The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No, we bet that he used homosexual attacks more than I did. Because every post he made was calling someone a dick chugger or a faggot, etc.

His butt is still sore over it.
You made the number one fanboy =)

I thought Itlan had the crown, but you are on a whole nother creeper level.
Eddard-Ned-Stark-game-of-thrones-20741895-500-333.jpg

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So on topic...

Albert Penello - MS Director of Product Planning_sl said:
Two takeaways from this video.

My head is huge.
Man I do more of the Italian hand-talking then I thought.

So one of the requirements I had for doing this video is I wanted to speak accurately and factually. I?m not sure how you can say there was marketing spin in this. I wanted to tie all of this back to actual features.

I talked about the tangible benefits of ?the cloud?: Save games, roaming profiles, content re-download.
I talked about the future-stated benefits of cloud rendering, and never made any outrageous claims about it.

When I talked about Smartglass, I talked about real features, and game implementation.

I?m not sure you could claim any of these as being speculative or sensationalist.

Also to be clear. One of the benefits of publishing games on Xbox One ? ALL game developers get Dedicated Servers, Cloud Processing, and ?storage? (for save games) free.

If you want to do dedicated servers on other platforms, you have to prop them yourself. But on Xbox One, while developers can choose to use their own methods, we make it available to everyone.

There should be no confusion on this point. We do not charge developers for Dedicated Servers.

Originally Posted by netBuff
This is literally impossible, it's not a question of whether MS wants to or not. The failure rate with biometric recognition is much too high for such a feature to work in any way.

The only literal part of this statement is that it?s literally wrong. All the processing for your personal Kinect ID is done locally. If you want to have your biometric log-in done on another console, you have to log-in and have the Kinect recognize you there. And between the HD camera and the IR sensor, it?s nearly flawless (in my house anyway). I sit 8 feet away from my TV, at an angle, and sign-in works every time.
Viewing Single Post - NeoGAF/Xbox One: Built for the future - NeoGAF

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
This guy is quite literally full of it. Dedicated server support to connect to the cloud services? Sure. Dedicated server support for multiplayer games? No. It's peer to peer on a leveraged hybrid model every time. And they fucking know it. Publishers, not developers, have the option of funding support for using the Xbone cloud services which eases development of peer to peer multiplayer gaming with server migration. The Dedicated server option for Microsoft is * nothing but false *. They have dedicated Xbox live servers. NOTHING MORE. Once a game hits the multiplayer mode, it hits peer to peer unless otherwise stated by the publisher, and in activisions case, it's a hybrid model meaning they are selling it as dedicated server (Probably hosting about 6 of them) while the remainder (90%) will hit next tier P2P which they have already stated is a hybrid model.

Fancy marketing. Holy Shiesters.

Also, they respect privacy concerns
rolleyes.png

Do people believe any of this garbage?

Xevy

Log Wizard
"PS4 gonna have a candy dispenser!" ---- "Awesome! They really know what they're doing! That 9 years of extra R&D on Microsoft really payed off!"

"XB1 gonna be able to handle 6 people on Kinect!" ----"BULLSHIT PR LIE-SPINNING FANBOY FAGGOTS!"

Sean_sl

shitlord
Come on Ut, you know that the Xbone is going to be hard to find since they're probably only able to ship about 500k units max.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Come on Ut, you know that the Xbone is going to be hard to find since they're probably only able to ship about 500k units max.
6 million shipped on launch at maximum. I would say they MAYBE have 500k preorders across the world.

Szlia

Sony really needs to bring back the Kevin Butler commercials.
I love the Kevin Butler commercials, but I think the whole faux-cheap comedy approach works better to energize an established product than to launch a new one. Core message + originality + sense of awe is a better mix for launch, and this commercial and the previous one with the monologue are very much on point and very good. It's elegant how the pre-existing lyrics in this context not only say 'playing with your buddies will be great' but also 'playing video games is not a waste of time'.

Column_sl

shitlord
Where are you getting 6 million shipped at launch? Not saying you are wrong, I just haven't seen that number.
This article says 1 million at launch for the xbone.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/PlayS...s-387089.shtml

No clue where he is getting that 500k number or the 6 million thing.

The pre-order sales number reveals a clear gap between the two, with the PS4 currently sold out in many retailers. GameStop, for example, has 1.5 million waitlisted for the PS4 while 700,000 for the Xbox One.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
I love the Kevin Butler commercials, but I think the whole faux-cheap comedy approach works better to energize an established product than to launch a new one. Core message + originality + sense of awe is a better mix for launch, and this commercial and the previous one with the monologue are very much on point and very good. It's elegant how the pre-existing lyrics in this context not only say 'playing with your buddies will be great' but also 'playing video games is not a waste of time'.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I like the current line of PS4 commercials, but until I saw the last segment I thought it was for Xbox One. Even then, was half expecting to see a Titan before I saw the red eyes and it clicked that it was Killzone. Would rather they be some form of in-engine stuff across the games making the same point, but understandable that things aren't ready for that quite yet.

Stillborn_sl

shitlord
Had to cancel my PS4 pre-order as I needed to use the $ to make emergency repairs to my car. /bleh

Ah well. Will pick one up sometime in '14.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
This article says 1 million at launch for the xbone.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/PlayS...s-387089.shtml

No clue where he is getting that 500k number or the 6 million thing.
I love debating with amateurs. Your article says expected to SELL one million units. I am talking about how many will be SHIPPED and available. Hence my little bet to you that you didn't take because according to estimates MS will be lucky to sell through 20% of their shipped stock. If you are going to go head first into this big boy conversation, do me the courtesy of reading posts before replying.

Microsoft Denies Rumored Cuts to Xbox One Unit Numbers | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Microsoft has reportedly cut the number of Xbox One game consoles it expects to ship in 2013 from 7 million units to 6.2 million units due to some supposed issues with component yield rates, but the software giant called the rumor "innacurate."
500k preorders in the US. Non fan boy estimates.

Column_sl

shitlord
That article you linked is from 2 months ago ,and highly in accurate. They don't even know a launch date

My article was linked 14 days ago....

Link something relevant please also your 500k preorders is inaccurate with gamestop siting 700k allready held for them alone.

Notice this blurb

as opposed to Microsoft that can only get 1 million devices into stores in November.
1 million devices in NA at launch.... that clearly say shipped not projected sales.

Our argument is on the launch. You cleary saying you do not need to preorder X boxes because they will be everywhere.

So do me the favor don't change the discussion, and read the article before you post in inaccuracies.