The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Did PS4 price go up? I thought it was the cheaper console. Xbox one is 399 and PS4 is 449 now at walmart in Canada.
Price didn't go up. I think Walmart is just charging more because people will pay it.

As far as it being a cheaper console, it was. Now that Xbox One has removed the Kinect from the box, they are the same price.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
At 449 the thought of just going for a hundred more or two so i can refresh my PC seems more tempting. Hard decision haed. Then again, i get the side bonus of a ps4 being able to lay back in the living room and have blueray movies etc.
Think am more a gamer who enjoys being in his bubble with headset on and playing on a desktop. Being on the couch with no headphones would give too many excuses for my gf to come disturb me.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Did PS4 price go up? I thought it was the cheaper console. Xbox one is 399 and PS4 is 449 now at walmart in Canada.
When the CDN $$ droped to .90 they added 10% to the price, now that the dollar is back to .94 they... did nothing.

Devlin

Golden Squire
At 449 the thought of just going for a hundred more or two so i can refresh my PC seems more tempting. Hard decision haed. Then again, i get the side bonus of a ps4 being able to lay back in the living room and have blueray movies etc.
Think am more a gamer who enjoys being in his bubble with headset on and playing on a desktop. Being on the couch with no headphones would give too many excuses for my gf to come disturb me.
Then plug in some headphones and sit on the couch?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
according to German stock market magazine boerse online, these are the total numbers sold in Germany so far.

Xbone: 170,000
PS4: 540,000

disclaimer: I only own a 360.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Mine will be here on Weds even though it's been at the FedEx facility the next town over since Saturday. Thanks Obama.
Hearing the rage of all the console bros getting owned will be worth the price alone. hahaha

Column_sl

shitlord
How does that work tho? Arent you still tied into the sensitivity of the game itself.

So your mouse is going to be lagging to catch up because even the top turn speed is still slower then a mouse since it was set to work with a controller.

Even a little lag on a mouse feels awful.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How does that work tho? Arent you still tied into the sensitivity of the game itself.

So your mouse is going to be lagging to catch up because even the top turn speed is still slower then a mouse since it was set to work with a controller.

Even a little lag on a mouse feels awful.
AFAIK they have figured something out to over-ride the default sensitivity in these games. At least that's what I thought the huge draw was. So you can have PC like sensitivity, and all that goes with it, but on a console.

From their site:

Xim4.com_sl said:
Through Smart Translators, XIM is able to provide unparalleled mouse precision unachievable by any other gaming adapter available. The problem is simple: when the mouse moves, equivalent reticle movement on the screen should occur (i.e. 1-to-1 movement). This is the obvious result that all PC-gamers expect. But, before the creation of Smart Translators, was not possible on consoles. Every console shooter has its own unique aiming system that governs how the game controls and feels to the gamer. Every game is different as they all have different stick dead-zones and geometries, variable sensitivity and acceleration regions, asymmetric sensitivity, non-linear movement, and more. Be cautious of any console mouse adapter that claims ?PC-feel? without talking about how it solves all these challenges. XIM?s Smart Translators is the only comprehensive solution for the entire aiming system problem. Click here to see the expanding list of games with XIM Smart Translator support.
125 bucks for that thing?
Yep, brand new one, and works with all 4 consoles. (360, ps3, ps4, and xbone)

Column_sl

shitlord
AFAIK they have figured something out to over-ride the default sensitivity in these games. At least that's what I thought the huge draw was. So you can have PC like sensitivity, and all that goes with it, but on a console.
I wonder how they are doing that because that over rides the setting in the game itself. If it runs like an app in the background wouldn't that trigger any anti cheat software on a server?

In other words your game is only set to turn so fast based off the settings of the controller in the game. That piece of hardware would have to tell the game those setting do not exist, and let me turn as fast as I want.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
If you can't compete, cheat!

Interested to hear the feedback from those of you who got it though.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I wonder how they are doing that because that over rides the setting in the game itself. If it runs like an app in the background wouldn't that trigger any anti cheat software on a server?

In other words your game is only set to turn so fast based off the settings of the controller in the game. That piece of hardware would have to tell the game those setting do not exist, and let me turn as fast as I want.
I dunno how they do it, but from what people say they can turn faster with a mouse than with a controller at the highest settings. I'm hoping they become more popular this generation and someone brings the price below $50, making it such that FPS servers are full of people with them.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Mine will be here on Weds even though it's been at the FedEx facility the next town over since Saturday. Thanks Obama.
Do you play Warframe? (PS4 version ) Can you run around in it and let me know how it handles? I'm holding of on pulling the trigger on one until I know it works. Would really like to hear from you or anyone who is currently using on on the PS4.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
YEa too bad, ill keep an eye out for them tho.

Think am sold on a ps4. Ill just be patient some more and hope for a slight price drop. 450 in Canada is just a tiny bit too much for me atm.