The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Value on rerolled?? /excuse me while I spit out my coffee. That might be the funniest thing posted all week.

This place is dead as shit. You nerds should be lucky we even grace this board.
Responding to my implications of you being a rage comic caricature with an even more over the top one. Classic.

The use of the royal "we" is awesome too - are you dining on caviar and crumpets while posting? I find monocles a chore to wear while posting myself.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So I'm seeing a few games listed as released on DEC 31 2014 on amazons site. Is this accurate or just a place holder? Witcher 3, The Division and The Order:1886 being 3 I checked.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
They tried to screw over the game with a cash shop by inflating the cost of in game purchases so high that it would be unrealistic
No. The in-game prices are the same now as they were the day the game came out. The sale was a temporary one. The prices are pretty accurate anyway. GTR is $100k'ish in-game credits, the LeFerrari was $1.4 million the Veyron was $2.2 million.

They didn't permanently slash any in-game car prices at all.

I am focusing in on Forza 5 because there is a lot of backlash from the community which you are ignoring
I'm not ignoring shit. I think it's overstated by people who do not own Xbox One's or Forza 5. People who haven't actually played it. Just looked at the in-game costs and the RMT costs and went HOLY FUCK $2K REAL LIFE MONEY TO OWN EVERY CAR.

I've played it for like six hours and own tons of cars, none of which I paid RL money for. In fact all of my favorite cars I already own. Go figure.

I also only started commenting on it because the true fanboys in this thread dismissed GT6's RMT because you can play the game and get the cars while bitching about Forza's even though you can fuckingplay the game and get the goddamn cars.

Jesus read what people are saying across the internet. It's universal.
Who gives a fuck what other people think? If I worried about that I'd own a PS4 like you do. I don't give a fuck, I buy and play what I fucking enjoy and I speak of my own mind not just blindly follow the usually uninformed masses.

Vaclav

So I'm seeing a few games listed as released on DEC 31 2014 on amazons site. Is this accurate or just a place holder? Witcher 3, The Division and The Order:1886 being 3 I checked.
The Order is early Q2 last I heard.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't think they would ever want to release a game right after Christmas, you can almost guarantee they would push for a one week earlier delivery for Christmas. Those are definitely placeholder dates.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
No. The in-game prices are the same now as they were the day the game came out. The sale was a temporary one. The prices are pretty accurate anyway. GTR is $100k'ish in-game credits, the LeFerrari was $1.4 million the Veyron was $2.2 million.

They didn't permanently slash any in-game car prices at all.

I'm not ignoring shit. I think it's overstated by people who do not own Xbox One's or Forza 5. People who haven't actually played it. Just looked at the in-game costs and the RMT costs and went HOLY FUCK $2K REAL LIFE MONEY TO OWN EVERY CAR.

I've played it for like six hours and own tons of cars, none of which I paid RL money for. In fact all of my favorite cars I already own. Go figure.

I also only started commenting on it because the true fanboys in this thread dismissed GT6's RMT because you can play the game and get the cars while bitching about Forza's even though you can fuckingplay the game and get the goddamn cars.

Who gives a fuck what other people think? If I worried about that I'd own a PS4 like you do. I don't give a fuck, I buy and play what I fucking enjoy and I speak of my own mind not just blindly follow the usually uninformed masses.
You're an angry guy. I think it's time for you to go to the fairgrounds and find a new driver's ed student.

My point still stands. I am right, (Along with everyone else) and you are wrong. I won't derail the thread any more with your shenanigans.

If GT6 is the same way for PS4, or Drive, I will bitch just as loudly.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
My point still stands.
I suppose.

Gifting cars for level or series wouldn't work well with the smaller list of cars. They would easily be giving away a third of the cars.

Manufacturer affinity exists. It's better. Instead of cheaper upgrades it increases payout in races.

You also get more money for leveling up.

The storefront isn't in place yet. It's not a feature they took out. It's a feature that they are trying to put in. Who knows maybe 5's will be better than 4's.

They also have on their rewards program which is a way to redeem gameplay for not only your current efforts in 5 but previous games. I was at tier 3 for basically how much I had played in Horizon's and 5 and redeemed 3 million in 5. Plus Drivatars payouts (3-4k a day for me).

The base payout without any other income makes it seem like a grind. But in reality money comes in so quickly. Within 3 series (and ignoring the 3 million I haven't spent) I have purchased almost 600k in cars and their auto upgrades (2 Ferrari's) and had an extra 80k. That's with me being a terribad driver that's using a about a +20% settings between handicaps and drivatar levels.

Free Play no longer allows you to drive any car in the game. Before, while some cars were quite expensive, it didn't stop people from the enjoyment of driving them if they wanted to. You just wouldn't own the car, couldn't customize it or race it in career. This was a fantastic compromise, as you could test drive anything you wanted and even if you couldn't afford an expensive car you really liked, you could still get to experience it out on-track. With that gone, it really pushes at the car collector types to pay real money.

Some one explain this. It's been brought up before. They allow you to drive any car, but they call it renting the car. They do that because unlike before free play increases your driver level and affinity. So by doing that they basically say driving a P1 you don't own won't help you in SP or MP. How is that not letting you drive a car. It's great because you can "rent" two cars that you might want next and get to try them out before you buy one.

