The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
rrr_img_107564.png

The Best PS4 Hard Drive - IGN

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Apparently IGN can't even work a stopwatch correctly, because they're the only site I've ever seen claim that there's no difference between a stock 5400rpm drive and a SSHD or SSD. I highly suggest checking Digital Foundry for stuff like that.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Eh, I think between the various deals you can find, and probably at least 2-3 games depending on your tastes...it's worth it at this point.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
We're going on 2 years since launch and still no compelling reason to buy either system.
Unless you're poverty stricken, PS4's DLNA compatibility makes it worth a purchase as a media streamer alone IMO. Add a PS+ subscription and you start to see some decent value over the course of a year on the money spent/entertainment hours scale.

You're right though. The exclusives have been a huge disappointment thus far, and that doesn't seem to be changing any time soon.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Should be changing next year, lots of PS4 exclusive japanese games coming out(persona, disgaea, the tales after zestiria, FFXV probably should be done by then). Well, exclusive at first, I don't know if they'll start porting all that shit to PC eventually. I bought mine for Bloodborne and it was alright. Not great but still pretty good.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Should be changing next year, lots of PS4 exclusive japanese games coming out(persona, disgaea, the tales after zestiria, FFXV probably should be done by then). Well, exclusive at first, I don't know if they'll start porting all that shit to PC eventually. I bought mine for Bloodborne and it was alright. Not great but still pretty good.
I don't think FFXV is console exclusive. Not even No Man's Sky is exclusive. Really all I see on the near horizon is Uncharted 4, and that doesn't even have a release date.

Edit: Ya man. Q3 & Q4 2016 look great but until then the cupboard is bare:Top 15 Upcoming Exclusive Games for PlayStation 4

spronk

FPS noob

The Hitman game will release Dec 8th, digitally only. It will be a partial game with like 7 missions/stages at launch, and more added until a year later when the physical release goes out with complete game.

Not thrilled about their release strat, fuck paying $60 for a partially done game bought digitally only and hoping they follow through with finishing the game. Maybe if it was $20 or $30 for early digital buyers I'd buy it, but not at full price. Plus this holiday season is packed with the most quality games in recent years so this just seems like something easy to pass on for now, even though I do love the Hitman games.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Damn that really pisses me off. I was looking forward to this as well. After absolution sucked I was hoping this would be worth a shit. They can kiss my ass if they are going to make me pay up front and slow feed me content over the year. Fuck off.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

2 years later
Everything going to shit with alliances falling apart and the Qunari are back for revenge.

spronk

FPS noob
forza 6 demo is free on xbox store, if you play this week and end up buying f6 you will get a free car for playing the demo
Forza Motorsport 6 Demo

its pretty cool, first car you jump into is ford GT in rio brazil, looks drop dead gorgeous. runs at 1080p @ 60 fps which unfortunately means some jaggies and stuff sneak in, i assume they turned down AA/fx a bit to hit 60 fps. obviously runs more like forza 5 (circuit racer) than horizon (open world-ish)

also good news for PS+ users, update 3.0 will increase the PS+ save game cloud to 10gb from the current 1gb! yay, and fuck you games that take up 500mb
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/...-starts-today/

Fadaar

That guy
First Xbox One game I'll have bought since.... Forza 5. I didn't even think about that until just now.