The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Honestly, they seem pretty vindictive tbh. For what reason is there any connection between not having a 24 hour DRM check, and the inability of Microsoft to provide the owners of their console the 10 person shared games section they were already talking about. Why take that away?

Because they mad. Oh yes Microsoft super mad.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Should start a new poll with this info. Does this even have a measurable effect on this community's purchase decision?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Its like battered wife syndrome up in here.

The fact that they thought about going down this road, and took this long to backtrack, should be all you need to hear to realize this is no great change of heart on their part, but rather a tiny tiny bit of sobering up to reality in the moments when the drugs Microsoft are taking wear off before the new round kicks in.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Its like battered wife syndrome up in here.

The fact that they thought about going down this road, and took this long to backtrack, should be all you need to hear to realize this is no great change of heart on their part, but rather a tiny tiny bit of sobering up to reality in the moments when the drugs Microsoft are taking wear off before the new round kicks in.
Major domino action in effect. Already have friends saying they are ditching Sony for the One now which of course makes being loyal to Sony more difficult since I'd like to play online with my same crew... Was really hoping Sony would crush them, but I guess MS wised up to fast.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Should start a new poll with this info. Does this even have a measurable effect on this community's purchase decision?
They would have to really wow me with exclusives and a large price drop a couple years down the line for me to even consider it. It would be absolutelyretardedto play crossplatform games on it and Sony's blown MS away with exclusives for many, many years now. Plus, PS+ is amazing.

So far they haven't shown me a single thing worth owning a Xbone for and the DRM situation hasn't changed that. They've had a terrible track record for exclusives past the first two years of the X360 and that doesn't appear to be changing any time soon.

Forbin_sl

shitlord
An interesting side note to all this is the "sharing with 10 family members" and "give a game to a person you have been friends with for 30 days" appear to be gone now on the xbox.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Major domino action in effect. Already have friends saying they are ditching Sony for the One now which of course makes being loyal to Sony more difficult since I'd like to play online with my same crew... Was really hoping Sony would crush them, but I guess MS wised up to fast.
That seems pretty dumb since the Xbox 1 has less power and costs more and still has to have always on Kinect.

Might wanna point that out to them.

I realize there really are some blind stupid Microsoft fanboys out there, I know one personally, and its really nonsensical since Sony isn't perfect, but Microsoft shits in their customer's mouth on a daily basis and wanted to make that literal with the 24 hour DRM checks.

Sean_sl

shitlord
That seems pretty dumb since the Xbox 1 has less power and costs more and still has to have always on Kinect.

Might wanna point that out to them.

I realize there really are some blind stupid Microsoft fanboys out there, I know one personally, and its really nonsensical since Sony isn't perfect, but Microsoft shits in their customer's mouth on a daily basis and wanted to make that literal with the 24 hour DRM checks.
Yeah, I expect Sony to really push the fact that their system is more powerful *and* costs less now. You're pretty much an idiot if you play a crossplatform game on the Xbone over the PS4.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
That's a good message to send, "Fuck you, even when you change your business decisions based on consumer response!"
They should still be punished for their disingenuous responses and bullshit about how it's "needed"--essentially every reason they said they needed to do this was just proven to be bullshit. Much like Sim-city and it's mystical "server computation"--it came down to "DRM for more money."

Sean_sl

shitlord
What if all your friends have Xbox One?
Then your friends are morons and you shouldn't be friends with them in the first place if you can't convince them of something so absurdly simple.

Educate your dipshit friends. Friends don't let friends be that retarded.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
But seriously, can someone please tell me what the linkage between 24 hour DRM and the family plan gaming sharing being dropped is, besides Microsoft being vindictive little crybabies, mad they didn't get their way?

What if all your friends have Xbox One?
What if all your friends jump off a bridge together? Stupid decisions made en masse don't become less stupid.