The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Does anyone know if they plan on releasing a PS4 Bundle with The Crew? I see it's hitting shelves this week and that's just enough to get me to buy one if the game get's good feedback.

spronk

FPS noob
stay far away from the crew it is beyond awful, filled with micro transactions and terrible, terrible graphics and the story is full retard. they have also embargo'd reviews until after release, so that should tell you something. Its going to make Assassins Creed Unity look like a polished masterpiece.

tons of ps4 deals going on now until end of the year, right now you can buy on the sony store the gta/tlou or lbp3/lego bundle and get $50 off if you pay with paypal. target is gonna be running some deals where you get a free game in 2 weeks. the xbox one deals are better by a lot though, some of them have been ridiculous like people getting a refurb one with kinect and 4 games including any new game (like GTA5 or Dragon Age 3) for $329 straight from microsoft store.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll give Microsoft SOME credit, they've clearly been scrambling to play catchup... Sony seems to be resting on it's laurels right now, not really doing anything good, I think the only advantage the ps4 has at this point are a few indie titles, but that's a very meh feature...My ps4 is essentially just a netflix box right now.

And yes, the ps4 has the stronger hardware, but casuals dgaf about that, seems like a lot of codbros are all jumping on the xbox 1 bandwagon this Christmas at work.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Buy Xbox One Assassin's Creed Unity Bundle - Microsoft Store

Ha! $329.00. Unity, Black Flag, and a 3rd free game of your choosing.

And I still won't buy one.

They also should have someone with a pulse working in their marketing department. Let's see... I get Unity for free, but also it is one of the limited game selections I can choose from for free.

So basically Unity sucks, we have all played Black Flag, and the Halo Remastered edition is a buggy mess - so unless you like Soccer, the only two games out of there would be DA:I and Far Cry 4. And if anyone bought Unity on PC, they are getting Far Cry 4 for free anyway as an apology from Ubisoft.

spronk

FPS noob
Only people who bought a season pass are getting FC4 for free, and thats on any platform. I can't imagine a ton of people bought the season pass.

Microsoft is kicking Sony's ass hard this winter, we'll see hard numbers soon but some phone surveys seem to indicate Microsoft got around 50-60% of the console sales market during BF weekend and Sony around 25%. Thats a pretty insane ass raping.

spronk

FPS noob
also this friday is the video game awards, no longer on spike but being streamed around and shit. and this weekend is the playstation experience in vegas (both same location), sort of a fan faire for Playstation. Should be a lot of news and announcements out of both, lotta rumors of some new Playstation exclusives.

edit: if anyone wants to attend the video game awards, it'll be at Planet Hollywood in the Axis Theater from 5pm - 8pm this friday in las vegas. PM me and I'll tell you how to get on the guest list for free attendance, need to be 18+ (no kids).

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Microsoft is certainly going to do well this Christmas there are a lot of 360 hold outs now interested because of their price cuts. Plus actual games.

Maybe next gen Microsoft won't squander their advantage at the start like this one.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Most folks who I know who got an Xbone this year already had a PS4.

For Middle class gaming nerds with disposable income....$300 is not much of a barrier of entry when it comes with 3 games.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Most folks who I know who got an Xbone this year already had a PS4.

For Middle class gaming nerds with disposable income....$300 is not much of a barrier of entry when it comes with 3 games.
Yup, the few holdouts among my friends are now convinced there's a new SKU in a smaller form factor coming sooner rather than later because of the press earlier in the year about smaller chips in development. I still think that's just business as usual and years away though.

spronk

FPS noob
The bundle ut linked is pretty goddamn amazing and back in stock (1-2 week ship though)
Buy Xbox One Assassin's Creed Unity Bundle - Microsoft Store

add Halo, DA3, or Far Cry 4 and get a console for $330 plus 3 amazing games. PLUS you can apply a $100 discount for doing the trade in, right now you can do the trade in online and get the coupon instantly and apply it, not really sure what happens if you don't send in the 360 (kinda shady shit lol)
Microsoft Store $100 trade in coupon offer

if I didn't buy the sunset overdrive white bundle I'd be all over it. Thats a price you won't beat in 2015, even if I barely touch it, it's a good backup gaming system. hell I talked myself into it, i'm gonna buy one as a gift and one as a spare.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Id get it but the Xbox exclusives don't appeal to me. The new halo is a mess and most if the other stuff I'd on pc or sucks. The ps exclusives have all been excellent and far superior so far. We'll see if that continues.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Id get it but the Xbox exclusives don't appeal to me. The new halo is a mess and most if the other stuff I'd on pc or sucks. The ps exclusives have all been excellent and far superior so far. We'll see if that continues.
Yep. Agreed. Halo most definitely sucks in it's current form with multiplayer not working, Unity is a buggy uninspired mess (How does certification work these days now? I am not sure how ANY of them could have gotten passed certification - if that process actually even exists any longer) and Black Flag already has been played to death, and better, on my PS4 in true 1080p.

Not really seeing why I need an Xbone at this point given the games selection, and how anything I would want down the line will be better on my PS4 anyhow. Even at $330.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yep. Agreed. Halo most definitely sucks in it's current form with multiplayer not working, Unity is a buggy uninspired mess (How does certification work these days now? I am not sure how ANY of them could have gotten passed certification - if that process actually even exists any longer) and Black Flag already has been played to death, and better, on my PS4 in true 1080p.

Not really seeing why I need an Xbone at this point given the games selection, and how anything I would want down the line will be better on my PS4 anyhow. Even at $330.
I agree with the Big UT here but if it drops below $300 I think I will snag it.

Also I will buy one for Noodleface since he loves sucking dicks for pleasure.

Ut would you get one if it was $200? Come on I know you would son. We could play Halo together if the servers are running while we talk about the time on Merlin we pwned some Hibs and albs at Emain.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Ut would you get one if it was $200? Come on I know you would son. We could play Halo together if the servers are running while we talk about the time on Merlin we pwned some Hibs and albs at Emain.
But I played DAOC on Bedevere
frown.png
Defenders of Midgard remember?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
stay far away from the crew it is beyond awful, filled with micro transactions and terrible, terrible graphics and the story is full retard. they have also embargo'd reviews until after release, so that should tell you something. Its going to make Assassins Creed Unity look like a polished masterpiece.

tons of ps4 deals going on now until end of the year, right now you can buy on the sony store the gta/tlou or lbp3/lego bundle and get $50 off if you pay with paypal. target is gonna be running some deals where you get a free game in 2 weeks. the xbox one deals are better by a lot though, some of them have been ridiculous like people getting a refurb one with kinect and 4 games including any new game (like GTA5 or Dragon Age 3) for $329 straight from microsoft store.
The Crew being horrible makes me sad in the pantalones.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
But I played DAOC on Bedevere
frown.png
Defenders of Midgard remember?
ah shit ya I was in Prophecy with the Ascent fellas ran by Thun. I just remember you yelling constantly (in yell and forums at that mythic twat) about Mark Jacobs and the game. Shit was funny as hell.

The Crew being horrible makes me sad in the pantalones.
Well my buddy I am game sharing with bought it so I get it for free :p

I'll let you know if it's cool or not.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

To be honest, if people like it then so be it. My Sean impression is not so good.

I will never buy one though. I've been a Sony man since I bought PSX and Xbox (original).