The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
da fuq is going on in this thread
Column being Column - I'm done feeding this nonsense though, since he's apparently clueless. I initially thought there might be some insight to be gained that he might be more familiar with than I, but I see that was overly optimistic.

Column_sl

shitlord
If one gives you a credit limit raise that doubles your limit and reports it immediately - and another does the same but waits 3 months to report it - which one is going to improve credit quicker?
Who the fuck does that anyway? I think I asked for limit raises 4 times in my life...

You act like the credit card companies raise your limit every month lol

Column_sl

shitlord
Column being Column - I'm done feeding this nonsense though, since he's apparently clueless. I initially thought there might be some insight to be gained that he might be more familiar with than I, but I see that was overly optimistic.
From the guy who is struggling with credit at 40...

Vaclav

Who the fuck does that anyway? I think I asked for limit raises 4 times in my life...
I already got a raise on one of mine already, without asking for it... I'm sure I could ask them to undo it, but beneficial to have more available so...

"Struggling"? I've gone from 620 -> 670 in three months - current trajectory I'll have "good" credit by the end of summer with 9 months of working on it.

Column_sl

shitlord
I already got a raise on one of mine already, without asking for it... I'm sure I could ask them to undo it, but beneficial to have more available so...
Thats because your credit score is so low anything ups it. That shit doesnt happen all the time, in fact you will get to a point where you will have to request a limit raise, and provide them with information on why you need it,

Struggling"? I've gone from 620 -> 670 in three months - current trajectory I'll have "good" credit by the end of summer with 9 months of working on it.
At your age that is nothing to brag about, that's something you want to keep to yourself imo

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
rrr_img_92789.png

Vaclav

I'm not bragging you retard - I'm stating my progress, you said I was struggling - I'm making steady upwards progress. And fine on limits, but when you were working up credit as I am, it's a relevant point. But back to ignore with you before I end up in Retard Rehab from these stupid tangents you love.

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm not bragging you retard - I'm stating my progress, you said I was struggling - I'm making steady upwards progress. And fine on limits, but when you were working up credit as I am, it's a relevant point. But back to ignore with you before I end up in Retard Rehab from these stupid tangents you love.
Goodbye Sweetheart!

Vaclav

Back on topic - anyone tried using a projector with PS4 and had good success? Debating a projector for the house to get me familiar with using them, since they're likely something I'll incorporate into some other plans down the line - but curious how the end up functioning with PS4 as well as any downsides.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looking at a curved Samsung I dunno I think dazeual said projector was nice.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Back on topic - anyone tried using a projector with PS4 and had good success? Debating a projector for the house to get me familiar with using them, since they're likely something I'll incorporate into some other plans down the line - but curious how the end up functioning with PS4 as well as any downsides.
No clue but if be curious to hear the results of you go that way.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I fucking love my projector, you just have to be able to control lighting. Nothing some blackout curtains can't usually handle.

Plus side is my screen is fucking huge and there is very little latency with projectors.

I actually have this one -Amazon.com: Optoma HD141X Full 3D 1080p 3000 Lumen DLP Home Theater Projector with MHL Enabled HDMI Port: Office Products

Was cheaper and works well for me, make sure if you're buying a projector to head over tohttp://www.projectorcentral.com/proj...calculator.cfmand check the distance you need for your screen size. The BenQ has a better color wheel and has come down in price since I bought mine.

Vaclav

Yea, that's one of the ones on my other options - forget if it was #2/3 on the list I was reading but it was on there, but for 10% more a the "best" seemed more sensible for such a small price difference. The spot I'm considering has zero direct light but does have "heavy slat" style horizontal shades w/ no blackouts yet (although they could be added obviously) that let in minimal light (over on the wall we'd be using it's challenging to read without turning on a lamp)

But latency isn't really an issue at all with the ones at the $500-700 price point in your experience? That's my largest concern - especially for the potential business applications for them down the road. (I'm old and slow, customers - should I branch into video gaming as well would at least sometimes be young)

Also with all of them having limited HDMI's have you tried HDMI splitters with them? If so, have they worked? [because only 2 HDMI kinda sucks - splitters to effectively get it up to 4 would be a must for me]

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'm using my receiver and have my ps4/ps3/wiiu/360/computer all going into it, no problems at all. Latency is not an issue at all.

Eduleuq_sl

shitlord
Amazon.com: BenQ W1070 1080P 3D Home Theater Projector (White): Electronicsis reported elsewhere as being quite good. So if I do go out on a limb without anyone else weighing in here, that's probably what I'd be getting.
I've had that exact projector for about a year and a half. Its getting little dim now with 4300 hours on the lamp. I have a new one sitting here just haven't bothered installing it yet. New it was plenty watchable with the lights on and the windows open.

I'm more of a PC gamer, but I do own an XBone and haven't noticed a lot of latency in shooters and the like.

As far as HDMI inputs go, that is what home theater receivers are for. Odds are you aren't going to want to run more than one long HDMI cable anyway, they aren't cheap as the projector is usually on the opposite end of the room from your gear.

Vaclav

How much are the bulbs/lamps out of curiosity? And based on what you're saying probably about a year or two per bulb/lamp in a home setting? Probably more in my business setting though, but then again that's stuff to factor into overhead on that side.

Receiver is a good idea for home use - but wouldn't be applicable to business use as I'm envisioning things without a load of complication.

Vaclav

Oh and another projector question - got a pristine wall where I'd be using it at home, smooth and no imperfections I can see - how necessary is a screen when you've got a pristine white wall?