The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Sean_sl

shitlord
Except it doesn't. good try tho.

I've watched tons of youtube videos on it, and they are not even near as smooth when turning as a uncapped fps on a 120hz monitor.

Shall you start your dive into another full retard mode now? so everyone can get there popcorn ready..
You've watched tons of videos on it, okay. Well, you're wrong and do not know what you're talking about. I've actually ran the tests on a high end Plasma and they came out exactly the same as 120hz monitors.

I'll leave it at that you have no clue what you're talking about and if you're just going to jerk off to some meaningless PC shit then you should probably leave a Console thread. No one appreciates it, especially when you try to fill it with false information.

Column_sl

shitlord
Not to mention the best plasma according to AVS is at 16.9 ms in game mode which according to them degrades performance of the game itself. 16.9 = 1 frame of input lag...

So PC= real uncapped FPS, 120hz advantage, and no input lag versus your shit plasma with 1 frame of lag with a console capped at 60 fps.

Sean_sl

shitlord
PlayStation 4 gets graphically definitive version of Watch Dogs:http://www.examiner.com/article/rumo...id=db_articles

ayqlpc.png

Cor_sl

shitlord
A good Plasma has the exact same motion benefits as a high hz monitor. So, stop playing on shitty TVs.
I have a top end Panasonic plasma. It's not anywhere as good as a high end 120-144hz monitor, especially for twitch games (Counter Strike:GO, Quake Live, etc.). Just a shame there's no IPS 120-144hz panels.

It's not about motion resolution, anyway. It's about reducing input latency and increasing responsiveness. 120-144hz monitors dominate here.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I have a top end Panasonic plasma. It's not anywhere as good as a high end 120-144hz monitor, especially for twitch games (Counter Strike:GO, Quake Live, etc.). Just a shame there's no IPS 120-144hz panels.
Mine passes every single motion resolution test that they made for those high hz monitors, so dunno what to tell you about yours. It plays games perfectly too, I'm not big into super-twitchy shooters though, action games are more my thing.

And yeah, no high hz IPS monitors pretty much blows, since for a PC I wouldn't use anything but one.

Cor_sl

shitlord
Mine passes every single motion resolution test that they made for those high hz monitors, so dunno what to tell you about yours. It plays games perfectly too.

And yeah, no high hz IPS monitors pretty much blows, since for a PC I wouldn't use anything but one.
Read my edit. It's not about motion resolution (which I agree is better on a plasma than virtually every LCD/LED) but input latency, responsiveness, and smoothness.

120hz-144hz monitors simply show more frames, leading to a smoother, more accurate picture. It also gives your brain more time to process and react to the game, which is particularly important in twitch based games where 10ms can be the difference between life and death.

60hz_vs_120hz_smooth_mouse_cursor.jpg
?

Sean_sl

shitlord
Read my edit. It's not about motion resolution (which I agree is better on a plasma than virtually every LCD/LED) but input latency, responsiveness, and smoothness.

120hz-144hz monitors simply show more frames, leading to a smoother, more accurate picture. It also gives your brain more time to process and react to the game, which is particularly important in twitch based games where 10ms can be the difference between life and death.

60hz_vs_120hz_smooth_mouse_cursor.jpg
?
Eh, the whole point is that Plasmas have a super smooth image due to how they work. 60hz on one is not the same as 60hz on a lcd. The workings of shit like Panasonic's 2500 FFD is entirely different than how LCDs display.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Yeah, just saw that. Word is the PS4 version runs at 1080p and the Xbone version's resolution is "TBD".
Well, from the Edge article and other buzz around the internet it's probably 900p if they want to keep the framerate solid. Either that or they'll go with 1080p and just let it take the frame rate hit.

I'd guess that 900p internal resolution for a solid frame rate and then have the scaler bring it up to 1080p is the more likely option of the two.

Cor_sl

shitlord
Eh, the whole point is that Plasmas have a super smooth image due to how they work. 60hz on one is not the same as 60hz on a lcd. The workings of shit like Panasonic's 2500 FFD is entirely different than how LCDs display.
Right, which makes a plasma a better choice than a regular LCD, but an inferior choice to a 120hz/144hz monitor (note: not a 120hz/240hz television that uses motion interpolation to fake its smoothness). 120-144hz monitors are also designed specifically to reduce latency, which plasmas televisions are not.

Good 120hz-144hz monitors are the closest I've seen to CRTs in terms of smoothness and responsiveness; they're awesome. Just need some IPS panels and they'll be near perfect.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I think you're just underestimating how smooth the better Plasmas are now, they have 0 motion blur, perfect smoothness, etc.

I wouldn't be playing twitch FPS on them since they're gigantic TVs and not suitable for that, but for anything else they're pretty much perfect.

Sean_sl

shitlord
So more good news: Killzone Shadowfall to have Dedicated Servers:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=687499

Killzone: Shadow Fall's Online Multiplayer has Dedicated Servers, People With Slow Connections Can Play Without Issues
September 27, 2013 Written by Jason Dunning

Going back through all of the Killzone: Shadow Fall posts we've done so far, a lot has been talked about regarding the multiplayer, frames per second, and more.

