The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Suffering performance issues is not a good thing, doesn't really matter that the xbox will do better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Suffering performance issues is not a good thing, doesn't really matter that the xbox will do better.

Obviously 3rd party but better off on a PC anyway now, and PS's performance was always worse in the step up, but the 1st party developers knew - and most importantly, cared - about optimizing the experience shipping on it. MS doesn't give two flying fucks as long as they can at some point mention xCloud, Cross Play, Game anywhere, or whatever else the fuck they want to talk about while deflecting from their horrendous (And not changing) games development strategy. So Xsex could have enough compute to solve all the universes problems in the world in 3 seconds - won't matter to shit and back since they can't develop their way out of a paper sack.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Looking at it in a Sony vs Microsoft way is fine and all but that's not what I am getting at. Sony's goal for the PS5 graphics should be one thing, 4k rock steady 60fps. We are hearing it's possible they have failed that goal.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
After running HZD in 4k checkerboard with HDR and God of War on my Ps Pro, and then comparing that to Forza / Gears of War 5 on my Xbox One X, power of the system in this regard has little to do with how the game actually looks when playing. There is not ONE single Xbox One X game I have played that looks better than those two (and there are more I am just mentioned those two specifically) on a "weaker" system. The fact is 1st party MS developers are contracted within the dev house anyway because MS won't fully onboard them so they save money on benefits, and in turn you get run of the mill coders and designers that least common denominate develop and what do you get with that sweet XSEX system?

That's right. You get Halo Infinite looking like it came straight out of a Coleco Vision running 4k 120 FPS.
One thing I'd add to this is that I've begun to suspect Xbone shares the same garbage implementation of HDR that Windows 10 uses. Every time I play a game with HDR on my X1X I have to go into my TV's settings and fuck around with the brightness mode, color temp, etc. while I almost never touch that stuff for PS4 games (unless it's a game made by asshats who think faking HDR is cool).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
i split my purchases between my X and PS4, every ubisoft game I ended up buying on my X and multiplayer games generally on my PS4 Pro. A few games I double or triple dipped like RDR 2, GTA 5, Hitman 2. My usage time was probably 80% PS4 Pro and 20% X.

Honestly theres really no difference between the X and PS4 Pro for multiplat games, a few games you can sorta tell a minor difference if you look REALLY carefully but I completed the GTA 5 story on both and it was perfectly fine, the only thing you remember is the shitty ass load times on both systems. Ultimately devs just make it work and rarely take advantage of anything special, like touchpad or "the most powerful console". Xbox UI blows ass, but the system is deathly quiet which is nice.

I do like my elite 2 controller a lot more than dualshock 4, so it was nice playing all the assassins creed, farcry, etc games with it. I wish Sony would release a premium controller instead of farming out to third parties who can't even turn on the goddamn system with their controllers.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
At not point ever during my playthrough of Ghost of Tsushima did I ever go, man this 4K Checkerboard sucks, I wish is was true 4K, or go wow 30FPS sucks.

Obviously 60fps or true 4K are better. but I never missed it. Maybe with the advance in graphics possibilities of the new consoles there will be a bigger difference between 30fps and 4k checkerboard compare to 60fps and true 4k...but personally its not something I notice. I notice uneven frame rate, but steady never going under 30fps has always been good enough for me.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
doubt anyone really cares but seems like X price pushed to Sept
Don't really care about the price (anything over $500 would be full retard, and I doubt it will be any less than, say, $480 either), I just want the damn preorders to go up.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
What's the closest we've been to Black Friday before a price announcement? I can't imagine holding off so long would be good for sales.

spronk

FPS noob
I'm pretty sure its just false speculation because of how long is taking but I saw a few tweets saying XSEX and PS5 are being priced at $700 which is why they are delaying so much. That would be an insane price if its true.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob

“Year-to-date spending reached $26 billion, 21% higher than the same period in 2019,” said Piscatella. “Content, hardware, and accessory spending are each over 20 percent higher when compared to the same period a year ago.”
“Ghost of Tsushima is developer Sucker Punch Productions’ fastest selling release in history. Ghost of Tsushima also debuts as 2020’s 5th best-selling game year-to-date.”
Life-to-date dollar sales of The Last of Us: Part II are now the 3rd highest for a Sony published game in history, trailing only Marvel’s Spider-Man and 2018’s God of War.”

EfYTpkhX0AA3WIN

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
$700 is a straight up not gonna happen for the release

• 2Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
With the current launch lineup it's not worth buying either. Wait til GoW and probably save 100 bucks or more.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Demons Souls is tempting, but I'm waiting. I'm fully expecting some retarded causing hardware failures this gen for the initial runs of both machines. It helps the launch games aren't that great either. It will not surprise me either if hardware sales are slow this gen. I just don't think that many people have the TV's to fully realize what the hardware is going to churn out graphics wise.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
....what.

Purchased by Rally for $140,000 in a private sale, the company plans to sell 3000 individual shares in the game, starting on August 21. Each $50 share purchased will give investors partial ownership and the option to sell their shares in Rally's own marketplace. If the price of those shares plummet, Rally will liquidate its investment in the game and pay owners out, according to a decision made by their advisory board.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Demons Souls is tempting, but I'm waiting. I'm fully expecting some retarded causing hardware failures this gen for the initial runs of both machines. It helps the launch games aren't that great either. It will not surprise me either if hardware sales are slow this gen. I just don't think that many people have the TV's to fully realize what the hardware is going to churn out graphics wise.
If Trumpbux come again anywhere close to release there will be a next gen console in every home.

spronk

FPS noob
lol some mod on resetERA got banned because it turned out he was the source for all the "PS5 does 4k super badly" rumors going around this week and he made it all up, something about all the bad news about xbox and he wanted to even things out. what a retard

heres the screenshots but i wouldn't bother reading it, i can't even ever figure out how this shit is supposed to be even readable on twitter

• 1Like