The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is not not possible (or economical) to rent extra servers temporarily or on a short term contract to alleviate launch loads?
For our company you don't rent servers, you lease or buy them. Lease terms are something like 2 years and the cost is ridiculous. I think to buy one server from us the price tag was like $60K and that doesn't even include storage or anything. I'm talking enterprise level storage, which is what Sony uses.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
After all this talk and preparation for the patch, my USB stick wouldn't get recognized. Tried it the old fashioned way and it downloaded in about 30 seconds. Not sure what the big deal is all about. NOT BRICKED, 10/10 score given

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yup, all this cloud shit will revolutionize launch day problems within the next 3-5 years I'm sure.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Do they rent super short term like 1-2 months?

You'd think someone would have offered launch-window leases at some point and made a ton of money off of everyone.
I think the main problem would be it's hard to tell where the problem is. Server load or coding issues. Usually it's both so fixing one isn't going to help the other anyway. So they just mitigate instead.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I thought Iwas going to hate Resogun, it looked so dumb. Blasted the surround sound and man it was awesome. I'm sure my neighbors hate me.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
EA blames sony patch for breaking shit, then takes down post.

@Kotaku: Watch out! The PS4 day-one system update is breaking things, EA says:PS4 Day-One Update Is Breaking Things, EA Says [UPDATE: Post Pulled]
You know what I would like to know is when Ubisoft will get nailed with false advertisment law suits. Back of the box says 1080p, and without the patch it isn't. No ETA on the patch except for soon, and this has happenedmore than a handful of times with regards to Co-op included in games already sold to said to have had co-op, and support for older operating systems. All said they would be patched in, but never were.

False advertising about COOP campaign. Add it with patch or prepare 4 class suit UBI | Forums

The company sucks.

(Although I love the game on my 360)

Also, I love this part.

Despite EA's warnings, we at Kotaku have been able to play multiple PS4 games without a problem since Tuesday night, when we downloaded the patch to our retail units. We've been playing games like Knack, Killzone, and Assassin's Creed IV without any hitches.P

However, I've had a few issues getting Madden 25 to load, and Evan is having some stability issues with Need for Speed, although both of those problems could be chalked up to Internet deficiencies. 1P

We've reached out to Sony for more info, and we'll update should they comment. For now, your best bet might be to hold off on downloading the system update if you want to play EA games.
Best bet is to not purchase any EA games at all.

Fadaar

That guy
Does it help that you aren't alone?
no
frown.png

Fadaar

That guy
Did you go through all the steps via phone support?

Try taking out your hard drive and holding the power button down for 8 seconds.
I've tried everything about 5 times each. No dice. Just a blue light and no output to my TV or extra computer monitor I had.