The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
Turn on 2FA on xbox, PSN, nintendo, steam, epic games store, uPlay, etc. or don't, and be sad when russians steal yo shit

its incredibly easy nowadays and you can use an app like Authy to centralize all the 2FA stuff into one location, password protected database itself, cloud backed up to OneDrive/DropBox/Google so even if you lose your phone/PC/house you can still recover.

also never, ever, ever attach paypal and credit cards to any gaming ecosystem. Buy game wallet codes from amazon/gamestop/etc instead.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Turn on 2FA on xbox, PSN, nintendo, steam, epic games store, uPlay, etc. or don't, and be sad when russians steal yo shit

its incredibly easy nowadays and you can use an app like Authy to centralize all the 2FA stuff into one location, password protected database itself, cloud backed up to OneDrive/DropBox/Google so even if you lose your phone/PC/house you can still recover.

also never, ever, ever attach paypal and credit cards to any gaming ecosystem. Buy game wallet codes from amazon/gamestop/etc instead.
But that's so inconvenient and waaaahhhhh!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I had to put 2fa awhile back on my PlayStation account. Someone managed to get in, but luckily all they did was make some random PlayStation the primary on my account. Went in, changed password, and added 2FA right after but the dumb thing is Sony only allows you to change primary console once every year or something like that and they wouldn’t change it, so I had to just wait it out.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
GoW without proper HDR would be a hard pass no matter what else is improved in a PC version imo. It's easily the best implementation of HDR I've seen in any game so far.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
70 indie demos have dropped on the Xbox store for a week as part of their summer game fest, including the new Destroy All Humans.

spronk

FPS noob
if Microsoft doesn't have either 3-4 amazing, secret games in dev releasing within 12 months or a massive lineup of exclusive (to gamepass) games ready to launch with the series X I just can't muster any excitement for the XSEX

it all sounds good on paper - gamepass ultimate, plays on PC/X/XSEX, cloud play rolled in, etc - but they got no goddamn "only on xbox" games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I largely agree, I expect to get some of that fix at launch with some of the 3rd party titles that won't have PC parity. Madden is probably my biggest guilty pleasure and at least this year the PC release will be current gen.

Think we have a lot left to learn about both of these consoles still, I look forward to the marketing push finally starting.

Related, lol:

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I largely agree, I expect to get some of that fix at launch with some of the 3rd party titles that won't have PC parity. Madden is probably my biggest guilty pleasure and at least this year the PC release will be current gen.

Think we have a lot left to learn about both of these consoles still, I look forward to the marketing push finally starting.

Related, lol:

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
starts in 1 hour, 9am PDT

or
www.twitch.tv/xbox

i'm expecting Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 8, Scorn, Hellblade 2, Fable Reboot, Ever Wild, Flight Simulator X, Medium and hopefully a few surprises

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
event so far

"hey guys let's make this a diversity fair and signal our virtue as hard as possible!"

"ok sure but what xbox stuff are we gonna do?"

"xbox?"

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Is that a new Halo? God it looks so bland and uninspired. Pure 2000s mechanics. Next to some of the new FPS. Bleh.

*edit: lol three of us with the same immediate reaction. Can only imagine how the rest of the world feels.