The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It's been awhile so maybe this isn't the case anymore, but if the game was purchased digitally you can't load it without internet to verify you own it. Other than that it should be like you are thinking

Last edited:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
In a hotel, and brought my Ps4, instead of my gaming laptop for the week. Wanted to try and bust out some Uncharted, but I don't have any internet. PS4's can't handle the captiv portal thing that hotels do to connect to wifi, but will it even matter? It'll just upload my saves to the cloud once I'm back on the internet, and until then just be local?

most of the time they lock down HDMI ports too so you can't even use them.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
most of the time they lock down HDMI ports too so you can't even use them.
In the last 2 years of traveling for work, the worst I've seen is they won't make it obvious how to switch inputs. The TV won't have a button, and the remote won't either. At least not in Hilton hotels have they been locked down.

Playing Uncharted 2 right now. Man, this game is great!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
In the last 2 years of traveling for work, the worst I've seen is they won't make it obvious how to switch inputs. The TV won't have a button, and the remote won't either. At least not in Hilton hotels have they been locked down.

Playing Uncharted 2 right now. Man, this game is great!

Yeah thats a good one :) You'll love 4.

Vaclav

It's been awhile so maybe this isn't the case anymore, but if the game was purchased digitally you can't load it without internet to verify you own it. Other than that it should be like you are thinking

As long as the PS4 is your primary, shouldn't be an issue.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
At some hotels, you just have to request the TV remote that can change the input instead of the one they leave in the room that can only turn it on and off and control the cable box. I used to take my ps4 whenever I had to stay overnight in Gaithersburg, and I would request the remote when I was checking in. My wife busted my balls for traveling with a console, so I asked if she'd rather I spent my nights on business trips out at (strip)bars

Crone

At some hotels, you just have to request the TV remote that can change the input instead of the one they leave in the room that can only turn it on and off and control the cable box. I used to take my ps4 whenever I had to stay overnight in Gaithersburg, and I would request the remote when I was checking in. My wife busted my balls for traveling with a console, so I asked if she'd rather I spent my nights on business trips out at (strip)bars
Hahaha! In 2 years this is the first time taking the Ps4. I gotta say , it's not a bad idea. I feel like I can dick around way more when I have my gaming laptop vs Ps4. Granted, I still have my work laptop to do things, but it's not the same.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
There's also a whole workaround I had to do to join the hotels wifi. It's been a while, but I know it involved using the ps4 web browser to access the hotel's wifi sign-in page.

Crone

There's also a whole workaround I had to do to join the hotels wifi. It's been a while, but I know it involved using the ps4 web browser to access the hotel's wifi sign-in page.
Forgot about that. That would work!

Also just realized I've beaten uncharted 2, and that's where I stopped! Onward to 3!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
In a hotel, and brought my Ps4, instead of my gaming laptop for the week. Wanted to try and bust out some Uncharted, but I don't have any internet. PS4's can't handle the captiv portal thing that hotels do to connect to wifi, but will it even matter? It'll just upload my saves to the cloud once I'm back on the internet, and until then just be local?
It can handle the captive portal. You need to connect to th network and then go to the web browser on th PS4. It will redirect you to login page, and then you’re good. Most hotel internet is laughably shitty though, last one I was at it took over a full 24 hours to download Bloodborne and that isn’t a very big game.

Crone

It can handle the captive portal. You need to connect to th network and then go to the web browser on th PS4. It will redirect you to login page, and then you’re good. Most hotel internet is laughably shitty though, last one I was at it took over a full 24 hours to download Bloodborne and that isn’t a very big game.
I'm not sure if you know who I am but I'm Diamond status at Hilton and get their premium internet for free! A whopping 10 down Thank you very much!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'm not sure if you know who I am but I'm Diamond status at Hilton and get their premium internet for free! A whopping 10 down Thank you very much!
10 times faster than the free shit I had. Blazing fast 1 down

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Uncharted 2 is still my favorite PS title ever.

Last of Us is 2nd.

God of War 3rd.

HZD was good but overrated.

Vorph

I'd still put Demon's Souls way above all other PS exclusives. I'd kill for a PS5 version of it COMPLETELY UNTOUCHED except fixing the framerate in World 5. Would never happen though; From Soft can't even patch a Souls game without meddling with everything let alone do something like a remaster.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Miyazaki doesn't seem like the type to want to waste time on remasters. If it happens it's because whoever has the rights to the game (Sony and Atlus?) pays someone like Virtuous to do it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'd still put Demon's Souls way above all other PS exclusives. I'd kill for a PS5 version of it COMPLETELY UNTOUCHED except fixing the framerate in World 5. Would never happen though; From Soft can't even patch a Souls game without meddling with everything let alone do something like a remaster.

It's playable on PC and holds up surprisingly well