The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah i have just about decided to use money I would spend on a console on a better video card.
This is what I want to do but I need more than just a video card so I'm torn
frown.png

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That is a pretty great UI. Slick features like live look in too.

Also, make whoever filled that video the director of the next gamescom.

Coral_sl

shitlord
Just waited 30 minutes to play 15 minutes of Titanfall here at gamescom.

Totally worth it. Want to play more, definitely purchase.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gamestop is doing a thing where if you buy a current gen game and want to upgrade to the next gen version you can do so within 30 days and they'll give you $50 trade-in credit.

Amazon just launched the same thing but appears to be only for the Xbox One, and you don't even have to buy your game from Amazon to get the bonus trade-in credit. You also have until 12/31 instead of the 30 days.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...1343501#bought
Just for 360/One so far from what my Gamestop said yesterday...

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
This is what I want to do but I need more than just a video card so I'm torn
frown.png
Microcenter has amazing combo deals on CPU plus board. Ram is cheap. Drives are cheap. Decent enough video card 660ti or 670, 770) and you can build a PC for under 800.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Microcenter has amazing combo deals on CPU plus board. Ram is cheap. Drives are cheap. Decent enough video card 660ti or 670, 770) and you can build a PC for under 800.
I wonder if that figure will change in a few months and be closer to $1300. Probably not given that $800 will buy you a better PC than the ps4.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I win!!

3MatIzm.jpg

I think I'm going to actually sell mine, though. I'm still debating. I definitely want a PS4, but I don't really care about the launch titles and if people are paying a stupid premium to get one a week earlier, I may take advantage.

Cor_sl

shitlord
Just got mine, too. Day one UK launch.

Please be advised that we have a revised delivery date for the items you ordered on June 11 2013 (Order #203-).

"Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4)"
Estimated arrival date: November 29 2013 - November 29 2013
I'm leaning towards selling mine, too. Might make an easy ?150-200, assuming there is demand for the console. Rumours say that AMD will be releasing their new volcanic island GPUs in October-November; might pick one of those up instead.

spronk

FPS noob
I got a nov 15th ship confirm from amazon too, but I'm probably going to cancel around Nov 1st. Killzone, Knack, DriveClub are the only games I wouldn't be able to play on my PC and none are things I really want. With holidays it'll be way too busy to really game much anyways. Maybe when Gaiki goes online and/or they put out a Last of Us, GTA5, etc for PS4 then i'll pick one up, it seems like there is gonna be enough stock that you will be able to just buy it on black friday in stores too.

edit:http://www.thepricegeek.com/results/ps4?country=usseems like a good way to track the average selling price, biggest clump is at $420 but I don't see a way to show the price trend over the last 60 days

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
If you don't want it, just hold on to it until the weekend before Christmas and post it on Craigslist. I guarantee you'll make a profit off of some lazy parent that waited until the last minute to do Christmas shopping for their kid, not realizing these things will be sold out everywhere at that point.

DMK_sl

shitlord
So went down to local EB games here in Aus. Apparently I'd have to wait until next year if I want to get a PS4. So I preordered both a One and a PS4. They said the PS4 is easily beating the Xbox in preorders but the Xbox has been picking up a lot of momentum since the changes in policy.. I'll be buying both.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I'm keeping my main pre-order but cancelled my extras I just don't see these things selling for a premium worth anything given how loose supply seems to be.

Araex_sl

shitlord
Sony tends make great hardware but horrible system softwares, not just limiting to Playstations, so I'd be cynical to any features they promise right now. A past example is the in-game XMB on PS3; it waswas demoedprior to the launch, but didn't actually get patched in until two years later.

And coming from the atrocious PS Vita UI, I'd be very impressed if they make the leap directly to all the stuff being shown now.

Edit: On a side note,Best Buy is current allowing both PS4 and Xbone preorders for launch day midnight pickups.

Xevy

Log Wizard
PS4ggots. I just want to coin that phrase right now. A penny to my name anytime the internet uses it from here on out.