The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm about to give my daughter a bath and put her to bed. Will take around an hour total.

When I'm back, anyone want to multiplayer some expert Resogun? If so, I'll be on around 9pm EST.

Sean_sl

shitlord
What is the HDMI link feature? Wish they had a tooltip when you hovered it
It's an HDMI control handshake thing that lets other devices on HDMI, if they have the firmware/support for it, control other devices. It's usually used for volume control and turning stuff off/on, stuff like that.

You can find it under the Settings -> System entry in the menu. In the System area there's an option named "Enable HDMI Device Link" that you can check on or off.

I'm not sure what all you can do with it on the PS4, but with my Receiver remote I can turn the system on/off and if the system is off when I switch to the input I have it hooked up to on my Receiver it'll automatically turn on.

The Master

Bronze Squire
What is the cheapest method of getting Playstation Plus? I heard it was around $50 for a year, but on the website the cheapest plan is $10 a month ($120 year)?
Costco bundles. Game+extra controller+one year of PS+ for $515. Since both a game and a controller together are $110, you get PS+ for $5.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Warframe is pretty dam fun and you can a PS Plus warframe starter pack which everyone should be able to get given PS plus comes free for 30 days in the PS4 box with a code.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Warframe is pretty dame fun and you can a PS Plus warframe starter pack which everyone should be able to get given PS plus comes free for 30 days in the PS4 box with a code.
I did the first mission of it and it seems alright. I have no clue what the fuck a ton of the systems are though and it doesn't seem to offer much explanation on things.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I did the first mission of it and it seems alright. I have no clue what the fuck a ton of the systems are though and it doesn't seem to offer much explanation on things.
The explanation is horrible. I've been googling everything also the Brightness seemed WAY to low so I went into options and turned it up so I can see everything.

Also this is essential when you start getting mods which should happen very early on ( and you'll get a few if you get the PS Plus pack)
Warframe Guides: Mod Explanation And Fusion - YouTube

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So Rasogun co-op it's fun. However, you want to set up party chat prior to playing. Otherwise, there's no way of knowing what's going on with the other player.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's pretty crappy. Doesn't really fit your ear at all, and the sound quality isn't great either.

Aside from that, I've been told that the PS4's microphone is good. I think it's on the controller, but not 100% on that one.