The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, a lot of the people I've read getting the Elite just remove the paddles until they're used to the controller a bit more (or remove a set of them?). If they're outright just falling out, lol, that's awful.

I'd like one eventually, but still trying to use the Steam controller more on my PC.

spronk

FPS noob
Went ahead and ordered this one. I trust in the Spronk seal of approval, thanks bud.
use this (or similar) steps to replace the drive
How to upgrade your PS4 hard drive | TechRadar

remember that ps4 encrypts drives to the system, so you can't just copy everything from old to new on PC. You'll have to backup all your saves (and games, if you want) to a usb3 drive on PS4, or just upload all your saves to PS+. Then format a USB stick so it contains the firmware for PS4, since you'll have to "boot" off that when you put in your new drive.

Backing up games and saves is a pain in the ass, gotta do it one by one. Also when you restore, you can only restore saves for games that are installed - so if you have a save for an old game that you don't think you will play again ever or don't have the disc anymore, you can't restore the save until you reinstall the game. Its safe if you upload it to the PS+ cloud though, it'll auto restore if you ever play the game again.

spronk

FPS noob
sweeeet, you can install Red Dead Redemption on your xbox one if you own the digital version right now

from xbox home on console, click left arrow and search for Ronohoward (the user)
view his profile (just click on it in top left)
use RB to go to Following tab (3 right)
change from players and games to just games
click on RDR
click launch game, will take you to store page
click install

I'm downloading now, it will be unlocked for everyone when they do next their BC update in a few days (?) but for now if you own the game on 360 digitally you can play it on XBone. Won't work sadly if you just own the disc, you have to wait for the bc update.

reddeadx1.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
If you pre ordered hitman you get to play it this weekend. I preordered the CE on amazon, got sent a code today, and cancelled my preorder.

For a game that is supposed to release episode 1 very soon this was not... good. No subtitles showed up in cutscenes even though I had them on. Huge frame chop in game and cutscenes. Lots of animation quirks, like bodies I dropped would start flying around all over the place doing the ragdoll dance.

I'm a huge Hitman fan, love all the games, but there is no way I'd pay $60 for the game in the state its in. Maybe by the time they finish all the episodes they will clean it up.

The first demo mission was also a poor choice, since its a training / simulator thing a lot of the visuals are very poorly done.

People are streaming it on twitch this weekend too. Its going to be the free game you get with nvidia cards starting later this month, so should see cheap PC keys pop up.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Yeah I'm passing on that game and their bullshit episodic pay me now while I finish the game release schedule.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Even if you could you can't play it, they forced an update that doesn't exist or something. Sounds like it needed work anyways.

spronk

FPS noob
nope, can't play it anymore
frown.png
like meStevo says even if you got it it won't run anymore. If you go offline and haven't downloaded the update but downloaded the original BC game you can still play, but the second you go online and let it apply a tiny patch it stops working sadly. Hopefully they add it to the official BC list soon, they put out BC updates constantly like 4-5 games got added friday.

sucks, I put in 4-5 hours earlier this week and was really getting into the game and now i'm cock blocked

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You know they are going to add it.

I'm going to wait such a beautiful game.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Article I read was Microsoft was testing it on there own without permission from rockstar so I wouldn't be so sure about that

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Rockstar is probable thinking HD release of rdr for Xbox one ahead of rdr 2.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wtf cares? Crossbuy titles from Xbox will be playable on steam soon. If Microsoft does this the ol PS4 is going to get even more dusty.

Steam now has a subdomain of xbox.steampowered.com : xboxone
Why would the PS4 get more dusty? It's still the best console for console-only things, especially Sony exclusives. If it suddenly becomes possible to play Xbone games on PC, then the Xbone is the one that is even more irrelevant to anyone with a decent computer.

Not sure why people are getting excited now about a subdomain that has existed for a year and a half just because Valve updated its DNS entry. I can't really see MS partnering up with Steam when they clearly want to shove the W10 Store down people's throats as yet another, even shittier platform than Uplay or Origin. Quantum Break, for example. It's not coming to Steam and it will be W10 Store exclusive. I'm still surprised that Tomb Raider wasn't the same, but I guess Square-Enix was at least smart enough to not completely fuck over their franchise.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Rockstar is probable thinking HD release of rdr for Xbox one ahead of rdr 2.
My guess is we won't see RDR again until the followup releases late in the year and it's a pre-order bonus like Alan Wake + DLC is for Quantum Break. At the same time it'll also then become available for BC for existing digital/physical owners (as Alan Wake just did).

Whenever it happens I'm looking forward to it, it was a fun game and had some fun w/ multiplayer before gaming ADD sent me elsewhere.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Anyone know of any PS+ subscription deals? Mine is going to run out next month I just realized.