The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Wipeout Omega collection for $5.99 is a no brainer, works in VR and is amazing.
Bleh still 13.99€ currently on the german store. Valid until 12/21 ... will there be a sale after that or is that already the best they can do...

spronk

FPS noob
Sony and microsoft always have another big round of sales 12/25-1/2 for people who just got a PS4, etc

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Problem with my new PS4. If I turn off the TV and PS4 somehow goes to sleep I'm not able to wake it - just a black screen. Anyone had this happen

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This deal may have been already stated, but you can get a year of Gamepass right now on Amazon digital delivery for 50% off. Nabbed it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Hadn't seen that, $70 for a year is pretty good if you just use it for a couple games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Edit: Fixed! Somehow I had LG Deep Color whatever setting turned off on all 3 HDMI inputs. Turned it on for the Ps4, and it's back to HDR. To be honest, not sure I can tell a difference, but I'm glad that it's back on. :)

Somehow broke my Ps4's HDR? Was working fine, and then I noticed every time I loaded up Spider-man, I wasn't getting the bubble in the top right that said HDR. Game still looked great, etc etc, so I didn't think much of it. Just today I loaded up God of War for the first time, and right off the bat it says HDR not supported.

I've got my LG OLED in Game Mode, and the Ps4 is set to automatic for HDR. Literally nothing has changed, but it won't go over into HDR anymore and no idea how to fix it.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Edit: Fixed! Somehow I had LG Deep Color whatever setting turned off on all 3 HDMI inputs. Turned it on for the Ps4, and it's back to HDR. To be honest, not sure I can tell a difference, but I'm glad that it's back on. :)

Somehow broke my Ps4's HDR? Was working fine, and then I noticed every time I loaded up Spider-man, I wasn't getting the bubble in the top right that said HDR. Game still looked great, etc etc, so I didn't think much of it. Just today I loaded up God of War for the first time, and right off the bat it says HDR not supported.

I've got my LG OLED in Game Mode, and the Ps4 is set to automatic for HDR. Literally nothing has changed, but it won't go over into HDR anymore and no idea how to fix it.

I need that little notification too to make sure I’m playing with power!

spronk

FPS noob
Here's something super bizarre, microsoft sent out an email to anyone who subs to their email info yesterday with the title

Save $100 on Xbox One X consoles

the email starts with "12 days of faves, they will know your name"

Inside the email near the bottom is a christmas tree. If you click the tree and then click the image at the top of the blank new page, you will get a free $10 xbox.com gift. Totally hidden easter egg.

I have NO idea how to turn this email on/off, I spent 5 minutes looking around and couldn't figure it out. Didn't even get it on my main account but my wife's email (she ordered a laptop years ago) but the code worked on my xbox account.

• 2Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Here's something super bizarre, microsoft sent out an email to anyone who subs to their email info yesterday with the title

Inside the email near the bottom is a christmas tree. If you click the tree and then click the image at the top of the blank new page, you will get a free $10 xbox.com gift. Totally hidden easter egg.

I have NO idea how to turn this email on/off, I spent 5 minutes looking around and couldn't figure it out. Didn't even get it on my main account but my wife's email (she ordered a laptop years ago) but the code worked on my xbox account.
Damn, thanks for the heads up. I got that email, and it’s a true gift card that you can just apply to your account, not a coupon or anything.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

Nice. Thanks! I deleted that email without even opening it. Was still in my gmail trash.

spronk

FPS noob
holiday sale week 2 going live now
Holiday Sale

has stuff like AC Odyssey for $30, God of War for $24, Spider-man (go see the movie!) for $30, etc. Live until 12/25

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
holiday sale week 2 going live now
Holiday Sale

has stuff like AC Odyssey for $30, God of War for $24, Spider-man (go see the movie!) for $30, etc. Live until 12/25

It annoys me on a fundamental level that they have such a terrible fucking website for their store. 1250 matches and they're showing 12 at a time with no way to filter them

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

Any chance at that link? I tend to turn off email communication settings as a standard.

spronk

FPS noob
link was personalized for each person and anyways the $10 links all died sometime yesterday afternoon anyways. i still don't even know how to turn it on for other accounts

and yeah spidey is $40 not $30 but i have a 20% coupon in my cart (any new ps4/ps4 pro should have it), i'd get the digital deluxe version tho since it comes with the $25 season pass

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
That's what I was thinking but couldn't find the setting

System > make sure enable HDMI device link is disabled.

Also, if you are running through a receiver, make sure CEC is turned off on the receiver as well on your display.

Also, if your new PS is a Pro and 4k HDR - make sure you use the HDMI cable in the box - check the bandwidth specs of the HDMI cable routes - need to have a cable with 18.2gps bandwidth. (Any high Speed HDMI cable) If you are running HDR/4k, also make sure there aren't any devices in the chain that might not be HDCP 2.2 compliant.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
System > make sure enable HDMI device link is disabled.

Also, if you are running through a receiver, make sure CEC is turned off on the receiver as well on your display.

Also, if your new PS is a Pro and 4k HDR - make sure you use the HDMI cable in the box - check the bandwidth specs of the HDMI cable routes - need to have a cable with 18.2gps bandwidth. (Any high Speed HDMI cable) If you are running HDR/4k, also make sure there aren't any devices in the chain that might not be HDCP 2.2 compliant.
Man, the Xbox one X reverting the audio to stereo because of a fucked up handshake is annoying af. My TV keeps trying to turn on the PS4, too. Miss when all of my devices were Samsung and it worked fairly well together. Basically turned off all of the HDMI-CEC at this point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user