The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't wait to hear about all the features the second best console of the next generation has.

Fuya_sl

shitlord
The fanboyism in the comment section of that gametrail link by them calling Sony a winner before even seeing what the other console as to offer is naive. For all they know Microsoft has cloned Kate Upton and you get one to do what you please packaged in with the console. It's like I'm back in 8th grade again arguing over how the Sega Genesis will destroy the Super NES and never once actually playing or even seeing what the Super NES could do.

These are probably the same people claiming the Wii U will destroy all other consoles once this (insert game) is released. All those other games that was said to be the one doesn't count.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fuya: After this generation with 360's feature set requiring the extra bucks and proneness to RROD I think people are extra leery with what the next X will be - I certainly know I am.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I thought PGR was already expected for some reason.

Also, vgleaks saysSony Indiaaccidently posted a basic PS4 SKU @ $399EU/US, and ahandful of siteshave been reposting this rumor:

It seems the latest info has leaked out regarding the Xbox Now! system, and it shows that the specs for Now! are even higher then previous rumors claimed!

We are almost at the big event date of May 21st, when under the big tent that Microsoft has setup, we will learn all about the new Xbox Now! console, and just ahead of that event some more information has leaked out, showing that the specs. are very nice.

* There is now a full 12 gigabytes of high-speed RAM in the new Xbox Now! console, unlike the previous rumors of only 8gb.
* To be precise, there is 4gb GDDR5 on the GPU and 8gb GDDR5 on the 8-Core IBM custom CPU.
* The GPU is the first GCN 2.0 GPU produced and was designed by special team of MS+IBM+AMD.
* Eric from IBM will be a speaker on the 21st. with more info like the fact the GPU specs. are a mindblogging 4.9 TFlops.

http://www.xboxnow.com

Fuya_sl

shitlord
I've had two PS1's fail on me and two PS2's, but that didn't stop me from purchasing the PS3. The fact it was a blueray player with the ability for the firmware to be updated and Sony's first party titles is why I still purchased it. As I stated in an earlier post... I had three Xbox 360s go bad on me and the difference between the PS and Xbox was Microsoft paid for my replacements. Sony never did that for any of my playstations. I still remember calling Sony up in 1996 asking them about replacing my PS1 and Sony wanted me to ship it to them, pay 60 dollars and wait two weeks. I was already past the return date so I had to either pay for the repair or buy a new one. Microsoft shipped me a new Xbox in two days along with a return label to send the dead Xbox back. If anyone should be leery of system failure it should be me with Sony consoles, but I'm not because the PS3 has worked flawlessly. I'm pretty positive that one big issue to come up is the failure rate Microsoft expects to have. That subject even came up when Microsoft introduced the new model Xbox 360. Some how people forget that Sony doesn't have a perfect track record either. Oh and just for the record, not a single Nintendo console of mine has ever stopped working.

I will completely agree that what Microsoft does with Live gold membership as being horrible. Having to pay to play online or to even watch Netflix, which is a separate service, is asinine at best. If Microsoft continues to keep this retarded way of doing online service then I hope they like being in a distant second place. Until Microsoft announces what their plan is I will continue to be optimistic of what the future Live gold membership holds.

Once Microsoft shows what they have planned for the new system I might come on and say what I think about it. You have to remember that I defended Sony back on the FoH board when rumor was spreading about the PS4 only have 4 gigs of ram and how it will not play used games.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I think I might just get a new PC this generation and have my Wii U for my Nintendo fix. That and I have my 3DS which has really kicked up lately.

Just don't see the point when I'm on my PC like 90% of the time anyway.

PS4 in a few years will be tempting, though, simply for Naughty Dog games.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty damn excited to see what MS has come up with. XBL back in 2005 was a gamechanger for the console scene. As someone who doesn't get too excited about exclusives (ms or Sony), I'm really interested in what these next gen boxes offer on top of the games.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
So, if what meStevo posted is true. The Xbox will have a different custom chip from IBM and AMD with 8 GB of DDR5 memory dedicated to the CPU and 4 GB dedicated to the GPU? That's insane for a console.

If that is true.

maybe time to buy some AMD stock. They have the chip in millions of potential consoles and their stock is cheap.

Sean_sl

shitlord
So, if what meStevo posted is true. The Xbox will have a different custom chip from IBM and AMD with 8 GB of DDR5 memory dedicated to the CPU and 4 GB dedicated to the GPU? That's insane for a console.

If that is true.

maybe time to buy some AMD stock. They have the chip in millions of potential consoles and their stock is cheap.
What that leak he posted describes goes against just about every single other leak and also sounds prohibitively expensive and far-fetched. MS would likely be selling at a massive loss even with a $500 base SKU there. It'd be nice if the next Xbox is much more powerful than we previously thought, but I'm not holding my breath there.

Guess we'll see in a few more hours.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
I'm still expecting it to come in slightly under the PS4 in terms of raw power. Which is fine. I'm more interested in what these boxes offer me in terms of a complete experience.

Higher resolution and more effects aren't enough for me anymore, if that's all I cared about I would just keep my gaming pc upgraded every year or so.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Something from Microsoft that streams the download of their OS now and yet they can't handle a few nerds on xbox.com ......

Yup totally going to need at least 30 mirrors, because those mirrors will go down and xbox.com will still be up ....