The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Games with gold has been worthless for a while. They're either completely shit games or games that are already on gamepass

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
dunno if its a bug or meant to be but people are playing on xbox live without gold, might be Microsoft giving online play for free like steam

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
They better do something new to entice people because their 1st party games suck ass, Halo is going to be a bust, and ultimate Gamepass, while nice in the fact I can play games I would never buy; usually results in their 1st party games included to be mediocre low development cost messes and 3rd party coming out after a game of the year edition is out an they try to sell you on DLC and seed the games.

Microsoft is so fucking clueless right now.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

That's absolutely fantastic too bad they don't have any 1st party development of games I want to USE THAT FEATURE WITH. :)

I think you are getting the point. You can throw in live for free, you can toss in cross play, you can toss in game pass, you can toss in damn near anything you want too - it doesn't matter if the games suck, and they, arguably an exception on one or 2, SUCK. (I liked Forza. Everything else was mediocre dog shit aside from Ori up to and including the ultimate disappointment Outer Worlds was.

They can make their hardware/live services the most friendly in the world with regards to ease of use and backwards compatibility - When their Flagship title under 1st party development needs to hire out a 3rd party to right their own ship so they can ship a pile of garbage in 3 months, the last thing I am worried about is a fucking controller when these things last about 2 years at best anyway. And I actually take care of my controllers - I cannot tell you how many design flaws are in both - Drift issues with Dual Shock, and having to take apart my brand new Xbox One controller to do a swab/rubbing alcohol rub because of poorly designed sticky glue on the right trigger.

Microsoft can't tie their own shoes in their own house, so they will market and campaign against PS5 a pair of shoes no one cares about when they ship with no laces.

And Acquisitions of dev houses don't matter when MS management forces them to hire contractors and abuse them to shit and back with the end result being shit games 99.9% of the time.

So yes, they are fucking CLUELESS as to what their success depends on.

Ready for it? I bet you won't even have to click the spoiler.

GAMES THAT DON'T SUCK

And they cannot even get that right with HALO!

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
It does seem like nothing but a cash grab though that no PS5 games can use the DS4. Seems like the only functional difference is the triggers.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That's absolutely fantastic too bad they don't have any 1st party development of games I want to USE THAT FEATURE WITH. :)

I think you are getting the point. You can throw in live for free, you can toss in cross play, you can toss in game pass, you can toss in damn near anything you want too - it doesn't matter if the games suck, and they, arguably an exception on one or 2, SUCK. (I liked Forza. Everything else was mediocre dog shit aside from Ori up to and including the ultimate disappointment Outer Worlds was.

They can make their hardware/live services the most friendly in the world with regards to ease of use and backwards compatibility - When their Flagship title under 1st party development needs to hire out a 3rd party to right their own ship so they can ship a pile of garbage in 3 months, the last thing I am worried about is a fucking controller when these things last about 2 years at best anyway. And I actually take care of my controllers - I cannot tell you how many design flaws are in both - Drift issues with Dual Shock, and having to take apart my brand new Xbox One controller to do a swab/rubbing alcohol rub because of poorly designed sticky glue on the right trigger.

Microsoft can't tie their own shoes in their own house, so they will market and campaign against PS5 a pair of shoes no one cares about when they ship with no laces.

And Acquisitions of dev houses don't matter when MS management forces them to hire contractors and abuse them to shit and back with the end result being shit games 99.9% of the time.

So yes, they are fucking CLUELESS as to what their success depends on.

Ready for it? I bet you won't even have to click the spoiler.

GAMES THAT DON'T SUCK

And they cannot even get that right with HALO!

I mean there isn’t anything from PS5 I’m interested in within the first year that I can see either. I hope halo will be good but I got a feeling it will suck.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Utnayan Utnayan , I don't think Microsoft is totally clueless, I just think they have a different strategy going into this next gen war then previously.

It's not Xbox Series X vs PS5 from their perspective it's Xbox One+Xbox Series X+PC+Gamepass+xCloud vs PS5.

So it's a little less about who has the best exclusives but more about value and where and how you can play them. I think they know they probably can't win the exclusives war because Sony has too many great first party studios, so they are attempting a different strategy.

Time will tell if it's a good strategy or not, but they are definitely not fighting this war like they did previously.

As for Halo Infinite it's most likely going to outsell by a considerable margin any PS5 exclusives simply because it can be played on xbox one, pc android etc...and that possibly will be the case for many of their games for the first year or so, after that who knows.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
This state of play is pretty awful, but I guess I wasn’t expecting much anyways. Mobile ports, shovel ware, and GOTY in waiting Bugsnax

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Was nice to see the second Control DLC coming out on the 27th. I've been waiting on that so that I could do both DLCs back-to-back.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
^^ No idea what happened to that post. ^^

" it's Xbox One+Xbox Series X+PC+Gamepass+xCloud vs PS5. "

Exactly - and this is what is wrong with that. If you do not have games, which drive the above you mentioned, the above mentioned doesn't matter.

It's like saying, "Hey you can watch this 30 minute episode of an old Richard Simmon's deal a meal infomercial on your TV, your phone, your PC, your console, or you can listen to it in your car on the way to work!" - Do you care? No. Why?

CONTENT.

It's the same BS mechanical these nut jobs went through when they thought they wanted to own the living room and cared more about that than games - how did that work out for them with the Xbox One when they used a gaming platform to try and use it as a set top box?

Yet, they CONTINUE, in this industry veritcal and many more, to drive bigger picture WAYS to consume and not concentrate on the underlying reason why it's consumed in the first place.

Why do they care about xCloud? Azure and a business directive to take out AWS via any means necessary. (They are leveraging this now by giving away MS Teams with O365 and to use standards based video products (Which account for 95% of the world) you have to host a conference node in Azure as a requirement to dial into their dial in only platform - an example of another trojan horse application they don't care about, but leverage it for a greater purpose)

Why do they care about Gamepass? An easy way to charge for free to play games with MTX systems in place, or sell DLC, and still get a piece of a box sale they otherwise wouldn't have and broaden a target market for the above mentioned. What did it lead to? Exactly that.

Now, if you take what you said above, and then bring out MUST HAVE content (games) for what you mentioned? Home fucking run. But they never do that - and they won't be this time around either. And that is pretty evident when the company manages to tank their arguably best known franchise as we see that today.

Again, they are clueless, and do not understand that while they can supply the shiny, no one is going to fucking look at it when all they see being reflected back in the shiny is a picture of Zoe Quinn.....

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are there gacha mechanics? I watched a video from the beta and didn't see any.
You only get a few characters to play, many many others are gacha. You'll be able to earn the currency to make rules by doing stuff in the game, but not sure how much over how long a time period you can earn. While its always easy to swipe.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

giphy.gif

• 1Worf

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
From the article:
But there are likely many PlayStation fans expecting the PS5 to be a native 4K console, and deliver games at that resolution at 60 frames per second.

LOL

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
After running HZD in 4k checkerboard with HDR and God of War on my Ps Pro, and then comparing that to Forza / Gears of War 5 on my Xbox One X, power of the system in this regard has little to do with how the game actually looks when playing. There is not ONE single Xbox One X game I have played that looks better than those two (and there are more I am just mentioned those two specifically) on a "weaker" system. The fact is 1st party MS developers are contracted within the dev house anyway because MS won't fully onboard them so they save money on benefits, and in turn you get run of the mill coders and designers that least common denominate develop and what do you get with that sweet XSEX system?

That's right. You get Halo Infinite looking like it came straight out of a Coleco Vision running 4k 120 FPS.

• 1Like