The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>

CWf0p9o.jpg

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I've been looking at graphical comparisons and it looks like neither console uses anti-aliasing. Is that an option that can be toggled on consoles?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Finally got my 1TB drive put into my PS4, was really simple. Matter of fact the hardest part was getting my 64GB thumb drive formatted to FAT32.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag in Native 1080p on PlayStation 4 - UbiBlog - Ubisoft®

"The most important part of this title update is not necessarily 1080p native resolution," Trottier smiles. "It's the fact that even when we were done with the project, even when we were finished with the certification and everything else, even when most of the engineers had started to work on other projects - like we always do at Ubisoft - some of my engineers continued to work on Black Flag and they even developed a brand-new anti-aliasing technique." (Anti-aliasing is a technique used to diminish the occasional appearance of jagged edges in computer-generated graphics.)

Indeed, along with the full 1080p native resolution, the visuals have been improved even further, simply because the engineers knew that with the additional time they could do even more. So they did. And now, not only will you see every single miniscule pixel in glorious 1080p native resolution on the PS4 - exactly as the artists rendered it - but you'll also see an even cleaner, clearer and more brilliant moving image than anyone even imagined. (Pay special attention to finer details like the ropes on the ships if you want to get an eyeful of what we're talking about.) And the best news for gamers on the latest next-gen systems? This anti-aliasing technique will be available for both PS4 and Xbox One.
Clearly they use some form of AA... or UBI are blatant liars.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Any parents of young children (3-4 years) that have experience with the kinect? Have a daughter about to turn 3 and curious if it's worth it

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Friend became an instant Xbro recently when he won an Xbox One through a forum give away. Then again he's already talking about selling it as his area apparently doesn't have any in stock.

Told him to give it to me for half price!

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Any parents of young children (3-4 years) that have experience with the kinect? Have a daughter about to turn 3 and curious if it's worth it
I'm going to have to say little to no interest. Now tablet dress up games...My 3 year old daughter will play those for hours. 1000 Pirates for a non girly one too!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm going to have to say little to no interest. Now tablet dress up games...My 3 year old daughter will play those for hours. 1000 Pirates for a non girly one too!
She's not really into the girly stuff. Loves crashing cars and making shit fall. Was hoping kinect had some crap like that and not just different varieties of dancing games

Lenwen

Silver Squire
There's microtransactions in gt6? Strange, I didn't see anything in the menus or anything linking to them in game when I tried it earlier. I was specifically looking for any signs of them too, after the dissapointment that was forza 5. Guess I didn't look hard enough or something.

Edit: Ok I checked around the forums and yup, they do sell those credit packs, but there isn't any mention of them in the actual game. It can be found in the psn store. I was also told that you earn credits in this one faster than gran turismo 5; but still, it's still shitty that it is being sold at all.

Sean_sl

shitlord
GT6's are pretty inoffensive compared to Forza 5's. That shit is pure insanity.

Microtransactions in full $60 games have also been a thing for quite a while now. Dead Space 3 had them pretty in your face too.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee

Microtransactions in full $60 games have also been a thing for quite a while now. Dead Space 3 had them pretty in your face too.
Fuck that. Don't give them a pass because they're on PS4. Call a spade a spade. Those full prices games plus DLC are bullshit and you should be just as mad about that as the people who made Forza 5. That's why people call you a fanboy for Sony.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

100+ euro for one car is pretty inoffensive? Get the fuck out of here with your fanboying bullshit Sean.

Sean_sl

shitlord
That's not fanboying anything, you people are retarded and jump on anything. GT6's is stupid, for sure, but it's far from the first and far from the worst.

My comment was mostly toward people acting like this is something new when it was posted that other games were doing it just days ago and far more offensively, not to mention this shit has been going on for a while now.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's just as bad if not worse than Forza cashgrabbing and you brush it off as inoffensive, whatever homie. Slap a Microsoft Studios logo on to GT6 and you'd be calling for the uprising over this.

DMK_sl

shitlord
That's not fanboying anything, you people are retarded and jump on anything. GT6's is stupid, for sure, but it's far from the first and far from the worst.

My comment was mostly toward people acting like this is something new when it was posted that other games were doing it just days ago and far more offensively, not to mention this shit has been going on for a while now.
Cmon dude. If this was Microsoft you'd be the first to point out how outrageous it is.