The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Nola

Trakanon Raider
It's a more open environment. I also assume you don't wear a headset when playing console compared to wearing one when you play PC.
This. My pc and my console gaming systems is upstairs in my man cave. I use head phones when I'm playing pc games and I use my 5.1 surround sound speakers when playing console games. So if I'm playing console games my wife may come up stairs and sit by me while I play.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Cool idea, but there's none in michigan, lol. And there's one within a 100 miles of manhattan, zero in chicago. There's two in LA though!

If they blasted out ten thousand of them to stores nationwide that'd be huge. But if only a few stores having them is a bit of a joke.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If they blasted out ten thousand of them to stores nationwide that'd be huge. But if only a few stores having them is a bit of a joke.
It's a staged release. They're ONLY at Sony stores right now. Next they'll be in malls, EBGames, Walmart, Target, Best Buy... anywhere that sells a large number of systems will have them.
But yeah, there isn't shit near Philadelphia right this moment.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
NBA2k14 looks pretty amazing, but like Madden I'm more interested in seeing what it looks like from a viewpoint of playing the game.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm getting a launch PS4 and literally not interested in any launch titles. I must be smoking crack.
I'm in the same boat. I'm looking forward to Drive Club to play on release, but now that might not even be available. At this point, I'm only staying in on the "new toy" factor.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I thought RYSE was long since written off as derp material due to the inability to false those QTEs unless they changed it. However looking at that makes me want a next gen Heavenly Sword. Im not even sure i want my PS4 anymore but i guess killzone will be decent to play.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Whether a failure in QTE means death or it means you don't do something spectacular doesn't matter imo. QTE is the worst mechanism in gaming.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
They have a lot of Cocaine money...

Wait that's Columbia. What does Brazil do that's illegal? They must do something.

Also, Ryse has been geared to be horrible, but it looks like a Roman version of The Witcher 2. They should release Witcher 2 Ultimate 1080p edition on the PS4.

sebur

Bronze Squire
What bothered me about the 2k14 was when they showed Kobe talking on the sideline, typical just mouth moving not looking real bullshit. The rest does look good, but that annoys me a lot.

Sean_sl

shitlord
The 10 most expensive video game consoles - Yahoo Games

The next-gen consoles from Sony and Microsoft are almost here, bringing with them fresh graphics, cool features, and brand new price tags. But are the $500 Xbox One and the $400 PS4 really all that pricey, historically speaking? Here's a look at the ten most expensive launch systems of all time, adjusted for inflation (and in current U.S. dollars)
10. Sony Playstation (original price: $300 - adjusted for inflation: $460)
9. Xbox 360 (original price: $400 - adjusted for inflation: $479)
8. Xbox One (original price: $500)
7. Sega Saturn (original price: $500 - adjusted for inflation: $613)
6. Sony PS3 (original price: $600 - adjusted for inflation: $696)
5. Atari 2600 (original price: $200 - adjusted for inflation: $772)
4. Intellivision (original price: $300 - adjusted for inflation: $966)
3. NEOGEO (original price: $650 - adjusted for inflation: $1116)
2. Panasonic 3DO (original price: $700 - adjusted for inflation: $1132)

And the winner is...

1mW9t24.jpg

1. PHILIPS CDi (original price: $700 - adjusted for inflation: $1202)

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Whether a failure in QTE means death or it means you don't do something spectacular doesn't matter imo. QTE is the worst mechanism in gaming.
Disclaimer: I am not getting an Xbone.

The below quote says at the highest difficulty level their won't be QTE's. Still the best way to do combat is Batman Arkham Asylum style IMO.
News: Crytek defends QTE-based combat in Ryse, "designed to be accessible" - Strategy Informer

On the hardest difficulty mode, button prompts will not appear during execution sequences, so players will have to memorize and carefully read Marius?s body movements to determine which buttons to press and when, adding additional layers of skill and strategy."