The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The image quality is perfect, but there's no sound. I'm using the AV ports out now into an AV-> SCART adapter

1593865047995.png

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Szlia

Quineloe Quineloe No sound is strange. From my experience the only thing that dies on NES is the cartridge connector because of wear and/or oxidation. Did you try on both the right and left connector of your AV to SCART adapter ? The default for mono is supposed to be Left, but maybe some TV models want it on Right ? Or maybe your TV freaks out to get only one channel and you have a menu somewhere to say "The source is in Mono, all is well".

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I Got it fixed. Yellow goes into yellow, but for some reason red doesn't go into red, but into white.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Microsoft should just buy Warner brothers with dc so they can compete with Disney. At&t is a bullshit holder of those ip.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I guess it was just a matter of time before a publisher went in with a $70 base game.

Oh look, global recession starts, let's charge everyone more for our yearly barely updated games! (but keep all the micro!)

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
$60 in 2005 would be $78 in 2020, adjusted for inflation. And art budgets haven't decreased in that time frame.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
$60 in 2005 would be $78 in 2020, adjusted for inflation. And art budgets haven't decreased in that time frame.
Inflation is a poor metric to reason a cost for anything today vs years past.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
Just recently picked up a New 2DS XL and man is Curtain Call addictive. Music nostalgia is a hell of a drug. Always go back to the Chrono Trigger and FFX sections.

• 2Like

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
$70 for a sports game? lmao

Games these days are barely worth $60 imo considering so many of them are bloated with loot boxes and microstransactions.

When asked whether the $69.99 price point represented a new standard for 2K's console games, the representative kept the focus squarely on today's pricing decision. "2K’s suggested retail prices for its games are meant to represent the value being offered," the rep said. "With nearly endless replay value and many new additions and improvements only possible on next-generation consoles, we believe our updated suggested retail price fairly represents the value of NBA 2K21."

PCs have been leaps and bounds ahead of consoles and yet the games were always $60 (or free for you pirates)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The 2K Sport games are loaded with microtransaction bullshit. It's pure greed for them to charge more for their games.

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I mean the only people paying that shit are the super fans, everyone else waits for the bargain bin because they release a new one every fucking year. So basically they're bleeding their hardcore audience mostly.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
With the level of game selection available and the size of my backlog, I can't ever fathom paying $70 for a game, let alone $60. Shit, I think the most expensive game I've purchased in recent memory was $30. Way too many sales and gaming sites nowadays to ever pay full price.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
With the level of game selection available and the size of my backlog, I can't ever fathom paying $70 for a game, let alone $60. Shit, I think the most expensive game I've purchased in recent memory was $30. Way too many sales and gaming sites nowadays to ever pay full price.

Exactly. Like imagine paying full price for CoD when it drops 20 bucks on Black Friday EVERY YEAR