The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Killzone 3 sucks. Bought it, played it, hated it. Maybe the multiplayer is better...

What is with these ridiculous go through major hoop deals. Just sell the damn PS4 version at the same price it would be as a PS3 version on sale with a $10 trade up. When the sale is done, put them all back at their original price.

Good God.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So whats the games to buy my kids then? They do like shooters so I was thinking BF4 of course, since COD Ghost they are getting for the xbox 360.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, I guess I did then. But I still have to get the 1 yr membership for both kids, then the extra controller.... FUCK! That should be enough for a while.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Christ I'll be happy when brick & mortar retail is dead and we can all just get our Amazon drones to deliver shit to us the same day...

Was in Toys R Us yesterday picking up Christmas presents for a few nephews and nieces, and there's a pimply-faced kid working in the video game section, looks like he's probably 17 or 18 years old. I figure he's probably on top of all the latest video game news and the new systems and such. So after he gets my damn Pokemon Y out of the locked case for me, I ask him "so any word on when you guys are getting any more PS4s or Xbox Ones?" And instead of actually trying to answer my questions he goes off on a small rant about how I shouldnt buy a system this year, I should wait until next year when new model revisions release to avoid the manufacturing defects of launch models, etc, etc. Fuck man, that's not what I wanted to know at all, just either answer my question or tell me "I don't know"

I always hated that when I worked at Gamestop, I'd have to train a lot of my employees to actually answer someones question, and not give them so much information that they don't even ask for that you confuse them. When grandma comes in looking for the latest game for her grandkid, she doesn't want a 10-minute tirade on something totally unrelated to "do you have this in stock or not?"

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So whats the games to buy my kids then? They do like shooters so I was thinking BF4 of course, since COD Ghost they are getting for the xbox 360.
They might have BF4 actually working by Christmas. Although it's still a gamble.

Black Flag and Resogun (Free) are a must. Do not buy Killzone. It's a horrible game that is a glorified tech demo and I fell for the hype. Even my step son hated it and he usually likes anything that ships to a store. If they like sports games, NBA 2k14 is worth it, and need for speed rivals is very good. Other than that, nothing at the moment.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Drones will never happen, whats to keep people from just camping amazon to shoot them out of the sky.
They are going to be FAA sanctioned, which means shooting them out of the sky would be a federal offense. I don't think people are going to risk that kind of heat to shoot down a set of spatulas.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
60" TV box you can plainly spot though. I still think this is still a ways away. It would have to be 100% automated somehow. I cannot see 1,000s of dudes sitting there somewhere driving these things.

spronk

FPS noob
you can login multiple PS4s into a single psn/ps+ account, so no reason to buy multiple accounts of PS+ unless both kids are gonna play bf4 against each other. both cod and bf4 have lots of swearing in single player btw

and yeah the games to defnly get for ps4 are ac4, nfs, and nba 2k14. the free ps+ games are fun, daughter is really enjoying the new one contrast (i think its on steam too)

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't get all the hate on Killzone.

It's a more then solid fps series. What may seem clunky to some, is a somewhat weighty movement and combat system vs the twitchy gameplay for example CoD offers. If you don't use the additional tools of the new shadow marshal outfit, you may end up dying a lot which can be frustrating i guess. But if you use the owl and other tools properly, the game elevates into a somewhat tactical and realistic approach to fps in a fantastic presented sci fi setting. In the end, sure it's another fps, albeit with decent challenging and varied gameplay, solid storytelling and jaw dropping presentation. I don't even think there is that much more room on how to improve a friggen fps at this point.

The multiplayer is fun as hell and extremely underrated. Many reviewers neglected this part of the game, which may suck a lot more hours out of you then the campaign.

Szlia

Flllllooooooowwwwwwerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

rrr_img_51866.gif

Fffffffffffffffffffffllllllllllllllloooooooooooooo oooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

That being said:

1) Why would you worry about the swearing in the single player of CoD and BF4 if you don't worry about the realistic violence?

2) For some reason Killzone has always been very divisive. It's probably because the gameplay, level design and weapon design are not very inventive (not that much of a problem if you don't play a lot of other FPS) and because of the character feels significantly heavier than in most games of the genre.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I found kill zone mediocre but hardly awful. Yes if you don't use the tools you will get raped in places often which might cause people to rage quit.

Hardly a great game but it did get better as you play and certainly not awful.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Having beat Killzone.. it's not really 'awful' although it's not memorable at all. Story and storytelling are pretty decent, and the setting and environment becomes awesome later on. There's a real lack of bosses in this, so that was disappointing. A lot of times they don't tell you what you have to do, so it's frustrating (i'm looking at you free fall levels). The multiplayer is just ok, nothing to write home about. It's sort of like COD on a much smaller scale. I did enjoy the multiplayer for a bit, but nothing that would stick. To me it's a rent, but not horrible. Also, I agree it was more of a tech demo.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Killzone is far from "awful" but solidly in "meh". Honestly, I've been primarily a PC-gamer since the 80's, so I have no love for console FPS games in general. I tend to avoid them on consoles and Killzone reaffirms that opinion. It does look awesome, though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Killzone has some really awesome moments.. like in stage 2 or 3 when you go on the ship and are floating around, theres a room with a light on like 40 body bags. Also some of the action moments were really awesome. But then you have moments that are just abysmally boring too.

Feien

Ploppers
60" TV box you can plainly spot though. I still think this is still a ways away. It would have to be 100% automated somehow. I cannot see 1,000s of dudes sitting there somewhere driving these things.
I don't think a 60" TV would be the kind of item that would qualify for drone delivery. Drones would probably only carry items that are 3-5 pounds or less, and with specific dimensions.