The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I've lived without them just fine so far. My Vita is a paper weight.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
RL pic of Utnayan next year

rrr_img_136337.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm not afraid of liking them. The Vita is extremely uncomfortable for me to play. My hands are too big and they're fucked up from years of gaming/typing/jerking off.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, my situation is somewhat different than most people I guess. Having the only audio output be over HDMI is a deal breaker for me, since I need an optical out (or even a fucking headphone jack) in the spot I want to put it.

Also, I don't see anything about a 1080p update for the PSTV itself and I think it's still 720p/1080i only. Are you maybe confusing that with the PS4 firmware update from a while back that allows for 1080p Remote Play? AFAIK that's only for compatibility with Sony phones and the PC Remote Play client, but I'm not 100% on that. Vita resolution is only 960x544 so it doesn't really matter much for Vita games, it just means it's shitty for anything else. I've heard Remote Play has lag problems on it anyway, plus there's no apps for Netflix, Amazon Video, Spotify, etc. (read: Hulu Plus is about all there is and probably ever will be). Bottom line, it plays Vita games--and that's "most" not "all"--and that's it. If you want a set top box for streaming, you still need to buy a FireTV or whatever.

It's only like $40 though, so I could deal with it being useless for anything besides playing Vita games if it weren't for the audio issue I have. Working around that would involve buying a second ~$30 box, and at that point I'd rather just pay the difference and have a Vita.

Sony are still charging a retarded amount for their stupid proprietary memory cards too, which imo was one of the main reasons Vita failed so miserably to begin with. It makes me not want to buy one just on general principles.

spronk

FPS noob
i should really trade my vita into gamestop for whatever shitty credit they offer, I haven't turned mine on in a year either. i just keep thinking "but then how will i play all these shitty free PS+ games some day"

if sony was cool they'd let the ps4 run vita digital games

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Sony are still charging a retarded amount for their stupid proprietary memory cards too, which imo was one of the main reasons Vita failed so miserably to begin with. It makes me not want to buy one just on general principles.
Yeah that shit is retarded. It cost me more to get a... 4gb card I think it is, might be 8, than the fucking PSTV itself. You can get generic cards with like 10times the size for the same price. Although I'd say it's not just that that made it fail, but definitely helped.

Vorph

Yeah, it's $33 for a 16GB card, $42.50 for a PS TV, and $57 for a 32GB card in the US (Amazon) right now. Anything less than 32GB is too much of a pain in the ass, I've been told. Probably more so on a system which is digital only. Now that I think about it, digital only is another reason to avoid the PS TV, since that'd mean no using GameFly for the non-PS+ games I want to play.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I was actually prepared to buy a vita a few days ago until I read about the memory thing. Current model has 1gb on-board, which is nothing, especially considering it's probably bound up by os software. And at least half my interest in the system is its digital-only backlog of psp gems I never played like War of the Lions. I'd imagine those old PS1 era rpg's are in the 500meg to 2 gb range depending on how much fmv they have. I'D also wager there are some vita games that would entirely fill a 16gb card.

No thanks.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I was actually prepared to buy a vita a few days ago until I read about the memory thing. Current model has 1gb on-board, which is nothing, especially considering it's probably bound up by os software. And at least half my interest in the system is its digital-only backlog of psp gems I never played like War of the Lions. I'd imagine those old PS1 era rpg's are in the 500meg to 2 gb range depending on how much fmv they have. I'D also wager there are some vita games that would entirely fill a 16gb card.

No thanks.
Biggest games I've seen are ~4gb, most are less. But yeah, the memory card shit is asinine

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Biggest games I've seen are ~4gb, most are less. But yeah, the memory card shit is asinine
Fair enough, but a dealbreaker either way. I'd love to play all those rpg's and I don't mind a handheld, but I guess I'm looking at trying my luck at a PSTV. Or just saying fuck it because I have a PS3, PS4, and a PC. The first two share some of the vita's library, and steam appears to be entering an rpg renaissance.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Fair enough, but a dealbreaker either way. I'd love to play all those rpg's and I don't mind a handheld, but I guess I'm looking at trying my luck at a PSTV. Or just saying fuck it because I have a PS3, PS4, and a PC. The first two share some of the vita's library, and steam appears to be entering an rpg renaissance.
There's definitely not that many vita exclusives especially with some of the companies porting shit over to PC. Danganronpa for example was the reason I got a PSTV, and it was ported. There's a bunch of fairly meh RPGs, but I'd say the most interesting Vita games are the visual novels, a bunch of which are being ported/already ported, the dungeon RPGs, as in, Wizardry type RPGs, which one of the better one was ported to PC recently, Stranger of the Sword City and the monster hunter type games which generally only shine with multiplayer, and some of which are also being ported like God Eater 1 and 2. For the actual RPGs, it's a lot of the so so quality with anime girls type. And even those, some of them are being ported(all of Neptunia for example).

I'd say the library of the Vita is good if you like these types of games, but at the same time it seems a lot of the japanese companies jumped on the steam gravvy train and while it generally means you have to pay more for the games, you save the cost of having to buy the console+memory cards anyway, and you get steam sales down the road(although there's a lot of PSN sales too).

Vorph

The big ones for me, that we'll never see ported to PC, are P4G, Oreshika, and Trails of Cold Steel 1&2. Atlus seems completely uninterested in doing PC ports of SMT games, Oreshiki is published by Sony and they never port any of their exclusives, and Falcom has repeatedly stated that Trails of Cold Steel is not even coming to PS4 let alone PC.

Seeing as the Vita is essentially dead now and there aren't likely to be any other exclusives worth mentioning after Cold Steel 2, I'm tempted to just buy a PCH-1000 off Ebay or whatever, play the handful of good games, check out some of the stuff from PS+, and then get rid of it after beating ToCS2.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
long story short, my little cousin has a 360, i have a 1 and i was trying to play nba 2k14 with him, but its not backwards compatible, i still have my 360 but i dont have a mic, so im lookin for ways around it i read this while googling.....

I read somewhere that if you plug your 360 into the xbox1 via HDMI, you can use the xbox 1 controller and mic, is this true? im trying to play nba 2k 14 with my cousin but he dosent have a 1, and its not backwards compatible so im trying to find a way to play it and be able to use my 1 controller nd headset is that possible? I stil have my 360 i would just hook that up and go, but i dont have a mic for it anymore i dont remember where it is

Anyone know if this is true? i just cant find my 360 headset i have he controller jus no mic