The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Mega Man Legacy Collection (1-6) out today!
If there is one series of games I don't need to try and replay to remind myself how old and bad at videogames I am now, it has got to be Mega Man. Ghost and Goblins, Ninja Gaiden (edit: wtf?), and original Castlevania are up there too.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
No way is Mega Man as difficult as any of those games. And I say that having not been able to beat those 3 games listed without a goddamn Game Genie or cheats. lol

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Made my own PS+ September, Superstore in Canada no longer selling games so major clearance on PS4/XB games. Batman Lego2 $20, Marvel Lego hero's $10, Sleeping dogs $20. Don't forget CDN money is like 66% of USA atm!

Funny when you read the link about the PS+ games, most of the comments are "best month ever!" I don't see the appeal but I hope I am wrong.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I played Track and Field with my NES Max.

I still feel terrible.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Made my own PS+ September, Superstore in Canada no longer selling games so major clearance on PS4/XB games. Batman Lego2 $20, Marvel Lego hero's $10, Sleeping dogs $20. Don't forget CDN money is like 66% of USA atm!

Funny when you read the link about the PS+ games, most of the comments are "best month ever!" I don't see the appeal but I hope I am wrong.
There hasn't been a good month since the PS4 launched and we were all forced to use it for online play. It was much better and had a higher value when it was an option for game sales, trials, and free games. They made it worth getting over and beyond the normal cash grab of online play, which 99% of the time uses your own internet and peer to peer of the system anyway. It's a retarded gimmick cash grab to charge for online play and never should have been monetized in the first place.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I really don't have a problem with it. I paid to be online with the 360 regardless and I would of paid for the PSN regardless of the free games. Its a nice touch.

Issacs
Don't starve
The mouse game with the crazy cat
Styx
The lightning chick DLC
Tomb raider

Are all on my PS4 right now. $50 for that and all the other stuff that sucked or was decent enough to put 30 minutes or a few hours more than makes up for the cost. Plus online play? Its a good fucking deal.

I've specifically not bought the Last of us DLC and Knack because i know they'll be on PSN at some point. Same with watch dogs. Helped watch dogs wasn't that good of a game but PSN will start paying more dividends as the systems age. Also helps when you gamefly something or ebay after you're done and it shows up on the list later in the life cycle and you can play it again. Like say the remastered TLOU.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I really don't have a problem with it. I paid to be online with the 360 regardless and I would of paid for the PSN regardless of the free games. Its a nice touch.

Issacs
Don't starve
Styx
The lightning chick DLC
Tomb raider

Are all on my PS4 right now. $50 for that and all the other stuff that sucked or was decent enough to put 30 minutes or a few hours more than makes up for the cost. Plus online play? Its a good fucking deal.

I've specifically not bought the Last of us DLC and Knack because i know they'll be on PSN at some point. Same with watch dogs. Helped watch dogs wasn't that good of a game but PSN will start paying more dividends as the systems age. Also helps when you gamefly something or ebay after you're done and it shows up on the list later in the life cycle and you can play it again. Like say the remastered TLOU.
This,

Lots of good games I never would have played for only $4.16 a month...

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Issacs
Don't starve
Styx
The lightning chick DLC
Tomb raider

True, I shouldn't knock it as hard as I am because they introduced a model that was way more than MS was giving back in the 360 days - I just remember the PS3 Plus days where I would see a new AAA game every month. Demon Souls, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider, Dead Space 3, etc. As of this point we haven't seen anything amounting to that. Thief, Far Cry 4, Blackflag, Infamous, etc - those should be no brainers by now 2 years in. But, I am seeing MS now offer better games in my opinion on their service.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
True, I shouldn't knock it as hard as I am because they introduced a model that was way more than MS was giving back in the 360 days - I just remember the PS3 Plus days where I would see a new AAA game every month. Demon Souls, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider, Dead Space 3, etc. As of this point we haven't seen anything amounting to that. Thief, Far Cry 4, Blackflag, Infamous, etc - those should be no brainers by now 2 years in. But, I am seeing MS now offer better games in my opinion on their service.
I agree. We'll see if Sony steps it up or not. Same with Microsoft.

Malkav

French Madman
Plus, MS announced that all future games for 360 in the Game with Gold program would be backward compatible once they roll out the feature.

As of now, PS3 games with PS+ are worth nothing if you don't have a PS3, and MS can just roll out great games from the previous gen and you'll just be able to play them on xbone.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Plus, MS announced that all future games for 360 in the Game with Gold program would be backward compatible once they roll out the feature.

As of now, PS3 games with PS+ are worth nothing if you don't have a PS3, and MS can just roll out great games from the previous gen and you'll just be able to play them on xbone.
Can you flag your account for them without a 360 though? I don't see how... or is that something they'll allow the XBOne to do next month?

spronk

FPS noob
you can buy 360 games from the web store without a 360, i don't have one registered and it lets me do it. free ones are free obviously (it didn't used to work buying online but seems to work the past few months) and you have to pay with cc/paypal for $$ ones. you can't use xbl credit to buy 360 games unfortunately on the web store, only an actual 360. Just login with your xbl and buy them from here every 2-4 weeks
Games with Gold | Xbox Live

its a nice little feature, i don't really expect any new games to be last gen only unless its some weird japanese game and even then probably only ps3. still its great to go back and check out older stuff, especially classics. also a nice little bonus for microsoft to offer publishers, like fallout 4 coming with a free copy of FO3 but only on xbox one. There are still a TON of people who are 360/ps3 only so its a huge incentive this winter for them to upgrade.

playing gears of war ultimate now, pretty fun game and the visuals/lighting are really well done. don't feel like its a shitty remaster, like apparently dishonored DE is or I felt saints row 4 was. Multiplayer is a bit crazy, the time to kill is insanely long and thats weird to get used to after destiny/COD/battlefield. I'd rather still just play destiny for MP to be honest but I can see why a lot of people really liked GoW. If you play GoW between now and dec 31st you get flagged automatically for GOW1-3 BC for free which is nice.

Vaclav

Ah cool. Hadn't seen that option on for their webstore - nature of getting used to a new system.

Vaclav

So - apparently now that I finally opted to hook it up - they apparently shipped me a broken TV as part of the deal, screen is only displaying a half picture basically - guess there's an invisible crack, can't see one with it turned off. Maybe I'll be getting a different XBOne package in a few months like I'd originally planned after all, apparently they're insisting on having to return everything since they're out of stock on TVs to swap - funfunfun.

Szlia

So - apparently now that I finally opted to hook it up - they apparently shipped me a broken TV as part of the deal, screen is only displaying a half picture basically - guess there's an invisible crack, can't see one with it turned off. Maybe I'll be getting a different XBOne package in a few months like I'd originally planned after all, apparently they're insisting on having to return everything since they're out of stock on TVs to swap - funfunfun.
Soooo.... Xbox Half?
cool.png