The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
All this confirms is that writers for those sites have never played PC games (1080p) so can't tell the difference.

Sean_sl

shitlord
All this confirms is that writers for those sites have never played PC games (1080p) so can't tell the difference.
The most hilarious part of all this incompetent "games journalism" is Polygon marking the PS4 version lower than the Xbone version for having fps drops when in reality, as shown by Digital Foundry, the PS4 was actually running consistently higher than 60 fps and having Frame Judder because IW, for some retarded reason, didn't lock the framerate.

The whole games media has been one big joke through out this entire thing.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Analyst: Xbox One Outsells PS4 on Black Friday - IGN
"Microsoft's Xbox One topped the retail sales charts this Black Friday, according to Infoscout's projection. The data was collected from 102,000 tracked receipts from major North American retailers, such as Best Buy, Target, and Wal-Mart. Xbox One allegedly made up 31% of the console sales, with Xbox 360 following up at 30%. PS3 and PS4 apparently represented 15% of the retailer's sales. Wii U comprised 6%, while the original Wii only made up 1% of tracked sales."

My question is... who woke up at 4am to rush out and get the Wii? They got some 'splainin' to do.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Analyst: Xbox One Outsells PS4 on Black Friday - IGN
"Microsoft's Xbox One topped the retail sales charts this Black Friday, according to Infoscout's projection. The data was collected from 102,000 tracked receipts from major North American retailers, such as Best Buy, Target, and Wal-Mart. Xbox One allegedly made up 31% of the console sales, with Xbox 360 following up at 30%. PS3 and PS4 apparently represented 15% of the retailer's sales. Wii U comprised 6%, while the original Wii only made up 1% of tracked sales."

My question is... who woke up at 4am to rush out and get the Wii? They got some 'splainin' to do.
So XB1 sold 1% more then XB360? WTF are these people? Checking out some of the sales over the weekend i did see a few older buying ps3s and Xbox360s, i just don't get it. I wonder how many people bought the wrong xmas gift.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Friend of mine hasn't owned a console since Gamecube and went to get the $250 ps3 bundle for the huge backlog of games he never played. I expect many others did the same.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
As I've been saying, don't be surprised if the XB1 is a lot closer to the PS4 than the consensus thinks for the first four or five months.

Of course, this is largely due to Supply, not Demand, though the wildcard remains Microsoft's willingness to checkbook exclusives (and we're already down that road with Titanfall).

Checking out some of the sales over the weekend i did see a few older buying ps3s and Xbox360s, i just don't get it. I wonder how many people bought the wrong xmas gift.
Have you never looked at Nov/Dec NPD numbers? There's a huge chunk of the mass market where price is the biggest factor, and a ~$150 Xbox 360 with Greatest Hits games is a whole lot cheaper than an Xbox One.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I just don't understand it. Other then the significant difference in hardware. The Xbox is a great machine. Money not being an issue so simply accepting the Kinect and it's great. When you learn to use it, it is certainly faster then a controller. The all in one feature is great and makes using all of your boxes really easy. I think once people realise that the Xbone is a solid machine it will be pretty close in the short term between Xbone and Playstation. I think later in the consoles life-cycle when we see Sony's better hardware really showing will be when there will be a dramatic increase in Sony sales.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Because you are not in the "cool kid crowd" and you are in bed with the devil(Microsoft). At least that's what the rabid zealots here will tell you.

Edit: I did laugh at my niece as she sat in line with her dad for 4 hours(from 8pm to midnight) at the gamestop by her house to buy a xbox on Thanksgiving.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just don't understand it. Other then the significant difference in hardware. The Xbox is a great machine. Money not being an issue so simply accepting the Kinect and it's great. When you learn to use it, it is certainly faster then a controller. The all in one feature is great and makes using all of your boxes really easy. I think once people realise that the Xbone is a solid machine it will be pretty close in the short term between Xbone and Playstation. I think later in the consoles life-cycle when we see Sony's better hardware really showing will be when there will be a dramatic increase in Sony sales.
Here, let me translate your post for you, maybe you'll understand then if it's in bullet point format.

A) The xbone has less powerful hardware than the ps4
B) The Xbone is great! (citation needed)
C) The xbone costs more than the ps4
D) The kinect can theoretically speed up navigating the shitty xbone UI, except it isn't, because it's inconsistent (fuck microsoft and their trend toward random ass boxes all thrown at you at once rather than a tree structured UIs, a tree with a controller and you wouldn't need voice commands).
E) It'd be nice to be able to us less remote controls to turn on the television. Except that you can't actually get rid of any remote controls... because some things it just can't do with an IR blaster. So you're still stuck with having to have the TV and Audio Receiver remote, at minimum, handy
F) Long-term, games will be even better on the ps4

What exactly don't you understand? You listed a BUNCH of reasons why the PS4 is favored.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Here, let me translate your post for you, maybe you'll understand then if it's in bullet point format.

A) The xbone has less powerful hardware than the ps4
B) The Xbone is great! (citation needed)
C) The xbone costs more than the ps4
D) The kinect can theoretically speed up navigating the shitty xbone UI, except it isn't, because it's inconsistent (fuck microsoft and their trend toward random ass boxes all thrown at you at once rather than a tree structured UIs, a tree with a controller and you wouldn't need voice commands).
E) It'd be nice to be able to us less remote controls to turn on the television. Except that you can't actually get rid of any remote controls... because some things it just can't do with an IR blaster. So you're still stuck with having to have the TV and Audio Receiver remote, at minimum, handy
F) Long-term, games will be even better on the ps4

What exactly don't you understand? You listed a BUNCH of reasons why the PS4 is favored.
B) Opinion
D) Wrong- Voice commands work 9/10 times MINUMUM
E) Wrong - Don't need a remote as my PC is plugged in. Mouse and Keyboard is the only thing I need.
F) Opinion

Z) Chill the fuck out you fan boy.