The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Szlia

The shorter the Order is the more likely I am to buy it! Well... working on the assumption that a short AAA game means a beautiful lean game devoid of filler. If it ends up being short and bland, it will go on the 'buy on the cheap if the opportunity arises' list.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone getting The Order? The stuff coming out of GAF and elsewhere verifying the amount of cutscenes, length of game, etc are brutal. Reviews are going to be really interesting.
Wife wanted it for birthday (3/2) so yea, we're getting it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Did they fix drive club yet? Last I heard it was unplayable owhen it was released
Oh yeah it took them a while but it's fixed now, and they release a lot of content for it so it's pretty nice(and not just paid DLC content I mean, there's a bunch of free content too). The PS+ version still doesn't exist though afaik.

spronk

FPS noob
They said the PS+ will require a lot more server development so who knows

GCU is $30 this week at best buy (regular $99) worth it if you are going to spend at least $150 in the next 2 years on console games. 20% off all games, 10% extra bonus when doing trade ins. So for example Order 1886 will be $48 instead of $60. Some games get $10 points bonus if you preorder, not 1886 but Witcher 3, Hardline, Mortal Kombat X, and TESO are on the list. Also works on CE/LEs, some accessories like amiibos but no bonuses on consoles, controllers, PC hardware, etc.

J8LUdAW.jpg

Vaclav

Does that work ordering online too? I know you have to buy the card in person - but the idea of driving 45 min to Best Buy weekly at times sounds shitty if it's not usable online.

Vaclav

Update - looked it up - does work online... now to see if the shipping makes sense with the 20% off...

Edit: Free Shipping over $35 - so barring oddballs always would be Free Shipping assuming that's a regular thing... sonuvabitch, I've gotta make a long drive soon...

spronk

FPS noob
you can only buy & activate GCU in store at best buy but once thats done you never have to go in store again, works on all orders online and can ship to home or pickup in store. i pretty much bought every console game last year with it and it always delivered on release day, if you are pretty fast at beating games you can turn around and trade it right back in for $35-44 and just roll that money towards new games.

Fadaar

That guy
Did they fix drive club yet? Last I heard it was unplayable owhen it was released
I got a refund on it because I got fed up trying to do anything back when it first came out, but it's probably good to go now. Still waiting for a decent PS4 racing sim. Might just be stuck waiting for Forza 6 or the next Gran Turismo.

Vaclav

you can only buy & activate GCU in store at best buy but once thats done you never have to go in store again, works on all orders online and can ship to home or pickup in store. i pretty much bought every console game last year with it and it always delivered on release day, if you are pretty fast at beating games you can turn around and trade it right back in for $35-44 and just roll that money towards new games.
Yea, hopefully the one 45 min away has cards on hand Wednesday when I'll be about 15 min away doing a board game night. Sounds like a good deal at 1 year like I initially thought it was at $30 - at 2 yrs its a nobrainer.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Damn I'll have to buy one of those. Hell yeah

The order always looked terrible to me, then I saw the textures look way shittier than previously advertised and hearing its really short - pass.

spronk

FPS noob
PSN stores put up some awesome sales including DA:I for $35, Shadow of Mordor for $24, Tomb Raider DE for $20, South Park for $14, Diablo 3, and a shit ton more including a bunch of JRPGs and stuff

Critics Choice
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...ITICCHOICESALE

JRPGs 1
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...7008-AKSYSSALE

Focus Home (?)
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...-FOCUSHOMESALE

Telltale games collection for $44 (60% off)
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...00000000001317

xbox one also has telltales collection, really good set including Walking Dead 1 & 2, Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands, and Game of Thrones