon

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I suspect this will be more like trying to get a Wii or Switch on release day. PS4 and Xbone were comparatively easy.

spronk

FPS noob
I'd stick to amazon or best buy or direct from Sony/Microsoft for next gen, I wouldn't trust Walmart.com, Target, or Gamestop

PS5 will probably be the hard one to snag, they have been pretty cagey with numbers and have already confirmed less PS5's will ship in the first 3 months than the PS4.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dissolved my passed father in law's household. Phat Lewtz were obtained

1593341477554.png

1593341497182.png

• 13Like
Reactions: 12 users

Szlia

These cardboard boxes look in pretty good shape too. Not that common with NES games. That said I am not sure the EU versions of games ever became collector's items. Almost all of retro gaming / speedrunning is done on US/JP consoles.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Almost all of retro gaming / speedrunning is done on US/JP consoles.

I can do without that kind of weirdness.

I can't connect the thing to the TV though because I haven't had an antenna cable connected to my TV for over a decade.

Szlia

Quineloe Quineloe most NES models have cinch connectors on the side : yellow for composite video and black for mono sound. If you have some cinch audio cable lying around, that does the trick. For having somewhat recently played a NES using composite on a modern flat screen TV, it does take a little bit of work with the TV settings to have it look ok.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Unless you have a crt laying around somewhere- hooking up retro consoles is a rabbit hole of 3rd party hardware to deal with de-interlacing and scaling. Plus i assume that's PAL/ 50hz stuff. Which it's own nightmare.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ironically it's a lot easier setting up an emulator than using old consoles. I still have mine too but I wouldn't bother taking it out of the bag it's been for years. Especially NES/SNES emulation is more or less perfect nowadays and you can even get better stuff than the original hardware.