The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Boobietastles_sl

shitlord
RUMOR: Sony E3 Conference Details Leaked: Uncharted, The Order, Guerrilla and more

2014-05-0719_55_41-ru11og2.png

"The source also mentioned that the following publishers will be on stage: Rockstar (with Grand Theft Auto), Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, Konami, Capcom, Warner Bros, Activision, Square Enix, Take Two.

(Update: our source followed up saying that he's actually not 100% sure if Rockstar will actually be on stage or Sony will just announce the next generation Ground Theft Auto V on their behalf)

There will also big titles announced for the Instant Game Collection, a segment on Project Morpheus, one on the Sony Entertainment Network and a re-introduction of PlayStation Now. Price drops will also be unveiled for the PS3 and PS Vita.

We'll also see several smaller-scale, downloadable titles. PS Vita Vita will get some attention, but not much - as it'll be a PS4 show. PS3 will get a montage and few new titles. Finally, the show will close with a teaser of a sequel of The Last of Us.

Again, everything mentioned above should be taken with the skepticism usually reserved to rumors, but much of it is so specific that it's hard to completely disbelieve it. Unfortunately we'll have to wait for June to see if everything will check out, but one thing is for sure: Personally I really hope it will, because if this is really what Sony's presser will look like, we're in for a real treat."

Szlia

I bought a PS3 expecting to play The Last Guardian on it... I plan to buy a PS4 so I will not be too pissed off if this becomes PS4 only, but still it's not too cool. That said, at this point, any release would be good. We've been waiting 7 years for this thing.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition Details Announced - IGN

pretty shitty of Sony imo, PS+ version will be one location (India), 11 tracks, 10 cars and access to every game mode. $60 version will be five locations, 55 tracks, 50 cars and all 50 tour events. That seems like a pretty big difference.
Odd, had read elsewhere you were going to get to pick the continent but you were locked to one continent with the PS+ edition. (India is probably the most interesting though, never heard of India race areas)

spronk

FPS noob
this months free ps4 game is stick it to the man, and i gotta say i'm really enjoying it. i recently also got infamous second son and I think I'm having more fun in stick man

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
How much would releasing Ultra on PS4 / Vita extend the life of the game? Ultra is going to give it a little more life but SFIV is already pushing, what, 6 years? Not that I want it to go away nor think it needs to. Simply a question about the plans for SFV.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Vita wouldn't extend it's life by very much if at all, but it would be a nice alternative. SF x Tekken was already implemented into the vita, and their engines are very similar so it's not like they would be starting from scratch.
The PS4 is the only thing that will extend it in the long run if they expect to keep milking SF4 in the future, I doubt we will even hear of or see a SF5 for at the very least another 3 years so they'll want to keep milking their poster child game for as long as they can.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Has their been any additional news about the PlayStation Virtual Reality headset thing yet? Or any real news at all aside from the fact that they're developing it.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Has their been any additional news about the PlayStation Virtual Reality headset thing yet? Or any real news at all aside from the fact that they're developing it.
Just that there will be more at E3 and it is the reason you can't turn off the lights on controllers.

Szlia

I went back and checked Capcom's catalog to see what old franchise they could revive for the PS4 and I think the only AAA candidates are Onimusha and Okami. There is a number of possibilities for smaller/downloadable games though. Shooters like Area 88, the 1942 serie or Gun Smoke. Or 2D action games like Chip & Dale / Mickey (need to rebuy rights though), Snow Bros or Ghost & Goblins (they made a PSP game a few years back, that costed me a PSP). There is the option of 2D fighters like Dark Stalkers or brawlers like Final Fight too.