The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm going to get AC4 since it's a pirate theme. If it wasn't anything else I wouldn't even bother. The world needs more pirate games. I would love to see Rockstar's take on a pirate game. They did such a good job doing a Western.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I'm going to get AC4 since it's a pirate theme. If it wasn't anything else I wouldn't even bother. The world needs more pirate games. I would love to see Rockstar's take on a pirate game. They did such a good job doing a Western.
AC4 doesn't even need to be called "Assassin's" Creed with how Piratey it is.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Is Ryse sticking with that whole not being able to actually fail at the QTE combat?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Disclaimer: I am not getting an Xbone.

The below quote says at the highest difficulty level their won't be QTE's. Still the best way to do combat is Batman Arkham Asylum style IMO.
News: Crytek defends QTE-based combat in Ryse, "designed to be accessible" - Strategy Informer
yeah no idea what that means.

I mean if you press B to kick throughout the game and then there's a fight where you need to kick a dude in the nuts, a prompt letting you know to kick isn't a QTE.

Now if you press B to kick throughout the game and there's a fight where you need to kick a dude in the nuts but you have to press left trigger then right trigger at timed intervals that correspond to the UI telling you what to do, it's shit. It's not gameplay.

Sean_sl

shitlord
DriveClub delay confirmed. PS+ replacement is Contrast:http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...veclub-update/

DRIVECLUB Update Posted by Shuhei Yoshida // President, SCE Worldwide Studios

SCE Worldwide Studios and the team at Evolution Studios have made the difficult decision to delay the release of DRIVECLUB and DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition until early 2014. DRIVECLUB will be a truly innovative, socially connected racing game, but the team requires more time in order to deliver on their vision - and I'm fully confident the game will surpass your expectations.

This decision also affects PlayStation Plus members' Instant Game Collection for launch. To be clear, DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition will still be part of the Instant Game Collection when it is released. For the PS4 launch, in addition to Resogun, I'm pleased to announce that Contrast, the highly anticipated game from Compulsion Games will also be available to PlayStation Plus members for free as part of Instant Game Collection. If you're not aware of Contrast, it will whisk you away to a surreal vaudevillian, film-noir inspired reality full of performance, intrigue, shadow-play and drama. Please check out the trailer below. I'm sure you'll agree that it is unlike anything you will have played before.

We're also offering members access to an exclusive "Open Weekend" trial of Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer on December 28-29.

We understand that the delay is disappointing news, but can assure you that the reason we have made this decision is to ensure that when DRIVECLUB launches, it will realize the next-gen racing vision. And PlayStation 4 gamers will have no shortage of titles to play this year. At launch alone, we have Killzone Shadow Fall, Knack, Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, FIFA 14, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and Battlefield 4 to name but a few, as well as the incredible list of indie games coming to PS4. A broad portfolio of games will be available on PS4 before the end of the year, and with games such as inFAMOUS Second Son, The Order 1886, Destiny, Watch Dogs and now DRIVECLUB coming next year, the strength of the software line-up on PS4 is unprecedented.

DRIVECLUB is a really ambitious racing title and the game is looking stunning. The extra time we're giving the team means the visuals and overall experience are only going to get better. We can assure you that it will be worth the wait.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Surprised they replaced it with a relatively inexpensive indie title rather than an exclusive for launch. Maybe I would have been less disappointed if I hadn't happened to see it on Steam last night and already decided to pass @ $15.

Oh well, price is right now I guess.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Can't wait for the inevitable PS4 launch lineup defenders, the same people who blasted the Wii U for it's launch lineup. Every console's launch lineup has sucked for the last decade.

Note: Still planning to buy a PS4 over Xbox 1, because it's launch lineup is shit too. Sticking with PC/Steam for the next 6 months of cross platform games is sounding better and better.

Elerion

N00b
PS4's launch lineup is damn near non-existent now. There's also no significant confirmed value in PS+ outside of online play at this point. I'm getting closer to cancelling my pre-order by the day. At this point my only reasons to keep the pre-order are FIFA 14 (which can be played on other platforms), the new toy factor and a potential positive resale value at launch.

PS: XBone lineup isn't much better, and in Europe it is virtually guaranteed to be the least populated platform, so that's not an option.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
There isn't any reason to buy a new console besides a new toy at this point - unless you want to put the faith in EA that you FIFA 2014, NBA 2K14, or BF4 will have upgraded visuals capable of what the system is. And you know as well as I do, EA won't be putting that much effort into what would essentially be designing for 3 platform generations.

If I were people here, I would save your money for a year, wait for a price drop, and buy the games you would like to play on sale along with a reduced priced console. I made a huge mistake woith the Wii U and I won't be making that again. No games? No console sale.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Coming from a person who just has to have new shit even when I know I don't need it. The next-gen console launch is looking less and less appealing to be honest.. Every launch game is pretty much a scaled up current generation game. Barely any game is built with the next-gen console as it's main focus..Makes me sad in my pants.

Elerion

N00b
There isn't any reason to buy a new console besides a new toy at this point - unless you want to put the faith in EA that you FIFA 2014, NBA 2K14, or BF4 will have upgraded visuals capable of what the system is. And you know as well as I do, EA won't be putting that much effort into what would essentially be designing for 3 platform generations.

If I were people here, I would save your money for a year, wait for a price drop, and buy the games you would like to play on sale along with a reduced priced console. I made a huge mistake woith the Wii U and I won't be making that again. No games? No console sale.
For what it's worth, the next gen FIFAs will have a new movement prediction engine which makes everything look a little bit more realistic. Not a huge deal, but it's more than just +resolution. I don't think current gen will have it, and PC is confirmed not to have it.

Not that that's reason enough to buy a console, just saying.

I don't predict a big price drop either. Unless necessary to compete (as in PS3's case), I don't think new consoles tend to drop a lot in the first year, since they're usually sold at a loss at launch anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cor_sl

shitlord
For what it's worth, the next gen FIFAs will have a new movement prediction engine which makes everything look a little bit more realistic. Not a huge deal, but it's more than just +resolution. I don't think current gen will have it, and PC is confirmed not to have it.

Not that that's reason enough to buy a console, just saying.

I don't predict a big price drop either. Unless necessary to compete (as in PS3's case), I don't think new consoles tend to drop a lot in the first year, since they're usually sold at a loss at launch anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yeah, there won't be a price drop until year two, unless the consoles have Wii U like sales, anyway. There should be bundles by this time next year, though.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So MS has extended Games for Gold indefinitely on 360, would be surprised to not see them introduce a similar program for the Xbox One soon before or after launch.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Killzone hasn't been delayed yet, has it? The delay of Watch Dog is disappointing, but makes my choice easier as to which of the two to get for release day. Can't play more than one game simultaneously...

Shabado_sl

shitlord
Yeah, there won't be a price drop until year two, unless the consoles have Wii U like sales, anyway. There should be bundles by this time next year, though.
Have they still not announced US launch bundles?
Euros have Killzone, camera and extra pad bundle for the same price as the Xbone. Although that Xbone comes with FIFA or Forza in Europe.