From this thread:

Your thoughts on In-Game-Purchases after paying $60? - Page 4 - [H]ard|Forum

Way more about how the complaints about Forza 5 are FUD. I doubt you'll read it though, since you're not interested in facts just hyperbole.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Way more about how the complaints about Forza 5 are FUD. I doubt you'll read it though, since you're not interested in facts just hyperbole.
Your thoughts on In-Game-Purchases after paying $60? - [H]ard|Forum

Here start with Page 1. I read the entire thing. Not just the shill trying to wipe the egg off the face of Turn 10's face. (Although it was Microsoft that wanted it the way it was. So not really Turn 10's fault - they cannot say no to their publisher)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If amazon doesn't have a definite time frame, they grasp at the closest thing they have. In this case, they know Witcher is Coming in 2014, so the last possible day that would be is December 31st. It's a place holder date.

If you look up Watch Dogs, it's June 30th. That's because it is going to come out "in the spring", and that's the last possible day of spring.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Your thoughts on In-Game-Purchases after paying $60? - [H]ard|Forum

Here start with Page 1. I read the entire thing. Not just the shill trying to wipe the egg off the face of Turn 10's face. (Although it was Microsoft that wanted it the way it was. So not really Turn 10's fault - they cannot say no to their publisher)
I did read the entire thing, did you see this post?

DarkLegacy_sl said:
I'm very much enjoying the new system in Forza. The earlier games came off as way to easy to progress in. Cars were literally handed to you as you progressed throughout the game. The only times I needed to purchase a car was for achievements or manufacturer specific events/races. If I chose to bother with them since you could skip those events entirely. A lot of the Forza veterans are favoring the change. The only ones complaining were those that just want to plow through the game in record time or weren't very good in the game to begin with :p.

Forza.jpg

I have a GT one as well to show that I play both franchises :p.

GranTurismo.jpg
Oh it's on page 2 and doesn't agree with your stance, probably missed it. My bad.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Exactly what I said was wrong with their store.

Holy shit dude. Are you serious? Just admit when you are wrong and move the fuck on. They tried to screw over the game with a cash shop by inflating the cost of in game purchases so high that it would be unrealistic and then pointed to the cash shop to circumvent. Similar to SWTOR making it such a pain in the ass to play free to play that one is forced to subscribe or get nickle and dimed to death in the cash shop.

They are now adjusting prices because that gimmick didn't work.

Capiche?

If GT6 or whatever the hell it is is doing this as well, they are just as bad. I am focusing in on Forza 5 because there is a lot of backlash from the community which you are ignoring instead of fanboi'ing the hell out of Forza 5 and throwing your hands up to your ears like the gaming public isn't pissed off. Jesus read what people are saying across the internet. It's universal. Quit trying to defend it, and move on.
If anything GT6 is the opposite problem, the in-game currency costs so much cash, it's easier to just grind it in the game... (which is no different than it was racing the test track for cash in say.. grand turismo 2)

Vaclav

Gauge: While the new grindier system appeals to the hardcore's, the much greater number of nonhardcore people see harder to earn currency with a RMT shortcut.

For the people that want to play it as a lifestyle it might not matter or be good - butfor people that want to play it lightly and eenjoy it fully its 'pay or sit in the back of the bus'

And again MOST PEOPLE AREN'T HARDCORE.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Gauge: While the new grindier system appeals to the hardcore's, the much greater number of nonhardcore people see harder to earn currency with a RMT shortcut.
Except it really isn't that hard to earn. You can get over a million credits by doing 3 or 4 series races in your career. Again, most of the articles and FUD were based on base payout but there is a lot of other ways you get credits besides base payout. You earn DRIVATAR credits, you earn rewards credits, you earn manufacturer affinity credits, etc etc etc.

All the posters saying it's impossible to buy the cars in the game by playing the game, even in a casual fashion, have simply NOT PLAYED THE FUCKING GAME.

I, on the other hand, have.

but for people that want to play it lightly and enjoy it fully its 'pay or sit in the back of the bus'
Again, completely false.

The only way your statement could even be construed to contain any fact is if someone wanted to power the game on, start their career and buy the best F1 car or a Veyron or something without ever doing anything else. However I don't have any problem with some of the best cars being the most expensive and therefore taking some time to acquire.

Vaclav

I've read that Lotus under best case scenario was achievable in about 3 hrs in Forza 4 and the person in question had grinded for 20 hrs and still not gotten enough to afford it yet. Are you claiming that such inflation to costs or deflation in payout did not occur?

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Sure, but the Lotus 21 is the most expensive car in the entire fucking game. It's easily 2x or 3x more expensive than even the other F1 cars. So are we talking about attaining cars by playing the game or getting the most expensive fucking car in the game, everything else be damned. I'm pretty sure they made it so expensive to make buying VIP/LE more appealing anyway and every game company adds shit to make their Limited Editions more enticing.

Fadaar

That guy
Except it really isn't that hard to earn. You can get over a million credits by doing 3 or 4 series races in your career. Again, most of the articles and FUD were based on base payout but there is a lot of other ways you get credits besides base payout. You earn DRIVATAR credits, you earn rewards credits, you earn manufacturer affinity credits, etc etc etc.

All the posters saying it's impossible to buy the cars in the game by playing the game, even in a casual fashion, have simply NOT PLAYED THE FUCKING GAME.

I, on the other hand, have.

Again, completely false.

The only way your statement could even be construed to contain any fact is if someone wanted to power the game on, start their career and buy the best F1 car or a Veyron or something without ever doing anything else. However I don't have any problem with some of the best cars being the most expensive and therefore taking some time to acquire.
Not a fan of the Veyron in game honestly. Much prefer the better handling super cars.