The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Nola

Trakanon Raider
FYI if anyone has a Sony Bravia television and notice jagged lettering during the PS4's UI, download the model's latest firmware and install it to the TV. I had the same issue and it corrected the problem.

Fadaar

That guy
I hate you people with working consoles
frown.png

Edit: Now with pictures!

rrr_img_49713.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
to the guys who robbed me for my ps4
To the guys I met this morning who convinced me to accept cash instead of paypal, then pulled a gun on me and took the ps4 I was selling. I remember your faces and yourcar I will find you. Beware to all. People are pretending to want to buy your gaming consoles and robbing at gunpoint!!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I swear the blue light problem is either something fixed easily in a patch, or some retarded TV incompatibility issue or some shit.

I dunno why I think that, and I'm probably wrong, but I do. Some stupid little thing is preventing the system from sending that signal across the HDMI cable to the tv and I seriously doubt its a total hardware failure in most cases.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I swear the blue light problem is either something fixed easily in a patch, or some retarded TV incompatibility issue or some shit.

I dunno why I think that, and I'm probably wrong, but I do. Some stupid little thing is preventing the system from sending that signal across the HDMI cable to the tv and I seriously doubt its a total hardware failure in most cases.
I doubt it's a TV problem. Tried a lg led, Panasonic plasma and Computer monitor and none worked. I bet they got a bad shipment of hdmi ports. If it was a design flaw or manufacturing problem you wood see way more screw ups and they wouldn't be focused on one retailer like they are with Amazon.

Fadaar

That guy
I've tried 3 Samsung TV's (my 55", friend's 32" and 50"), my roommate's shitty old TV (not sure how big it is, maybe like 30"?), my ViewSonic monitor, and my Crossover monitor. Checked with all HDMI inputs (4 on my TV alone) and a half dozen cables in each port. Nothing ever worked. I'm about ready to tear the console completely apart and see if I can find something disconnected internally.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I wouldn't do that just because it'll auto-void your warranty. As of right now, they WILL replace it. They probably won't if you open it up.

iannis

Musty Nester
When all is said and done and we look back at this generation of consoles I suspect we'll say that Snowden killed the Xbox One.
I think even without Snowden the appeal of the Xbone "features" is dubious at best.

It's kinda like Microsoft is actively trying to reduce their market share. And they might be doing exactly that.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Sorry for your problems fadaar, feel bad now in saying mine is working and just finished the update :-\

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Taking a part shouldn't be to big a deal since they let you change the hard drive yourself correct?

Szlia

Kotaku has a follow up article on the system failures: When you turn the console on, it should pulse blue then turn white. People that had problems after the light turned to white can have a broad range of issues (HDMI connector/cable being one) and some can be fixed by cable change, system resets, etc. Sadly, no one who got stuck at the pulsing blue light managed to fix it at this point. Many got a replacement console through stores or through Sony CS though (the latter necessitating a little back and forth with parcels so getting back a working PS4 takes several days).

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Taking a part shouldn't be to big a deal since they let you change the hard drive yourself correct?
You can open up one section of the PS4 to replace the HDD. However, to open up any other part of the console you must break seals that void the warranty.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Damnit! Stupid Germans holding me back!!

"Dead Rising 3 will not be released in Germany as part of the Xbox One launch line-up on November 22nd having been unable to attain an age-rating upon review by BPjM, the country's entertainment software self-regulation body," a Microsoft rep told Destructoid.