The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So the people who took advantage of used games to offset costs instead buy less games or choose a different console. Profits gained = 0. Corporate greed fail.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The only way that shit would have worked is if Sony and Microsoft put together a unified front and did the same thing. As it is now MS is fucked.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Am I crazy, or
A) Hasn't Windows Media Center existed for years, including all the fantasy football integration? Hell, that version even functions as a DVR.
B) X1 runs windows apps; all MS really did was port (part of) it to the X1 app OS and add Kinect commands.
C) Why was MS' big focus of their reveal press conference a years-old app they ported? They honestly had no new feature, no gameplay to show off, or anything aside from badly delivered bad news to give us?

The more time I have to chew on it, the absolute worse this reveal looks in retrospect. What in god's name are they doing over at MS?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Am I crazy, or
A) Hasn't Windows Media Center existed for years, including all the fantasy football integration? Hell, that version even functions as a DVR.
B) X1 runs windows apps; all MS really did was port (part of) it to the X1 app OS and add Kinect commands.
C) Why was MS' big focus of their reveal press conference a years-old app they ported? They honestly had no new feature, no gameplay to show off, or anything aside from badly delivered bad news to give us?

The more time I have to chew on it, the absolute worse this reveal looks in retrospect. What in god's name are they doing over at MS?
The Reveal really wasn't for gamers. Let's be honest here. If at E3 they showed a shit load of exclusives and it was cheaper then the Ps4 with that living room projection shit. People would have done a 180. At the same time they would have sucked in a lot of people with that original reveal because of all the extra shit it can do.

What is going to kill the Xbone isn't the reveal but the Used game policy. Let's not forget the big FU to Indies. They might die even more if it gets revealed that it is $100 more then the PS4.

Sean_sl

shitlord
So, serious question about that video: Who actually does something like that? "MY EXPERIENCE IS PLAYING GAMES, WATCHING TV, LISTENING TO MUSIC, AND CHATTING TO FRIENDS ALL AT THE EXACT SAME TIME!"

Like, what the fuck? When I sit down to play a game, I sit down to play a damned game. I don't ADD out and spaztically multitask. When I sit down to watch something, I sit down to watch something and enjoy it, not distract myself with a billion other things at once. I like to immerse myself in my entertainment, not have every possible thing going on at once dividing my attention. I don't do "background noise" either, since audio is a big part of the experience for me and that would just ruin it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So you wouldn't enjoy watching some TV or a movie on the side while you farm a JRPG to get the 100% completion that means nothing but you still want the achievement for? I call bullshit. You'll use it.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So, serious question about that video: Who actually does something like that? "MY EXPERIENCE IS PLAYING GAMES, WATCHING TV, LISTENING TO MUSIC, AND CHATTING TO FRIENDS ALL AT THE EXACT SAME TIME!"

Like, what the fuck? When I sit down to play a game, I sit down to play a damned game. I don't ADD out and spaztically multitask. When I sit down to watch something, I sit down to watch something and enjoy it, not distract myself with a billion other things at once. I like to immerse myself in my entertainment, not have every possible thing going on at once dividing my attention. I don't do "background noise" either, since audio is a big part of the experience for me and that would just ruin it.
You aren't the generation they are targeting. We are in our 30's the people they want are a decade or more younger. Those people want to do all those things at the same time.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

I think the point is that it can do all that if you wanted to. I wouldn't mind playing a game then being able to skype at the same time.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I'll have all those things happening when I am playing some mindless online game like BF3. But the TV is on behind me and I don't pay attention to it. Music is on but I couldn't tell you what is playing. My friends are talking through vent but I'm not really listening. However, I'm focused in on getting headshots. In other words, there is no point to anything happening other than the headshots.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So according yo Microsoft you no longer own games, you own licenses.
That's how MS Office licensing works now. Initially, when they released Office 2013 you could only install it on one device aand that was it. You could not transfer it to any other computer. You had to purchase another license if you wanted to install it on a new computer. So for those people who upgraded to new computers/laptops and uninstalled Office to install it on a new computer, had to purchase a new license. But that didn't last long due to public backlash. They ended up changing it so you can transfer it every 90 days. Still sucks but that's how MS wants to do things now.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20286...s-for-you.html

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20301...-backlash.html

Sean_sl

shitlord
So you wouldn't enjoy watching some TV or a movie on the side while you farm a JRPG to get the 100% completion that means nothing but you still want the achievement for? I call bullshit. You'll use it.
No? That'd be pointless and ruin the damned movie/show. I don't background watch stuff ever.

Cor_sl

shitlord
I think the point is that it can do all that if you wanted to. I wouldn't mind playing a game then being able to skype at the same time.
I have Skype on my Nexus 4, my Nexus 7, my iPad 3, and my laptop. I can already Skype while playing a game if I want to. I simply don't need another Skype device.

I guess this picture-in-picture multitasking stuff isn't for me. I always have a tablet or my phone close to hand whenever I'm using my television, so most of the functionality seems utterly pointless for me.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No? That'd be pointless and ruin the damned movie/show. I don't background watch stuff ever.
Besides, doesn't PIP across inputs already exist on some TVs? (I know mine doesn't - but neither has PIP since I don't care about it for similar reasons)

Cor_sl

shitlord
Actually, I'm rewatching the multitasking bit, and the guy keeps pulling out his phone to control his Xbox. He uses the example of buyingmovie tickets- he's using his phone to control his Xbox to buy movie tickets. He's talking aboutfantasy sports leagues- he's using his phone to navigate around the fantasy sport league interface. I don't get it. What's the point of this stuff if I have to use my phone to control it. Why wouldn't I just use my phone instead?