In a recent Q&A at Eurogamer Expo, Lead Designer Eric Boltjes answered a whole bunch of questions (the video is below) that re-capped most of what we've covered (via Killzone.com), while also explaining the network structure for the online multiplayer:
Killzone: Shadow Fall has dedicated servers hosted in various regions around the world. These servers do not run the logic of the game - they only act as a hub between the clients, forwarding network traffic from one player in game to all other players in game. This allows people with a slower connection or strict firewall settings to play without issues. Almost all logic relating to you (e.g. moving, shooting and taking damage) runs on your local PS4, with only a very small portion of the game logic (i.e. mission/scoring logic) running on the 'session master', one PS4 in the game selected for its connection quality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpRSl8i_0fk

Killzone: Shadow Fall releases on November 15th in the US/Canada and November 29th in many other PS4 launch countries.

Are you glad that people with slow connections won't hamper your overall online experience? Let us know in the comments below.

Source: Playstationlifestyle
Not that I will actually play multiplayer in that game. Probably not anyways.

Cor_sl

shitlord
I'm very sensitive to frame rates and input latency, so I know first hand that plasmas aren't as good as 120hz-144hz monitors on that front. I can easily tell the difference between 90fps and 120fps, for example, which most people can't do.

For televisions and casual gaming (as in, single player stuff and console multiplayer), plasmas are more than good enough for me. I can see why some people may not want to go back to 30fps on a plasma after using a 120hz-144hz monitor, though, since the difference is jarring. It takes me at least half an hour for my eyes to re-adjust back to 30fps after gaming on a 120hz-144hz monitor.

So more good news: Killzone Shadowfall to have Dedicated Servers:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=687499

Not that I will actually play multiplayer in that game. Probably not anyways.
I got some hands on time with Killzone on Thursday at the Eurogamer Expo and I wasn't too impressed. It looks nice, but it still controls horribly like every other entry in the series.

It's good to see that more games are getting dedicated servers, though. That needs to be standardised industry wide.

Column_sl

shitlord
I wouldn't be playing twitch FPS on them since they're gigantic TVs and not suitable for that, but for anything else they're pretty much perfect.
That's stupidest thing I've seen you post all week.

You are really are a Fucking retard...

Sean_sl

shitlord
It's good to see that more games are getting dedicated servers, though. That needs to be standardised industry wide.
Yeah, it does. There's really no "good" excuse for dedicated servers to not be standard (there's plenty of bullshit excuses that they give though!).

Anyways. I think there's been some slight miscommunication here. I definitely wouldn't be playing something like CS or Quake on a big Plasma TV, if you want to nerd out and do that a small 120hz monitor is definitely the better choice. However, for playing something like say GTA, the upcoming Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed, Devil May Cry, Uncharted, etc, you definitely get a much betterexperienceon a big Plasma TV than a small monitor.

Also I was talking more like solid 60 fps experiences on Plasmas Cor (say hooking your PC up to your TV or the very rare 60fps console game), 30 fps locked games are a pain no matter what and really shouldn't be part of that conversation.

Cor_sl

shitlord
Anyways. I think there's been some slight miscommunication here. I definitely wouldn't be playing something like CS or Quake on a big Plasma TV, if you want to nerd out and do that a small 120hz monitor is definitely the better choice. However, for playing something like say GTA, the upcoming Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed, Devil May Cry, Uncharted, etc, you definitely get a much betterexperienceon a big Plasma TV than a small monitor.

Also I was talking more like solid 60 fps experiences on Plasmas Cor (say hooking your PC up to your TV or the very rare 60fps console game), 30 fps locked games are a pain no matter what and really shouldn't be part of that conversation.
Well, like I said, I can see the difference between 90fps and 120fps very easily, so even switching from 120fps to 60fps is jarring to me. When I was younger, I would have done all my gaming on a 120hz-144hz monitor for sure, but I just don't give a shit nowadays. I'm a lot more relaxed about these sorts of things than I used to be. A plasma is good enough for my needs, so I'll keep using my plasma for the majority of my gaming.

That said, I can see why some people might not want to give up their 120hz-144hz monitors for a plasma. Itisbetter than a plasma, for sure - I just don't care about these things as much as I used to, that's all.

---

Just found this site -http://1pcent.com/

Dude is running 3x titans in sli. Crazy shit.

Coren_sl

shitlord
Well, from the Edge article and other buzz around the internet it's probably 900p if they want to keep the framerate solid. Either that or they'll go with 1080p and just let it take the frame rate hit.

I'd guess that 900p internal resolution for a solid frame rate and then have the scaler bring it up to 1080p is the more likely option of the two.
What's weird though, is Morin just recently said he's unsure if the game runs at 1080p or 720p. That dodge, combined with this bit of news, is enough to make one wonder if the X1 is actually running at 720p.