The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Sean_sl

shitlord
It's just as bad if not worse than Forza cashgrabbing and you brush it off as inoffensive, whatever homie. Slap a Microsoft Studios logo on to GT6 and you'd be calling for the uprising over this.
No, GT6 and Forza's are not even remotely comparable. You can earn every single thing in GT6 in game. Forzarequiresyou to buy a shitload of DLC for many of the best cars.

So yeah, you're an *idiot* if you think they're comparable.

I am consistent, I rarely ever bitch about stuff that you can obtain 100% in-game, but also has pay-for options. There's actually quite a few games with that shit, even AC4 Black Flag has it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just vote with your wallet and don't buy these games.. I mean, half the consumers aren't even going to know about this, but us informed gamers can vote and should. Xboner ,Swaystation, no matter the console.

iannis

Musty Nester
I saw my first Xbro commercial.

"XBOX, RECORD THAT" x5 was the entire commercial.

Its strange to me that for some people this is apparently a selling point. Or at least Microsoft thinks it is enough of one to make a commercial out of it.

If you talk about your xbone in the same room that your xbone is in does it get paranoid and delete all your saves?

Lenwen

Silver Squire
While having microtransactions is bad, the way it was set up in forza can't really be compared to gt's model. Gt doesn't push microtransactions anywhere in game, and the actual economy of the game is unchanged. The credit packs they are selling is equivalent to those "timesaver" dlc packs they sell in jrpgs.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Here you go:

Eurogamer's Martin Robinson has been playing the game and he says GT6's economy works exactly the same as GT5's, with progression, payouts and car prices very similar.
You are gifted cars as before, credits are as easy to come by as always, and you are never prompted to buy credits.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This new trend blows. Back in my day we had cheat codes to get everything, now the cheat code is your credit card number.

Sean_sl

shitlord
This new trend blows. Back in my day we had cheat codes to get everything, now the cheat code is your credit card number.
The absolute fucking worst thing in games now a days is ones that have a bunch of cool "cheats" you can unlock by completing stuff, but turn off Saving if you use them no matter how silly or cool they are, even if they don't really affect balance. That's just bullshit. If you're going to have unlockable stuff let me use it in the damn game and still progress, otherwise I'll never fucking touch them.

Like AC4 has one that turns your crew into skeletons, but you can't actuallyplaythe game with it. It's so dumb.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So are people still getting achievements/trophies when they "buy" completion like this? That's so stupid.

Sean_sl

shitlord
So are people still getting achievements/trophies when they "buy" completion like this? That's so stupid.
Yeah, people can buy their way through a game, but I can't progress with a code to turn my crew into skeletons, which was unlocked by completing a bunch of in-game challenges.

Fucking bullshit.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I blame FTP mmos. Fucking assholes.
I blame any organization that makes F2P mobile games - and any other organization like EA that thought it was adoptable in Dead Space 3. I also hate the fact that it is in AC4. Even though I will never use it. And unless I do not see the higher level reward ships, to get resources I still need to take out about 4 ships to get the same amount of metal which would cost me $.99 on a microtransaction. So it's fairly obvious a little bit of the balance of those resources were skewed. Still love the game and I do not mind it because I can pirate ships all day long, but still...

All of us need to stop buying that microtransaction shit.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shrug.. I could care less as long as it's ignorable... All of X that have unique playing effects can be gotten by play or purchase? Fine by me.

Purchase only? Fuck that.

Cosmetic stuff is fine though.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I think this really started in World of Warcraft. They started to introduce purchased pets and mounts... that spelled the end and lots of other games have adopted it since then.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
GT6's are pretty inoffensive compared to Forza 5's. That shit is pure insanity.
So $120 for one car is "inoffensive" because it's on Playstation?

No, GT6 and Forza's are not even remotely comparable. You can earn every single thing in GT6 in game. Forzarequiresyou to buy a shitload of DLC for many of the best cars.
No Forza does not. You can earn every fucking car in Forza through playing the goddamn game. Not to mention they've made a bunch of changes to Forza already.

All VIP members get the best grand prix car in the game, for free. All December long they're giving out credit rewards just for playing the game. I've gotten like 3 million+ so far just for doing things you'd normally do.

They gave everyone who bought the Limited Edition any car that was available on disc, also for free.

The only way it's different from GT6 is that you don't get rewarded cars anymore, but a lot of Forza purists prefer it the way they're doing it now anyway.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I think this really started in World of Warcraft. They started to introduce purchased pets and mounts... that spelled the end and lots of other games have adopted it since then.
I would disagree. That's cosmetic and none of that is needed. It's just funny to have or people are trying to be unique. Now if they nerfed some type of token system so there would only be one drop every 4 days, and then sold a ten pack of those for $25.00, it would be different. Ubisoft is coming pretty close to doing this with Black Flag and ship upgrades/resources needed.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If the game has micro transactions, it should be free. Its simple. If I pay $60 for a premium game, I dont want to see anything resembling micro transactions or anything of the sort. These fucking people think they can bend us over and fuck us twice. And even the reach around they charge a dollar per stroke.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
If the game has micro transactions, it should be free. Its simple. If I pay $60 for a premium game, I dont want to see anything resembling micro transactions or anything of the sort. These fucking people think they can bend us over and fuck us twice. And even the reach around they charge a dollar per stroke.
What does it matter if you can play the game and get everything that the microtransactions offer? I don't really give a shit, as long as I can earn it all in-game and it's not intrusive in the UI, etc.