The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Got the new preview on my Xbox One, Cortana is really nice so far. Will take some getting used to but a lot more responsive so far, though I'm well inside placebo territory, the real test will be tomorrow w/ the kids and wife trying to use it and all sorts of other stuff is going on.

Malkav

French Madman
Got the new preview on my Xbox One, Cortana is really nice so far. Will take some getting used to but a lot more responsive so far, though I'm well inside placebo territory, the real test will be tomorrow w/ the kids and wife trying to use it and all sorts of other stuff is going on.
I'm curious what the new voice command for turning on the console is. Something like "Hey Cortana, ON" ?

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
You say 'hey Cortana', the kinect light turns on showing that it heard you, then you say 'Xbox on'.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, and you'd sometimes have to say it 8 times as you walked to the controller or the button on the front. You can say it all at once too, I just pause so I don't have to repeat myself if it didn't.

Hey Cortana is absolutely a mouthful if you aren't stringing together commands to get your someplace and have to keep saying, but other than a little slowness it's all been a net positive so far. Wife has been home all day w/ it and is pretty happy w/ it too.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, and you'd sometimes have to say it 8 times as you walked to the controller or the button on the front. You can say it all at once too, I just pause so I don't have to repeat myself if it didn't.

Hey Cortana is absolutely a mouthful if you aren't stringing together commands to get your someplace and have to keep saying, but other than a little slowness it's all been a net positive so far. Wife has been home all day w/ it and is pretty happy w/ it too.
Can you tell me what's nice about it? I use Kinect for just turning Xbox on.

Just seems like a boneheaded move to mess with the one thing the Kinect is good for.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
More syllables makes it more reliable I think. Slang/shorthand kinda works now, so 'I wanna play Madden' will play Madden NFL 16 (or ask you which Madden and present you with options - but I haven't experienced that yet) or 'play Guardians of the Galaxy' instead of 'play Guardians of the Galaxy plus bonus features'.

You can see what it's heard, and adjust what you said if it's wrong, previously it would just kinda think and then fail leading to you just saying it again (though usually louder).

It's a more conversational experience, rather than the strict commands. The tradeoff is speed a little bit, but I'm not sure. My wife pauses for Cortana to recognize her after the wakeword, but that's led to her then saying the command (like Pause) while Cortana is thinking about what she said, which since it was just the wakeword Cortana says 'that's me!', lol. Then her hair gets redder and she glares at me. Just saying 'Hey Cortana, pause' is sufficient, but feels like maybe it takes a tick longer than the normal Xbox command.

It's under heavy development still, things will get better, pretty happy thus far though.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
In case you did not read this post i made in the E3 thread, i will repost it here in the hopes of saving at least one of you a few dollars

For the few not know the know..

Best Buy Canada (and usa i assume) is going to launch the E3 preorder sale tommrow for club reward members. On blackfriday it was order more than 1 game and get 30% off your preorder. You dont pay till the game is released and you can cancel the 2nd game later and still retain the discount for the first. On Blackfriday i preordered all the Ps4 games i wanted until the summer. Only one of the games was not in my mailbox the DAY BEFORE release.

This is the only way i want to buy new games now, order everything i want that is coming out prior to black friday and cancel what looks like shit later...
Do it again on black friday and revaluate what i think will stink !

Good luck ~

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
More syllables makes it more reliable I think. Slang/shorthand kinda works now, so 'I wanna play Madden' will play Madden NFL 16 (or ask you which Madden and present you with options - but I haven't experienced that yet) or 'play Guardians of the Galaxy' instead of 'play Guardians of the Galaxy plus bonus features'.

You can see what it's heard, and adjust what you said if it's wrong, previously it would just kinda think and then fail leading to you just saying it again (though usually louder).

It's a more conversational experience, rather than the strict commands. The tradeoff is speed a little bit, but I'm not sure. My wife pauses for Cortana to recognize her after the wakeword, but that's led to her then saying the command (like Pause) while Cortana is thinking about what she said, which since it was just the wakeword Cortana says 'that's me!', lol. Then her hair gets redder and she glares at me. Just saying 'Hey Cortana, pause' is sufficient, but feels like maybe it takes a tick longer than the normal Xbox command.

It's under heavy development still, things will get better, pretty happy thus far though.
I hate the change, personally. I know it's not a person and feel like a complete faggot having a conversation with my Xbox. It's my fucking property and I'm giving it an order, not asking to do me a favor if it doesn't mind

Nester

Vyemm Raider
In case you did not read this post i made in the E3 thread, i will repost it here in the hopes of saving at least one of you a few dollars

For the few not know the know..

Best Buy Canada (and usa i assume) is going to launch the E3 preorder sale tommrow for club reward members. On blackfriday it was order more than 1 game and get 30% off your preorder. You dont pay till the game is released and you can cancel the 2nd game later and still retain the discount for the first. On Blackfriday i preordered all the Ps4 games i wanted until the summer. Only one of the games was not in my mailbox the DAY BEFORE release.

This is the only way i want to buy new games now, order everything i want that is coming out prior to black friday and cancel what looks like shit later...
Do it again on black friday and revaluate what i think will stink !

Good luck ~
I am bummed, BestBuy changed the preorder deal =(
Now you get X25 the reward points, which is about a $20 gift card.
It sucks because they have a 40 day delay before you get the points to get the giftcard and the points expire after 180 days....

Canada BestBuy reward zone is super horrible -( I need GCU, frankly I think I am going to buy it have shit shipped to my folks in palm springs...

Lets hope Amazon can be the Canadian Hero we need.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I am bummed, BestBuy changed the preorder deal =(
Now you get X25 the reward points, which is about a $20 gift card.
It sucks because they have a 40 day delay before you get the points to get the giftcard and the points expire after 180 days....

Canada BestBuy reward zone is super horrible -( I need GCU, frankly I think I am going to buy it have shit shipped to my folks in palm springs...

Lets hope Amazon can be the Canadian Hero we need.
Not surprising, they're tweaking things with all their incentive programs, like I think I read the GCU discount no longer applies on Black Friday and some other significant sales now after their terms and conditions update.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Megadimension Neptunia V II at 80% off is tempting. Do you need to have played Re;Birth 2 and 3 first though? I only ever got around to playing the first one on PC.