The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Column was the one talking about it, if you care to search it up. Sounded solid for sure.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'd play the vita more it they would of designed it with 2 more triggers. Didn't Soy or someone else buy a case that added triggers to the vita? How did that work out?

Vita makes for great portable TV if you download shows/movies and don't want to use your phone or stream.
It's like the Kinect to me. Both kinda gimmicky and fun but not for everyone. Get it if you wanna take shits while you play Diablo.

Also save yourself the trouble and get Tearaway. It's easily the best game.

Vorph

Unless you like jrpgs stay away from the vita, it's on life support.
I like JRPGs plus I've got a few years' worth of PS+ games and I haven't been able to justify getting a Vita. P4G isn't worth it alone when you've already played P4, all the Neptunia games, FFX/X-2, Danganronpa, etc. are vastly better on PC, already played Zero Escape on 3DS (and Zero Time Dilemma is going to be a day 1 release on PC this time around). That pretty much leaves Oreshika, Trails of Cold Steel since I don't have a PS3 anymore, and maybe Soul Sacrifice Delta.

If the PSTV wasn't a piece of garbage hardware I'd definitely buy that instead... but it is.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They've been releasing a bunch of the good vita games on PC lately so yeah, console isn't so hot anymore even if you like the niche games on there. There's still a few vita only games, but not enough of the big ones.

I bought a PSTV to play Danganronpa, pretty happy with it, although 3months later they announced they were releasing them on PC so a bit salty about that, but eh.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
dbl post
frown.png

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's not too horrible IMO. It has the incentive boxes to try and get you to buy keys for the chance at mounts, and inventory space is at a premium. If you like it it's worth spending a few bucks on though. Not a bad game at all IMO and still tinker with it from time to time on both Xbox One and PC.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I like JRPGs plus I've got a few years' worth of PS+ games and I haven't been able to justify getting a Vita. P4G isn't worth it alone when you've already played P4, all the Neptunia games, FFX/X-2, Danganronpa, etc. are vastly better on PC, already played Zero Escape on 3DS (and Zero Time Dilemma is going to be a day 1 release on PC this time around). That pretty much leaves Oreshika, Trails of Cold Steel since I don't have a PS3 anymore, and maybe Soul Sacrifice Delta.

If the PSTV wasn't a piece of garbage hardware I'd definitely buy that instead... but it is.
Gravity Rush, Killzone Merc, P4Golden, and Tearaway are all fantastic games.

KZ Merc was better than The Ps4 Killzone.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So who is going to play drunk NBA2k16 with me hammered while I blast Elvis "in the ghetto" with me on PS4?

Vorph

Gravity Rush, Killzone Merc, P4Golden, and Tearaway are all fantastic games.

KZ Merc was better than The Ps4 Killzone.
Can just play Gravity Rush Remastered (and the upcoming sequel) on PS4, and Killzone/Tearaway don't look anything I'd be interested in.

One game I did forget though was Stranger of Sword City, and I was surprised to see on Steam this morning that the PC release I didn't even know was happening at all is due out next Monday. Too bad it's the same week as Odin Sphere, but at least it'll be there to play later in the month. Now they just need to bring Demon Gaze over to PC as well.

Szlia

If you still have a PS3 kicking around, Siren: Blood Curse is a fantastic survival horror game. True survival horror, where you can barely fight back against the Bad Things and generally have to hide, sneak, and run away when seen. Really wish they'd make another game in the series for PS4. There was a rumor of one being in development long time ago, but nothing came of it besides another more recent rumor that Blood Curse is getting the PS3->PS4 remaster treatment.
To be fair, as a fan of all three games in the serie, there comes a point where it becomes more of a puzzle game than anything and, once you get used to the melee mechanics and timing of the different characters, the shibito are getting wrecked. It takes a bit of practice and a willingness to break what one would call the "horror pact" (the player's agreeing to play along and be scared), but even that way the games are enjoyable and unique.

PS: I just remembered a saying we developed with a friend while playing the first game. There was a character who was a folklorist (a profession that seems to only exist in japanese survival horror games, see Fatal Frame) and he had a gun. Usually not a lot of bullets, but still, that made him dramatically more powerful than the other characters... until we got used to the melee timing of the doctor who had a tire iron or something similar, so he got dubbed "the melee folklorist." Video games!

Vorph

Yeah, it's not on the level of, say, Haunting Ground/Demento when it comes to making the main character almost completely helpless. I tried to avoid the shibitos as much as possible though, since they just get back up anyway.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Cortana and other improvements coming to preview members as early as today. Some really nice stuff.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Can just play Gravity Rush Remastered (and the upcoming sequel) on PS4, and Killzone/Tearaway don't look anything I'd be interested in.

One game I did forget though was Stranger of Sword City, and I was surprised to see on Steam this morning that the PC release I didn't even know was happening at all is due out next Monday. Too bad it's the same week as Odin Sphere, but at least it'll be there to play later in the month. Now they just need to bring Demon Gaze over to PC as well.
Yeah I'm just saying there are a few games not advocating a purchase. I sold mine.